February 2007 - Don't Sweat the Small Stuff

Discussion in 'Your Front Porch' started by dizzjo, Feb 1, 2007.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. dizzjo

dizzjo One day at a time & baby steps!

Thursday 1 February 2007

Criticism, like swearing , is actually nothing more than a bad habit.

These daily thoughts are from Dr. Richard' Carlson's page-a-day calendars designed to help us focus on ways to reduce the stress in our daily lives by giving us a simple message to think about each day.

I hope those who join us here will chat a while, express their own thoughts on the topic or just enjoy the good company...or read and have food for thought for the day.

Good thought to begin a new month. The world would be a better place if we learned to curb our criticism and our swearing. If we spoke kinder words to one another and gave each other the benefit of the doubt - our lives will certainly be less stressful.

Later today our 15 year old granddaughter will visit us for a while after school. She called us last night to let us know she wants to visit. How cool is that? We are already looking forward to that.

Hugs to all those who regularly peek in here and read and say nothing and more hugs to those who stop and have something to say. :D :D

2. Dixie Chick

Dixie Chick New Member

Just checking in here to a new month how time flies when you are having fun you know.
    This is a short month here so hope every one enjoys every min of it.
    Dont waste any time on fretting over the small things. Have fun while you can and do the stuff you have all ways wanted to do. Life is too short to stress over the small things in life.
    Enjoy your friends and family.
    Life is too good to stress over the little things in life.
    I am going to try and live by my words and do just what I have said.
    I am going on the treadmill for 20 min every night after dinner for this month and then trying to go 30 min the next month. Until my knee surgery then I will have to start over again but you know that is ok.
    Hope every one has a great day.
    Hugs to all

3. Peanut Brittle

Peanut Brittle My Twerple Has My Heart

Oh, goodness! It's a whole new month already...

I like the idea of criticism being a bad habit. In that kind of a frame I can try to do something about the critical self-talk I bog myself down with.

Thank you for this thread. I don't peek in often enough, but when I do I always come away with something positive to think about.

xoxoxo,
    Jenski

4. Linda1002

Linda1002 New Member

Stopping in to say hello...........especially to Sami the Sweet since it's a new month...........HI SAMI :) :-*!

5. deercharmer1

deercharmer1 Somewhere in the forest....

Hi, dizzjo, Dixie Chick, Peanut Brittle, and Linda!!!

See? I'm all caught up here! ::)

Have some mild spinnies today (as well as some digestive pyrotechnics this morning :p), and will probably be laying low til Rhumba class tonite. I just pop a meclizine and threaten DH within an inch of his life to not turn me around too fast or too many times. Sometimes I have to stop and get centered again, but the class is fun, it's a nice social outlet, and I just push through the dizzies. Oh, and afterward, we all go over to another couple's house for FOOD....that may be the real reason I don't want to miss it! :D

Had a complete physical last week. Blood work showed that my choleterol is back to normal, thanx to drugs, but my blood sugar is high, and I have osteopenia!!! (the precursor to osteoporosis - grrrrrr) My PCP has ordered Fosamax for me, but after reading all the contraindications, I think I'll pass. Now I just have to get serious about eating right, exercising, and taking in more calcium. Yeah, right.....

Have another audiogram scheduled next week, as well as an appointment with the nutritionist and the podiatrist. (OB-GYN was last week - we reviewed HRT). DANG - I really am getting a complete overhaul!

Hope everyone at the fence is doing well today....HAPPY FEBRUARY!!!!

xoxoxoxo
    deercharmer

6. Linda1002

Linda1002 New Member

Hey there DC - I also have my 6-month audiogram scheduled next week :). When I was dx with ostopenia, my doc prescribed Fosamax - the weekly pill. It helped a lot and I reversed out of ostopenia. But I stopped taking it about a year ago because it's soooooooo expensive, even with insurance because there is no generic version. My doc is not going to be happy when I see her again :-[.......oh well.

7. jrw

jrw New Member

I just recently heard that the drugs for osteoporosis are causing teeth problems, namely the teeth fall out. Ugly.

8. Linda1002

Linda1002 New Member

Thanks for that info, JRW. Now I have something to do battle with my doc :D!

I cannot afford any more teeth problems :eek:!!!

9. deercharmer1

jrw: was it this?

10. cdedie

cdedie Designed by DizzyNBlue

Happy February ya'll![​IMG] They finally got all our outside wire troubles fixed so hopefully I won't get dropped off the net anymore!

