February 2007 - Don't Sweat the Small Stuff

Discussion in 'Your Front Porch' started by dizzjo, Feb 1, 2007.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. cowcollector

cowcollector Don't hug a tree, hug a cow!!

big huggs to all my buddies today!!

2. Peanut Brittle

Peanut Brittle My Twerple Has My Heart

Here are some more big hugs! I've missed you all. The weeks I spend visiting with my friend who has dementia really take a lot out of me-- but I don't think I'd trade the time spent for anything in the world. I am learning SO MUCH!

I'm looking out onto a lace-work of snow. We got a few inches in the night. All is crisp and clean, pristine!

This will be a short one, but wanted to say HELLO!

xoxoxox,
    Jenski

3. Linda1002

Linda1002 New Member

Stopping in to say hello :) :)!

4. cdedie

cdedie Designed by DizzyNBlue

Hi ya'll! Haven't been here for a few and have missed ya'll very much! Am now caught up but too much to go back and try to respond to but you know me - [​IMG]

Rae Nell you poor darlin'! I was in the house and the dust got to me BAD!!!! :p Made my sinuses act up and gave me a headache. Of course that made me MM symptomatic with the fullness, etc. Mike washed down the outside of the house and it was pure mud! :eek: Now he's talking about having to clean the windows! ;) I hope you and Dylan are feeling better now and that Larry doesn't get sick too!

Well I watched the Oscars and enjoyed Ellen's antics. Wasn't a standout as Oscar shows go - but OK. That's all I've been doing the last several days - staying in bed (mostly) watching or listening to TV [​IMG]. Such a bore! Did watch Oprah's opening of her school in South Africa last nite and cried with happiness for all those bright and eager girls who will now have an opportunity in life! Oprah is such a fantastic Lady!!!! Then I indulged in a little (just a little now) self pity and had a nice short cry for myself. You know when I am sick and layed up I feel so useless and seeing all those sweet girls who now have a chance in life made me ... well I said it already - useless.[​IMG] But I didn't let it last long and am now feeling better and still useless ::) [​IMG]

Marian I am so glad you are back and feeling like posting!!!![​IMG] You may think all you do is complain, but you don't! You give us some very interesting things to read! :-* I agree with you that there is too much building going on! I tell Hubbie that maybe we should just give up and lay concrete over the whole world. [​IMG] I usually say that when we drive by what use to be a beautiful wooded - or just prairie and they are building MORE shopping centers or the like. Someday we will wake up and realize that we have concreted the world! How sad would that be![​IMG]

Glad Joyce and Loretta are on the mend! ;D May everyday get better and better!

jrw so very glad to hear that your daughter is doing so much better! Still must be a relief to know she isn't constantly in pain! Did I mention we've had lots of cedar waxwings around lately? Don't know if you have them up there but they are such a pretty bird!

Missing Maggie me mate!!! Hope it's just her computer and not her being "crook" as to why we haven't seen her for a few. :-* :-*

Good to see you Jenski! Hi [​IMG]

Dianna I am very happy that you have had several good days![​IMG] Sounds like your weekend was a good one! :-*
    :eek: You took Dylan driving! :D :D That is so funny! But really a very good idea! I think Mike is such a good driver because he learned at a very early age. OK so it started out on a tractor... he's still a good driver. ;)

Jill wish I had taken a picture of the dust for you. Here's a link to our local newspaper which had some pictures if you want to see. http://www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/news/16781422.htm

Linda - soon [​IMG] ! LOL

Hi Sami the sweet, Wendy, Queen Dixie, Richard, Tizzy, ... awww heck Hi everyone!!![​IMG]

Love and Hugs

5. Linda1002

Linda1002 New Member

Carol - I love your emoticons :) :D :-*!

6. cdedie

I finally found a baseball one!!!!! Can you believe that they have a sporty smiley section WITHOUT baseball????? Bad, bad, bad. Even found one for Jill I'll use one day - golf! LOL

Love ya Linda!