First I pm'd Marian to see how she has been doing. She is not doing very well. Frustrated due to her pulsatile tinnitus. I think she is depressed. I told her we missed her and she says hello to all but does not want to be depressing on this de-stressing thread. She is such a dear and I miss her long and interesting posts.

Joyce back to being a hoarder. It really is hard to let some things go even though we don't need them. I saw a Rachael Ray show where she was talking about the rubber bands that come on some veggies and how we can't seem to throw them away. I laughed cause that's me!
    I'm hoping to get to go to Costco again sometime soon.
    What did you think of Obama's book? I am very curious about him.

Wendy I checked on Body Worlds and found out it will be in Dallas until May 28. Hubbie said we could go after Tax season is over so I might get to see it!!!!! I remember when you posted that you went to see it. I will hold him to his promise!
    I have trouble sleeping at night too!

Hubbie just called me outside - it is snowing! (I know for those of you who get lots of snow it's not exciting) Really big flakes. Not sticking much but then the weatherman didn't call for any snow. Don't think much of it will stick.

Jill OMG so sorry your BPPV has returned. I know you have enjoyed your year of freedom. Do you get the Eply for it?
    And poor Steve - mono. I was sooo happy when I got it when I was 15. No one would think that I turned sweet 16 and had never been kissed! It would be great if the doc's could get another MRI before the surgery, but... don't know about that. Good luck whatever is done!

jrw that is so great that you are getting to learn another position - with the violin - LOL! You muct be improving!

Dixie glad you got the treadmill up! 20 min. is just fine. You don't want to overdo and really hurt that knee. Do you use the Thermacare heat wraps for the knee? They are great!

Hi Jenski always good to see you here!

Deercharmer hubbie and I have talked about taking a dance class for about 5 years now. Sure wish I had before the spins hit! But you give me hope dear lady that we will get to do it eventually!
    LOL digestive pyrotechnics! Not laughing at the problem just love the way you put things! :D You make me smile!
    Do not let yourself get osteoporosis! I know Fosamax has a lot of contraindications but if you don't take it, seriously add a lot of calcium to your diet. No yeah, right... DO IT darlin'! We don't want you breaking bones! :-*

Hi Linda been missing you. Thinking of you makes me miss you! ;) Hope all is well at work this week! Only a few months til spring training! ;D

Rae Nell darlin' you, Larry and Dylan have been in my thoughts too. Praying ya'll can find a way to get Larry's medication he needs so bad and that Dylan is adjusting to his medication. Of course I'm praying for you too. How is your turf toe? Did I ask already if that is the toe you jammed a while back? That could have caused it! Hugs darlin'!

Maggie me mate have you adjusted to not having Sophie? LOL I'm so glad the snorkel is working for you!!! I will have to try that when our summer comes around! You look so cute in it ;D. I have no idea how you can get on that bike! :eek: I remember those kind and don't think I could get on it! ::) Missing you too! :'(

A big hi and hugs to our missing Sue, Richard, Loretta (you getting better every day?), Stacey, Tizzy, Di who's away for a few, Sami the sweet, dear AJ who will be back Sun., Titus whom we haven't seen in a long while just like our friend Bergie, and all the rest who come and check it out without posting[​IMG].

Love and Hugs!

OMG we can't have teeth falling out!!!!![​IMG]

11. Dixie Chick

Dixie Chick New Member

No I dont use the thermacare for my knee but have been thinking about getting it to put on my knee maybe while I am on the treadmill. I do have a knee brace that has heat magnets in and it works real well. I should be using that while I am on the treadmill I guess. duh.
    I just forget to put it on. And then hubby yells at me for not doing it.
    I do put heat packs on it after the work out.

12. cdedie

cdedie Designed by DizzyNBlue

Dixie hubbie had knee surgery about 25 years ago. Just re-attached tendons and stuff. anyway every once in a while he will tweek his knee and uses those Thermacare heat Knee wraps. He really likes them cause he can wear it and still move around. The knee brace sounds like it might help too.[​IMG]

13. deercharmer1

Carol - Was it the big purple ones that come on broccoli, or the thin blue ones that come on green onions??? ;D Ooops, busted!