7. jrw

jrw New Member

Carol - icky dust. Thanks for the photo link. Yes, we have cedar waxwings. Last time I saw a flock was just after Christmas. We went to try to find the short eared owls and rough legged hawks today and didn't luck out. Did find a redpoll, half dozen tree sparrows, a northern shrike, a couple of red-tailed hawks. Roads were pretty messed up 'cause we had 9" of snow over the weekend. We're bracing for another one coming at the end of the week supposedly.

Hey, hope that sprinkle of pixie dust did you guys some good. 'Cause I picked up a cold from my dear hubby and son. Thanks, guys. Unless someone here exchanged it for the pixie dust? ;)

Marian, I agree with others here; we learn a lot from you. Glad you stop by when you are able. That's bad news about the trees. I just wish people would learn we're on this earth as sharers with all the other creatures and life instead of as a dominator. We constantly face it here, too. City and state administrators have a love affair with concrete and buildings.

Have been really working at the violin. Seems I've got a lot of difficult pieces, for me anyway. Transitions to third position, lots of D and G string work, odd bowing, it's been a challenge the last couple of weeks. This weekend we're going to see the Chieftains, an instrumental Celtic group. That'll be interesting to watch, and hear, them.

<hugs> to everybody. Trying to think of sunny California instead of cold, clouds, and sleet. Linda, send us some of your sunshine!

8. Linda1002

Linda1002 New Member

JRW - Don't have any right now....just rain!

Oh, and it hailed on my way home from work. There are little tiny ice cubes everywhere :eek:!

9. jabber

jabber New Member

Just popping in here for a quick hello to the neighbours, it's happy 48th, for us today but really haven't done anything to celebrate it, did get Chinese "take out" on the way home from the mall though and we don't do THAT very often. lol..
    Well, I had a nice long visit with the Dr. yesterday. the good news first,- I am on my way to being off the Effexor starting yesterday. 30 days on 37.5 mg. and then that's it.. Was warned though about the possibility of crazy dreams, and maybe some headaches as well coming off it, well, as long as I'm for-warned I can handle it. Had those dreams coming off the clonazepam too but hadn't been warned about them first.
    The not so good news was that my bp. is still too high, however he's sure that's the result of the 40 extra pounds I've packed on in the past three years. You just know what the next step is, eh... Yup, have to go back to see him in 2 months and he's expecting at least 10 pounds of that to be GONE..
    He told me that one lb. is equal to about 4lbs. of pressure on you back and legs, therefore 10 extra pounds of weight is equal to 40 pounds of pressure, so,- if I can get rid of this weight my back and legs won't be as bad.. Sounds good to me. Well, big mouth me said,-- I can get rid of the 10 pounds, no problem... lol
    Guess I've got my work cut out.. I have no idea HOW I'm going to do it...
    I've been having one heck of a time the past couple of weeks with my sinuses, just plugged solid and I thought it was a left-over from the bug I had, he said, nope, don't think so, better be looking at the allergies.
    AND if you get THAT under control maybe you won't have so much of a problem with those ears..
    Sheeeeesh, I never even thought about the allergies BUT we were out for a few hours yesterday and all the time we were out my sinuses weren't too bad, came home and they flared up within half an hour.. Some food for thoght there, -- we've been pretty lax of late in the dusting department, just doing what the eye could see, so this morning I got busy..
    We have a bit of a gasoline shortage going on here at the moment, so thought we'd best get out and see if we could top up the gas tank in the van, and while we were out I decided that I need to have a Swiffer duster with the longer handle on it for the ceiling fans and places where I can't reach all that well.. I've had the shorter handle one for a long time and I like it, just don't use it often enough that's all.. Since it was already after 4 we decided we'd just get the Chinese take out. I had the a few noodles but filled up on the sprouts and vegetables. Filled up my foot, I'm hungry already. lol

We're still getting snow yet from Sunday's storm but hopefully that's all going to end tomorrow and we might just actually see some sun,-- oh HAPPY DAY !!!!! Seeing the sun MIGHT just give me the inspiration I need to maybe get the dust out of these curtains and drapes. Sure would be nice if I could hang them on the line and if it's above freezing I'll do just that..