Dance class tonight was fun, but we passed on the party afterwards. We're discussing (as a group) which dance we want to learn next. You and your hubby should try it! I think our classes come out to $5 per lesson, so if I couldn't finish the six week session I wouldn't sweat it. I do take a meclizine if I'm wobbly, and we don't switch partners. The one time we did, I got stuck with this know-it-all neanderthal who flung me around so hard I almost fell. Then he yelled at me for getting the steps wrong. :eek: But it turned out o.k. The teacher made him dance with HER so he could see what an idiot he was. He never came back, and we never switched again. Anyway, you never know until you try, right? :D

14. jabber

jabber New Member

Well, it looks like I'm out here all by my lonesome this morning, and it's dark, and snowing and cold. Never mind though, just 2 more sleeps as Maggie says and I'll have my computer back all to myself. It's back to school Monday for this one here so he has to go home. His mother tried to get him to go home with her tonight when she was here but NOPE, he's staying till Saturday and that's THAT..... She would have taken him to the Day Care with her tomorrow and found him something to do and he asked her if she was crazy..... He's not going near those little rug rats for nothing, well not unless they pay him a lot of money anyway..
    Well,- we're in a complete change here, saw the therapist this week and we've decided that we'd do what the Otolaryngologist suggested and see if we can get the stress level down, and just see what happens. Doug is seeing the therapist with me know because this IS affecting the both of us as you all know, it's just not the victim, it's a family thing.. We'll be taking our life back to where it was 3 years ago when he retired actually back to the year BEFORE he retired. This is going to make you all Lol, but when he retired he decided that we should have our bedroom in the back of the house, now I didn't like the idea because I'd rather have it at the front, just too nosey for my own good BUT- I went along with him. I hated that room right from day 1, there was no way I could adjust but I kept my mouth shut about it. It was eating away at me and did so for three years-- finally I HAD to spit it out.. Therapist is a mean one, Lol makes you say things you'd rather NOT say but I was in a postition where if we moved it back I'd be happy but he wouldn't be and if we stayed where we were he'd be happy but I wouldn't be.. Anyway, of course he had no idea that it was bothering me THAT much, well how could he I never said anything. It's taken 2 days but the rooms are now changed around and we are back in the front. It'll take another day or two to get the closets and everything done but at least we've gotten a start.
    On Monday I've got to start back to the routine I was in before he retired which gave me my afternoons completely free and if there's anything he can do as far as the housework goes I'm to let him do it and not feel guilty that he's doing the housework.
    AND we go back to see the therapist again in two weeks to report on how it's working out. Is STRESS and anxiety causing Meniere's to flare up or is Meniere's causing the stress and anxiety ??? I honestly don't think anyone can answer that question because it's 6 of 1 and half a dozen of the other. BUT,- yes I was in remission till he retired, however there were other things going on here too at the same time that were causing me a lot of stress, the other things have all been removed and there's just this one issue left of where I've gotten so far behind with everything that I'm just over-whelmed so-- Well,-- time will tell I guess.
    The pneumonia is getting a lot better, still feel really whacked out and still hacking and coughing up a storm.
    Deercharmer & Carol what about the red ones that come on the lettuce ?? Yep, guilty as well...
    Rhumba lessons ??? You know it sounds like fun but I just don't know about this old body holding up to something like that. Not this week anyway, it's had it's workout for the week. I'm glad you're enjoying it though and having a fun time.
    DC your post is pretty much what was discussed at the meeting with the therapist and I'm glad you're doing ok with that treadmill too.
    Jill & Rae Nell you're both in my thoughts and prayers, you're both going through some rough times with family illnesses and problems, just hope everything works out for you all soon
    I'm so sorry to hear Marian is still have a rough time, I miss her posts too, and I hope she's doing better soon. If you're still reading Marian, I hope we'll be reading those interesting posts again soon.. We all miss you.
    A big hi to jrw,Jenski,Linda & Maggie-- Maggie what on earth are you up to way down there "douwn-under".
    Sami, AJ,& Kim how are you all doing and I know there must be someone I've missed but good grief look at the time, the brain's ready for sleep.
    See you all again soon and I hope you all have a heck of a GOOD DAY.
    Loretta