I'm sorry to see you're not feeling all that good Carol, and I hope that all changes soon. I just can't wait till the nice weather gets here and we're all hanging out at Joyce's fencing enjoying the sun and everybody's feeling good. It WILL happen one day, we just have to BELIEVE IT...
    Are we going to have to send the troops out "down under" to find our Maggie ?? Last I heard she wasn't feeling very good at all, hope you're up and about and better soon Maggie.. Sure would be nice to hear that laughter again. EVERYBODY that's not feeling good,- PLEASE feel better soon..
    I'm still battling this miserable pulsating tinnitus BUT,- so far I'm still plugging along, trying my darndest to make the best of a bad situation. It DOES get the best of me at times, gotta admit THAT, I know mine is not as bad as Marian's and I'm sure thankful for that and I pray every day that it doesn't get THAT bad, just gets tiring after a while listening to your own heart beat..

Well, that's it for me for today, still have a couple of things I want to clear up before this day is over. Everybody take care, and be kind to yourself.. ((((((( HUGS TO YOU ALL))))))
    Loretta

10. cdedie

Loretta my dear - from my lips to your ear (LOL) the best way to loose weight is to eat healthy and exercise! ::) ::) Now mind you this comes from the woman who needs to loose about 30 - 40 myself![​IMG] I wish you luck as I do Rae Nell - our poster girl [​IMG] who seems to have lost the most and our Queen Dixielynn Chick!!! [​IMG] As I sit here eating Trix cereal :eek: I will be glad to cheer you on and swear I will join you (exercise) when I can get in my pool![​IMG]

Happy 48th!!!!!

jrw I'll send some pixie dust back!!!! [​IMG]

11. Goomeri Spinner

Goomeri Spinner New Member

G'day stressbusters....I is back :-* :-*

AAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH I have just lost the post I was doing and now have to start all over again...I hate that :mad: ;D

Well I am glad to report that jrw's pixie dust did make it downunder cause I am certainly feeling a whole lot better :D ;D I have also stopped the Diamox that was causing the me to feel as crook as Rookwood :D
    Shame, cause it was working for the fullness/pressure but I just couldn't live like I was...uuuggghhh, no one should feel like that ::) :D It caused me to have to go for an emergency doc visit and bloods on Saturday (all up doing having to do 130kms :eek: and ya all know I don't travel well :D) One of the drawbacks of living in the bush ;)
    The potassium, Sodium and Bicarb were all a bit low and I was soooooo oedematous it wasn't funny :mad: I have now at least got my ankles back and can get my rings off :D :D but I have also got the pressure back and half of my head feels like it is about to blow off :eek: :eek: ;D ;D Ewwwwwwwww ear and brain everywhere :D :D :D :D ;D ;D ;D ;D I can however cope much better with that then what the Diamox was doing to me :( I have had to start back on the Dyazide but am trying only one a day
    :-\ :-\ How dare my doc go on holidays when I need him ::) :D ;D Can't see him for another 2 weeks and I don't want to see anyone else in the practice for MM related thingys, some are just unknowledgeable about it :D :D and my other favourite doc HAD (sponsorship and immigration crap :eek:)to go elsewhere for a year, but will hopfully be returning. I will stumble along until he gets back ;D

We just won't talk about the back except to say it bloody bites hard on occasion ::) ;D :D

One good thing is I finally got back to swimming today ;D ;D I have missed it soooooooooooooooooo much ;D Beautiful day, hot, sunny, lovely cool water and a thousand ankle biters :eek: (OK only about 15 :D) from the school learning to swim ;D ;D ;D ;D Thankfuly they left after 1/2 hour so we had 1/2 hour of the pool to ourselves then ;D ;D Didn't really matter cause I only managed 5 laps instead of my 15 (olympic pool laps) I will have to build the strength back again but it was just sooooooooo lovely. I love the water cause it doesn't take any effort to swim, unlike walking ::) :( Maybe I'll just live in the water ;D ;D ;D

Next good thing is that I start the Guardian editors/sub-editors job tomorrow. I have had a brief inservice and "think" I will be able to do it :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ Mainly all computer and fax work, only rarely have to use the phone. I remind the regular contributors to submit their story/add/press release etc etc who then fax or e-mail it too me. I have to save it to Word, put it and any photo's/graphics in their own folder after changing the pics to greyscale (cept the cover is colour) then put it on one of those memory stick thingys ::) ;D :D and Maurice will collect it around the 28th of each month and take it to the printers. I get to put my stories in, plus crosswords, sudoko, quizzes, trivia, facts etc etc :D :D I make the decision what goes in ;) ;) :D :D Oh so much power ;D :D ;D ;D ;D Hope it doesn't corrupt me ::)

Finally ;D I am getting broadband very soon...IT IS REALLY GOING TO HAPPEN...some have already got it in town and I have signed up and will get my modem etc soon AND I have unlimited downloads ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :D :D :D :D :D

Thank you all for remembering me, I have been reading but not posting ;) ;D

You can call the troops home Loretta :D :-* I am with you about the weight thingy :D :D I have to shift it somehow and am doing as Carol suggested...sensible, healthy diet and trying to exercise :p :p
    Having said that I have just eaten a Mars Bar (different to yours...no nuts...as if that makes a difference to the kilojoules ;D ;D ;D) AND a bloody Flake ::) ::) ;D ;D ;D BUT in my defence ;D I haven't had anything like that for over 2 weeks, have been doing portion control and smaller meals and snacks...and making them as healthy as possible :p :p You and my darlin Marian sure have to put up with the beast's effects with that bloody PT :mad: :( :'( Dusting makes allergies WORSE darlin, so its a good reason NOT to do it :D ;D but ya know what had buggered my puter most ??? It was bloody full of dust...all the vent holes were blocked by dust and the RAM was dirty with it :D :D :D Get to feeling good darlin lady :-*

Carol, mate...are you still crook :( Bad girl :D I am sorry to say my absence has been due to crookness :D :D but that my puter is now all fixed up ;D ;D We both got well at the same time :D :D
    We will have to chat again but wait till I get this bloody ear pressure a bit better under control cause the phone just buggers my ear up when I'm like this :mad: ::) Darlin' Raenell and Dear Dixie sure are the poster girls on here for weight loss ;D ;D ;D Maybe we should do one of those nudie calender things of all us "young" gals when we lose the weight and we can donate the profits to MRI ..of cause Sherry and Tuck will need to be in it too :D :D :D :D :D :D :D Now, what could we call it ??? ;D :D

I pinched this from Carol ;D ;D ;D ;D so ya could look at it again :D :D
    Did you collect the ice cubes and put em in the freezer ::) :D You can use them for drinks :D Are they small enough to fit down the neck of a Stella stubbie :D ;D :-* Send the rain here please but keep the ice cubes ::) ;D Miss chatting to ya and OMG it nearly that season again and we will hardly see ya :D love ya sis :-*

Raenell darlin :-* It sounds never ending with you and yours :( :'( Get to feeling less crook and have some bonza days instead :-* ;D :D I NEED to hear that accent again ;D ;D ;D

Joyce darlin :-* You feeling better yet ??? I love today quote :) Buckets of huga back to you
    darlin :-*

jrw sweet lady :-* I hope that the cold is not too bad on you...it wasn't me honestly ::) :D I promise I don't have a cold, other thingys maybe :p but no cold :p and I thank you profusely ::) for the pixie dust, it sure worked for me ;D

Jenski darlin :-* "crisp, clean and pristine" I just love they wat you have with words ;D I can see it in my mind with and its beautiful :-* ;D Take care sweet one and don't forget yourself while you are visiting with your friend :) You are one very sweet lady and I bet your friend knows that deep down, despite the dementia :( :)

Marian darlin :-* I hope that you got my e-mail dear lady :) Don't bother responding dear one :-* unless the PT is giving you a break (but I doubt that :'() We all think of you daily and love ya but like Linda said a while back we just don't know what to say....IF ONLY there was a cure :( :'( Have you heard back form any of those docs yet ??? Be as well as possible :-* even if it means staying in bed more and sleeping to relieve the PT. You must be soooooooo buggered and frustrated by it all, get rid of the vertigo and get the PT, you sure like to do the rare thingys darlin...that is why you are so unique and well, just our Marian :-* How is Rudd and did his procedure go OK ??? {{{HUGS}}}} to you both

OK I know I have missed mentioning heaps of you lovely folks but I think of this thread all the time and count myself lucky to have sooooooo many friends and family to hang out with at Joyce's fence.