15. Goomeri Spinner

Goomeri Spinner New Member

G'daaaaaaaaaaaay stressbusters and welcome to February :) :-*

I see that as usual Joyce's fence has been busy with 12 posts already :D :D Such a great place to be though, I can see why it's so popular ;D Once again dear Joyce :-* thank you for keeping this thread going as it is such a wonderful place to come and there is no criticism in here, just kind words :) :) :) so therefore no stress :) :) I hope your granddaughters visit went well and I too have a draw full of elastic bands left over from the veges, but I do recycle them :D to close off packets and thingys so they don't go stale :D Other than that, yes, I am a hoarder, I admit it ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D but do (rarely ;D) have a day and chuck a lot of rubbish out that I haven't used or needed in years ::) :D
    Breaks my heart ;D ;D ;D

Can someone tell me when I will feel better from all the exercise I am doing ??? ??? ??? Been at it for 5 weeks now, but I still feel exhausted all the time and it sure ain't helping the walking :( :( :( :(
    I still have that very drunk stagger type of walk :eek: ;D and I still find it hard to stay upright...whenever I did this type of consistent exercise before I used to feel invigorated and healthy by about the 3rd week, but not this time :( :( :( It's soooooooooooooooo hard and I'm being a whimp :eek: ;D but I just want to feel less knackered.

Been to the dentist again today and the hygenist is happy with my teeth, feels they will be OK for quite a while yet :) so I am happy bout that ;D but the car ride has done me in, been dizzy since about 5 minutes into it and have had 2 really bad mini drop attacks since getting home and I want some wine ::) but can't for the life of me see me making it down to the pub ::) so I guess I will be sober tonight ::) ;D ;D ;D Oh well them's the breaks and ya just gotta go with the flow ;D

Carol Mate :-* I see you are already trying to be the longest poster ;D ;D :D :D but I'm sure I'll give ya a run for your money ;D and when AJ gets back she will too ;D ;D ;D The snorkel and goggles have been absolutely great...I'm not as dizzy after swimming with them and have been able to go further cause I can now breathe as I swim ::) :D The bike....well....that is going to take a fair bit of getting used to ::) Although the handle moves you actually remain in the one position, but the movement makes me off :mad: so I have been trying to peddle without using the handle, only trouble being I can't balance on the seat unless I hang onto something :eek: :D The seat is very stable and its a smooth pedal movement, but I keep trying to fall off.....LOL....I have it at the end of my bed so I can hold onto the footboard of the bed ::) Hopefully I will have it worked out by the time the pool closes for winter :D :D
    Need a hit of that Texan accent soon darlin, we will have to plan it :D :-*

AJ darlin, can't wait till ya get back :-*

DC darlin....just the thought of all that swinging around makes me feel sick ::) so I have no idea how you manage those dances, and oh la la the Rhumba, swing those hips girl :D ;D but they sure sound like fun ;D So....you keep elastic bands too ;D ;D ;D and I was ROFLMAO with the description of "digestive pyrotechnics" Watch that cakcium intake woman :-* no broken bones or humps on the back please :'( You really are getting the once over with all the tests and thingys you are having...hope the results are all great news :-*

Dixie darlin :-* Sounds like the treadmill is going to be well used :) You go girl ;D but like Carol said, be careful with that knee, don't want to do it any injury before you get it fixed....I was thinking too :eek: :eek: that maybe you should be applying heat before and during the exercise (to loosen things up) but cold packs after it to reduce the liklihood of any swelling....not sure on that one, anyone else got an idea about it ??? ??? ??? ???

Linda dear sis :-* Have missed chatting to you :'( but I know that the gums weren't as bad this time round and I hope they are not giving you any trouble now and I sure am glad that your osteopenia has improved...are you making sure that your calium intake is really good ??? ::) You know the osteopenia can return ??? Guess what ??? Spring is just around the corner ;D ;D ;D ;D

Wendy....How's your daughter doing? Coping OK with the antibugs for her Lyme Disease I hope. Keep well lady and don't push yourself too hard :-* btw what is Body World, never heard of it :D

Marian darlin :-* I am soooooo sorry I haven't e-mailed you as yet and that you are still feeling crook and down about it all :'( :'( Please start posting, ya know we don't care ifs it's all bad news, it should make you feel better to get it off you chest :( :-\ and that's what the thread is all about...we all come here and gripe about how lousy we feel, especially me ::) :D I really miss ya darlin :-* :-*

Jill....NO NO NO spinning ya hear me ::) :D Sorry bout the beasties getting to you :'( Just tell those damn crystals to get back in place. Hope Steve is OK...I musy have missed it, but has the mono been confirmed? will it delay his op?
    Hope all goes well :-*

jrw...another position to do it ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :D :D :D Sorry, I'm bad :D :D

Raenell darlin :-* You tell your family to just get better and to do it NOW :D I am sooooo sorry you are having it tough at the moment but things have to improve for a darlin lady like yourself....maybe you, Carol and I can talk together on Skype ;D That way I can get a double Texan acccent hit....do you know if one can do that? Maybe Bergs knows, cause she is computer savvy or Di would too :) Wouldn't it be great to have a three way conversation ;D ;D Is the toe getting better ???