Tizzy, darlin Di, Richard, Jill, Sami the sweet, Wendy (she has been gone a long time :'( or did I miss something... lol) Oh I know there are others but am too brain fogged to remember ::) ;D

Love you all :-* :-* :-*

Maggie

12. jill

jill New Member

Quick pop in this morning!

Hello all!

Loretta....I just wrote what you said about what the doc said about 1 lb = 4lbs pressure on legs and back, and as soon as I am finished with this post I am marching myself down to Moms and give her the info. She has such major issues with pain in her legs and swelling. ANd she needs to lose at least 100 lbs! She of course wants a miricle pill for the pain and we keep telling her to just lose some and she WILL feel some relief. URGHHHH.

Happy 48th to you both!!

Carol...thanks for the link to the pictures. Ewwwww But I was miffed that it was 63 there now and will hit 74 today!! LMAO

Maggie...so glad you feeling better and swimming again! Yeah!!

Waving to Joyce, Rae Nell, Jen, jrw, Linda, Marian, Dixie, Richard, Wendy, Tizzy, Sue, Di, Sami, Stacey.

Off to do a boat load of errands today!!

Hugs to all

PS Steve got his tatoo yesterday and looks Fab, will have to show ya'll!!

13. Marian

Marian New Member

Carol: Fortunately the new government made big decisions in the first week they started - for the environment: every car that is polluting above a certain amount of CO2 has to pay for planting two or more trees in an area made available now till it will be full; other things like buying a new fridge you have to pay more (for leaving an old one behind) so about 10 trees can be planted. New couches the same: also about 10 to 14 trees. The more trees they plant and the CO2 will be eliminated (anyway that is what I understood of it - I only saw it in the news and my head did not work very well). I hardly ever read newspapers anymore, as then I have to bend forwards and my neck hurts too much and it goes up into my head. So some steps have been taken, more are to follow. Industrie has to plant many more trees, unless they make their emission of CO2 going down till hardly anything can escape into the air anymore. The previous government did zero about care for the environment. Money was more important.

We cannot make that sort of alcohol stuff for cars to drive on, made from woodchips. First we do not want to chop down trees for that and second: then all other measurements to plant more trees will be undone. And there are still no pumps for alternative fuels for cars. There was one in the South, but driving to that only one is a bit silly. Hope that the new government will also deal with that, but whether all cars can drive on alternative fuel, is still an open question to me. We cannot afford now to buy a new environmental friendly car. If we ever can do that!

Today the forest behind the school is opening up and bits by bits trees are removed. It looks so strange, and what I really do not like is that the sun is coming through (I like the sun, but in winter it goes now deep into the house) and the roof of the school is made, of all things, of corrugated iron (same as in NZ the cheaper sort of houses had). I thought that was never used here, we have decent roofs with real tiles, but it shows that everything there has to go on the cheap and that corrugated iron is glistening in the sun and hurts the eyes when you sit in the living room. And drawing the curtains during the day is not a good solution. Would be nice if it would be opened where in summer the sun goes down, then we have for a long time till late at night when the sun is coming into the garden, but at this open spot the sun might go down only a short time and we are already past that. We have to find more bushes and little trees to plant in the empty area. People still go in and don't care at all that prickly bushes are standing there. And then they come back, as they cannot go further as the rest is set off, where the wood cutters are working with their chainsaws.