Jenski sweetheart :-* it is great to see you in here, pull up a pew at the fence and visit with us more often :-* How is that gorgeous puppy of yours ;D Bet she is hogging the fire all the time ;D and have ya got a new washer yet ;D ;D ;D ;D

Sami, SAMI, SAMI the sweet, where are ya, I miss you :-* :-* :-* Hope all is well with you and yours darlin :-*

Di darlin :-* Did you eventually get on the road with all that bad weather ??? Hope you are having a great weekend :-*

Sue, Richard, Tizzy, Bergie, Stacey and Loretta :-* :-* :-* I will have to start sending out the search parties if ya all don't check in soon...can't help myself, its the mother hen (read nurse ;D) in me ;D ;D ;D and I miss my friends :-*

OK I have probably missed someone so am just going to apologise now ::) ;D :D

You all have a great spin free weekend....my orders ::) :D ;D ;D ;D

Love Maggie

ps Loretta beat me to the post, so that is one less to worry bout ::) ;D

16. Linda1002

Linda1002 New Member

Before I hit the hay, hello to my dear Sis Maggie :-*!

Loretta - Isn't it strange the things that can stress us like rooms in a house.......but I'm the same way.....have to have things so I'm comfortable. I hope things improve for you!

Nite all...............

17. jill

jill New Member

Morning ya'll,

Ok so I'm not from the south or Texas, but I just love saying ya'll! It just sounds so friendly and warm!! LOL

February looks busy already here!

Well this bppv crap really stinks and sometimes if I think about it it REALLY gets me depressed, but i seam to bounce out of it quickly now, much better than before. I'm not letting it prevent me from anything except for sleeping with my usual 1 pillow. I love my sleep and it's uncomfortable with several pillows, but this to shall pass.

The update on Steve-o is this. No mono. YEAH!! He had his pre op test visit yesterday. They will go ahead with the surgery as long as he doesn't develop a cough and chest congestion. I hear him in there now clearing his throat, it's still bothering him, but he told the nurse yesterday he feels like it's getting better. He's been drinking fluids like never before! to funny.

Today we are all going to meet with a college golf coach in New Hampshire. Hubby took the day off and Steve is out of school for the day...what else is new! Hubby will get a tour of the campus seeing he's never been there the times Steve and I went up. I still have my doubts about this school being right for Steve. It's just not a good fit in my eyes and all he's looking at is the golf part of it, not the academics which is what college is about right? URGH!!!!

Well still no snow in sight for us just bitter cold next week.

TGIF all!!! Have a good one.

18. jrw

jrw New Member

Well most of you sound pretty chipper the last couple of days. Certainly glad we're out of the doldrums. Those rubber bands for broccoli and such are really tight. I keep a few on hand. Read long ago about some gal who didn't throw hardly anything away, she cut them in half lengthwise and reused them. With the reduced width they stretch more. I tried it and it works. Now if we can just reuse all the plastic bags, strawberry plastic cases, etc.! I do wash out all the yogurt containers, mushroom baskets, and cottage cheese cartons and give them to the art teacher at the local school. She uses them to hold paint and all the itsy bitsy stuff they use in class. She always thanks me profusely because it saves them money from buying paint containers and such. I drop off a big batch at the beginning of the school year and after Christmas. I always like to reuse stuff if I can - just hate to see it all go in the trash. Even have my own cloth bags to use at the bulk food store, the library, and for running errands. And I get a nickel back for every paper bag I reuse at the grocery store. Nature lady, here.

A friend and I are driving to an Amish store about 20 miles from here. She's looking for wool pants to use for a dog sledding class she's taking in a week in northern Minnesota (yes, I have nature loving friends, too. :) ). Anyway we'll do some birding on the trip. Will be wearing longjohns 'cause it's -4°F with -25° windchill. brrrrrrr

Linda, that article that dc posted (thanks dc!) seems similar to the one I read. Did you know they found that Nexium also causes difficulty in calcium absorbtion. So people who are on in over a year for acid reflux are finding calcium depletion. Not fun at all.

Am going to do my best to keep warm today. Then go to the used book sale at the library. That's always fun. <hugs> to everybody.

19. Dixie Chick

Dixie Chick New Member

Well just checking in here. I am still going and the knees are sore. I wish I had two of thoes knee things. I think I will go out this weekend and get some of thoes thermailcare things that every one is talking about. I can put them on and then go on my treadmill and all that good stuff.
    I think I might try and see if I can do the 20 min this after noon while my little ones are taking there naps. Instead of playing on the computer. I think that will be better for me than sitting in front of this thing. LOL
    I am not going to over due it. Like hubby said do it once a day for a while and then if I want to do it twice a day then that would be good but start out slow he dosent want me to hurt my knees worse than they are before the surgery.
    Well did you all see that the goundhog didnt see his shadow and we wont have 6 more weeks of winter. But you know spring wont come until the calander says it does. LOL
    Well hope every one is having a geat day so far.
    And hope every one has a wonderful weekend. We are going to visit my mom and dad this weekend and My daughters mother -in -law she had knee replacment surgery on Tuesday so we are going to the hospital to visit her this weekend if she is still there if not we will just visit her at her house.
    Have a wonderful weekend Oh I all ready said that. Duh!!!!!

Hugs to all

20. dizzjo

dizzjo One day at a time & baby steps!

Friday 2 February 2007

Notice how often you criticize, and turn your criticism into tolerance and respect.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wow - you people have been busy - we are already on page two and it is barely the second of the month. :eek: :eek: I'll have to open another window to read it all.

It was fun having our granddaughter with us. I fixed one of her favorite meals - ravioli, carrots, cottage cheese and French bread and lemon chiffon pie. The ravioli part is the part she likes best, but she liked all I cooked so was happily fed and such a good conversationalist as well. She asked me if what was happening all over the US bothered us at all - about the big freeze in California and the oranges being lost and how the price will probably go up to get it. Then she talked about recycling and finally why people are born with birth defects and how people need to be nicer to others who are born with problems they can't help. It is so good to see one at an early age being so interested in what is going on around her and her good thinking. She is the one who initiated most of the things discussed. She wanted to know what we thought. I thought it was quite nice having an adult conversation with a 15 year old who is ready to go into HS next year.

Needless to say we had a nice visit. She is good company.

I had a call last night that they need me to come in today to help cut more cloth. I really don't have the time today. They usually don't work on Friday so did not plan to go. I already cut as much in one 4 hour period as others cut all week long. They would like me every day, but I am not that committed and it would be too much like working.

I have to admit that I also save the rubber bands off the veggies (asparagus). They make good grips on jars that are hard to open. I also have the ones from the newspapers. :eek: :eek: I do toss quite a few out. I think this all goes back to the depression and war years when our parents saved everything just in case they ever needed it. They did it and now we do it.