If this all would happen far away from us, but this all happens right in front of the house and Dutch roads are narrow. There is just room for two cars to pass each other, when people park at one side. Two trucks are too big to pass and have to wait at certain points. At the moment it is a coming and going of trucks for all that building, and in the coming days all chopped down trees will be transported to the beginning of the street where they will be sawn into smaller parts. Our neighbours put their house on the market and bought another one already, sure that this one would sell. That house has the smallest garden of all others here in the street. And a very small living room. But they attached the price of € 359.000 (extra costs excluded) to it, being approx. $ 474.270. A real crazy price. They bought this house last year for 275.000 Euro, after it had been on the market for a whole year at the price of 292.000 Euro. That was also too high and the owner did not want to go down. He finally had to as time was running out. I am glad they are leaving again, as they were not good neighbours. They painted their house over again right before the sale, without sanding it down, just some paint over the old varnished hardwood. Now their colour is bright blue while our house has the colour of varnished hardwood, darkish brown. Usually when two houses are attached, you discuss changes of colours. And in good agreement you can look the same and no division where the other house starts. We both have a vanilla white stucco area above the bottom windows. So our upper windows and theirs first too, were nicely standing out from the vanilla stucco. Now the neighbours have painted all their window frames and the frontdoor too, in white. And then that beam across that should be the same as ours, but theirs is bright blue. And halfway our part is still varnished dark hardwood. Everyone who has some knowledge of buying houses, can see how everything was done in a hurry. The once so nice rock garden which the previous owners had as front garden and needed no maintenance, was ruined and now there is instead a very ordinary patch on the same place. It all looks so newly done, while other people still have to start on doing their gardens after winter. Their description on-line of the situation where the house is: opposite a nice green foresty area. Well, buyers will immediately see that that foresty area is now only two trees and lots of rubbish they dumped there themselves when the garden was changed, in front of their house and a building structure behind it which has a big sign that it will become a school.

I never got to know them. They had a baby in October, we sent a present and a card but were not invited. Even Ruud, who makes good contact with most neighbours, has never been inside. Good riddance, now we also get rid of their big van/truck and 3 other cars and often her mother's car too. And they do not use the garage nor drive.

Maggie: Thank you all your concern. I indeed got your email and have answered it by now. So there is enough talk in that so I will leave it now.
    SORRY, I see now that I haven't answered your email yet. I have been so busy today and really thought I had written to you too. Will do that tomorrow, promise!

All others thanks for thinking of me. I got news from Dizzysheba that Timothy Hains is the Dizzy Doctor and is very kind to everyone and he can be trusted. He had for a while too many patients, and did not accept more (I read that years ago) but she said that he probably would answer my letter and help the doctors in my country. That other doctor in Johns Hopkins Hospital also has a website with much information. And they also cater for foreigners from other countries. So I have choice, but at the moment I feel so shaky to start writing. I am never short of words, but writing to those doctors and asking them whether they can help me is something different. It is hard to ask help for yourself.

I stop now, I need a rest.

Bye and love to all the ones I did not mention.

Marian

14. Dixie Chick

Dixie Chick New Member

Just checking in here. I tried to go on my treadmill last night for 25 min but didnt quite make it. I was too dizzie to do that. But I did do 20 min.
    Hubby told me not to push it too much any way before my knee surgery he said that 20 min was just fine right now.
    On the news this morning it said that it might snow here I am hopping that it dosent. I dont like the snow I dont like driving it thank goodness that I dont have to drive to work. But I do worry about my hubby driving it to work. I have him call me when he gets to work all the time.
    Well my daughters wedding invations are sent out and now that stress is gone right now. Now for the wedding. We are going up to Olympia on the friday night and spending the night we have our hotel room all ready reserved and all we might even stay the night on Sat depends on how we feel after the wedding and all. We have a 2 1/2 hour drive so not sure what we will do but we do have the room for 2 nights just incase.
    So that is all set I have my dress and shoes all so.
    So now I am stressing about my appointment next week to set up the date and all that good stuff for my knee surgery. If it isnt one thing to think of it is another. My hubby told me not to worry about any thing but you know I do and that is just the way I am.
    Well hope every one here is doing well.
    Hugs to all

15. dizzjo

dizzjo One day at a time & baby steps!

Wednesday 28 February 2007

So many of us hold on to little resentments that may have stemmed from an argument, a misunderstanding, the way we were raised, or some other painful event. Whenever we hold on to our anger, we turn "small stuff" into really "BIG STUFF" in our minds.

We really will feel more freedom once we have purged that kind of thinking from our systems. Give everyone the benefit of the doubt when it comes to judging others. We all don't fit the same mold.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    We did get a little more snow during the early morning hours. I thought I may go back to my volunteer job today, but decided it is better to be fully well than just well enough so will stay home one more week. My Dr. gave me another bottle of Rx cough medicine yesterday so will use it. I still am sleeping quite a lot, which added to the decision not to force myself into getting well faster than I am. Everything takes longer to accomplish when we get older, I have found.

Today we will pick up our granddaughter from school and she will come for dinner and a visit. I will give her an extra big hug today and be so thankful to have her. Not far from us a whole car load of children on their way to school were killed when they plunged into a pool when they were on icy roads on the way to school. Three from one family and two from another. It was very sad to hear about. So tragic. It makes me remember to be thankful for our family and not take things so casual. I don't think I could take that much grief at one time.

Dixie Good hubby to remind you not to over do things. Just take care of yourself. Twenty minutes is good when you are not feeling well to begin with.

Marian I hope you will be able to get an appt with the Dr. of your choice. You don't give up hope and that is great. I hope one will be able to see you and that you will be able to come to the US for help.

We have had sweeping changes when the ones running the government change. Locally, it is almost comical to watch the new people take over with their (so called) great ideas that rankle others. I remember when we lived in WA state, our High school was located across from the capital campus. At lunch time many of us would go and watch our law makers at work. Across the side street was the court house where we could watch legal proceedings if we wanted. It is interesting to see the government at work.

It is good that you keep your finger on the pulse of activity around you. We have someone who is trying to buy up the neighborhood behind us and tear down perfectly good houses so they can put up row townhouses. We are all against it, so keeping an eye on things there.

Maggie Good luck as you begin a new job. That will be a huge challenge. I hope it will also be a fun job for you. Glad you are feeling better yourself. I would love to come and swim with you.

Jill Just love your kitty peeking out under the cover. Hope Steve is doing well being back in school and he keeps on the course for healing after surgery.

Carol Your little smileys are getting quite a work out - they are so cute.

Loretta Watch this space - soon we will be complaining about the heat and not our cold weather and snow. Things change so fast. The power company wants to install a switch on our furnace which will save us $7.00 a month - guess I better get on board for that. It will switch our a/c on and off every 15 minutes or some such thing to prevent power surges, etc and to keep us cool at the same time. We will see. This I need to do before summer heat gets here.

jrw Did you get to see the burrowing owl link? I love watching the wild life stuff.

Jenski You have been a busy and good person watching after your friend with Alzheimer's. Big hugs to you.

Rae Nell Hi to you! Big hugs to you!

Hi to Linda Soon you will be at baseball camp. Big Hugs to you!

Big hugs to everyone!!!

Well, I have a meal to plan - thinking of making gingerbread cake with whipped topping for dessert when granddaughter comes and making Chicken Roger - that will be easy and probably some veggie. It is nice to do something special.

We shopped at Costco yesterday and used a few of our coupons for special items. We sure do save a lot going there. I am stocked up on tissues. LOL Hubby said he needs to go back today - he forgot something. LOL

Hope everyone is feeling better that they were this past week. We gotta get ourselves well. :D :D

Oh - just remembered - this is last day of the month. February went fast but was a busy one. I hope March will be better. :D :D

16. Linda1002

Linda1002 New Member

ROFLMAO......you are so funny Maggie :-*!

Busy at work. Stopping in to say hello to everyone.

17. cdedie

Hi ya'll. i'm going to try to be short today because we are going to try to go to a friends house for dinner. We have just gotten back in touch with her very recently. Were all buddies in college years. Her husband passed away about a year ago from cancer. He was an enrolled agent (not a CPA) and Hubbie ended up with some of his clients. So now he's doing her taxes for her. We saw the obituary and went to his funeral which is how we re-connected. She's dating again now and we are very happy for her. Really great person!

This should be interesting as I've been a bit spinny today, but hated to cancel on her. Although I know she would understand but I'm sick, sick, sick of being home! If I'm up to it when we get home I'll give ya'll a report and respond to my buddies! :-* :-*

Love and hugs til later.