Growing up, I didn't have much at all. A couple changes of clothing, one good dress and in summer no shoes. We would all get new school shoes that would have to last the year. Usually we outgrew them before school was out. We darned holey socks and made do with what we had. Times have changed. If I hoard anything it is books. I was always thirsty for a good book, and other things to read most of my life. My favorite place at school was the library and I was a library assistant in HS. I always wanted my own library or book store. I had a grandpa who was like that. He had one room full of just books, neatly shelved and cataloged. I think I must get it from him.

````````````````````````````````````````
    Dixie I think you are going to have fun on the treadmill. I have gained some weight. Need to get my priorities straight about what to eat and quit eating the bad stuff that tastes so good.

Jenski good to see you here. Like you - most of my criticism is directed at myself.

Linda Hi to you!

deercharmer Hope your dizzy spell is over. I still have days when I take extra precaution. ??? I seldom mention the dizzies any more. They don't progress past the imbalance and feeling of nausea and that works well enough that I can prevent things. Dancing - I am impressed. I wish I could get hubby to do that. I love to dance. that is great aerobic exercise too and fun at the same time. What fun!!
    I turned down the Fosamax too. I didn't like the side effects and had a friend on it and her hair was falling out in clumps. I figure something is going to take me out that won't be prevented so leave myself in the hands of a higher being. It upsets me - they claim that HRT is better for you than not and other claims make an opposite claim. It is hard to know what is good and what is bad for you. I eat the right foods. but maybe too many of the bad things too. I think if something is going to kill me, I would rather it just happen rather than it be something I am taking to prevent something else. Too confusing. Drugs to help one thing, make another thing worse. I am already on enough meds. I think I will just try to enjoy life till I die.

Carol I keep intending to write a note to Marian - this should spur me on. I neglect so many of my friends that I correspond with. It is hard to be positive when you are down in the dumps.
    Obama's book is well written. He divides it into different segments, so that one thought isn't over taking another. He seems so well put together and a true patriot. He is well educated and very interested in every ones opportunity to live the "American dream". He has lived in and has visited other countries and so appreciates living in the US. He seems to be such a good man with good ideas. He is not critical of others and able to see both sides but also sees how all being human, we all make mistakes and are second guessed if we are not clear about a position. I read the first book he wrote before reading the Audacity of Hope. The title grabbed my interest. I think HOPE is what we all are looking for. All great things begin with hope. I felt good about him after finishing both books.

Glad you are getting your snow. LOL There is a saying in these parts - the big fluffy flakes are not the ones that stick around and last long, You know you are in for a real hard packed snowfall when the flakes are small and many. We still have very old snow in the shady areas of the yard. No new snow fall in a long time.

Loretta Funny how a simple thing like where your bedroom is can change how you feel. I know that ever since we moved into this house 26 years ago, I didn't like certain things about it. Working helped me avoid having to pay much attention to it. When I retired and disability, i had to face every day all the time the things I didn't like and one thing at a time, we have made a few changes. It started with the front door.
    Are you feeling better now that your bedroom is back where you want it? How about how your hubby feels - is it okay with him too??

You asked about anxiety driving the MM attack or vice versa- For me - I was never a panicked person. I never was anxious over meeting new people, teaching a class or giving training or anything like that. When MM came along, it stripped me of a security that I took for granted. The thought of an impending attack in public would cause panic and great anxiety. As the years distance themselves from the frequent attacks, I am less anxious. I have to admit that my first meeting with total strangers who also have this - caused me some anxiety but it was short lived when I met them all. You are right about this disease affecting the whole family.
    Well two more sleeps and you will be missing your grandson. ;) I am just glad I am not the one raising them. LOL

Maggie Wish I could join you in that pool. I am afraid I would displace all the water with one plunge. :eek: I haven't gone swimming for several years. I would love that. I don't feel better or worse after any exercise these days. Everything just seems to hurt all the time. We have a gym just a mile from here that I am thinking about joining. It includes a pool and hot tub and all the equipment. If I go at this again, I won't try to lift, pull or push so much weight - I think that hurt me more than anything.

Jill Sorry about the BPPV thing. I thought they had maneuvers to do to help clear that up so that it lasts longer. I get rattled with movement up and down and back and forth, but it is the vestibular system getting mixed up and messing up the balance - there is no BPPV. It seems like an awfully lot of people here have BPPV that sticks around too long.

I can understand your concern about your son's choice of colleges - if all his focus is on golf. He would probably like to be a golfer on the pro circuit, but needs to plan for something else if that isn't in the cards for him.

Much of the time, what we are doing now, while planning for the future, is what we will be doing when the future comes. I knew a man who took a job with the fire department while going through school to learn to be an accountant. He is still a firefighter with a degree in accounting. He has worked his way into fire Marshall with more pay and responsibility and no doubt, he will stay a fire fighter all his life.

Okay - this is terribly lengthy - sorry about that. (gulp) ::) ??? It is only the second of the month and we are hopping here. Have a great day. hi to all those absent for a while. We'll catch you later.
    Wendy Keep us posted on how your daughter is doing.

jrw Hope things are well there. That is great saving the yogurt tubs for the art paints, etc. I wash all the cans, and plastics I recycle so that they are clean. I know that sounds nutty. I run them through the dishwasher - take off the labels, etc. One reason I do it is to keep the ants away and another is because I feel they should be clean before I set them out.
    I have a friend who is always looking for plastic cups with handles to put paint in for painting houses. Probably the yogurt cups won't work for that. I need to find a place to take them that can use them. We find that most of our trash can be recycled. We only need to set the trash out every other weeks till summer, when a lot of gardening trash goes to the curb - and even that should be composted.
    Happy birding!! :D

gotta run - I been at this over an hour . Hugs to you all. Stay warm and dry and safe. :D :D