Favorite Scripture?

Discussion in 'Your Religion & Spiritual Corner' started by Titus, Jan 8, 2008.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. RINGADINGDING

RINGADINGDING New Member

Yes Titus it does. All great verses and thoughts. Here is the one that gets me the most excted Behold, I am coming soon. Revelation 22:7

2. Titus

Titus New Member

AMEN!

3. Linda1002

Linda1002 New Member

"Jesus wept" is also one of my favorites. I love the way so much is conveyed with only two words.

John 14:2 - In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

Ecclesiastes 3:1-8
    To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:

A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;

A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;

A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;

A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;

A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;

A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;

A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace

4. tm53

tm53 New Member

One of my favorites too Linda. Also a pretty good song in the 60's by the Birds I think... Turn turn?

Here's one of my favorites though I can't say I always like it, sometimes it's a bit convicting :)

Matthew 7:1-5

1 Do not judge, or you too will be judged.
    2 For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.
    3 Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?
    4 How can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' when all the time there is a plank in your own eye?
    5 You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye.

5. Linda1002

Linda1002 New Member

Yes, and I've always liked that song!

6. firstlove

firstlove New Member

Even so, come quickly Lord Jesus

7. naturelady

naturelady New Member

Titus, that is one of my faves also!

Ringadingding, AMEN!!! I love biblical Prophecy!

8. Aladdin

Aladdin Guest

Be strong and courageous. Don't tremble! Don't be afraid of them! The LORD your God is the one who is going with you. He won't abandon you or leave you."

Deuteronomy 31:6

9. Aladdin

Aladdin Guest

Peace...be still.

10. Titus

Titus New Member

I think this is one of the most powerful verses we can stand on as Christians:

These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world. John 16:33

11. RINGADINGDING

RINGADINGDING New Member

I am a big student of Escatology. It is so exciting. We are the last generation and in the last days. And what is so amazing is watching prophecy unfold everyday. We are soon out of here! Yippie!!!

12. firstlove

firstlove New Member

MARANATHA

13. DBE

DBE New Member

John 14:2 - In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

Linda,
    This is my second favorite.
    I could not decide between "Jesus Wept" or the one you chose.

It gives me such comfort to know that God is waiting for me with open arms and until then he has purpose and plans for me until that time. I find my future exciting. I cannot tell you how many times my mm has provided an avenue for testimony and teaching. It is amazing to me.

14. RINGADINGDING

RINGADINGDING New Member

Good one DBE. And yes firstlove--MARANATHA!!!

15. tm53

tm53 New Member

1 God is our refuge and strength,
    an ever-present help in trouble.
    2 Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way
    and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea,

3 though its waters roar and foam
    and the mountains quake with their surging.
    Selah

4 There is a river whose streams make glad the city of God,
    the holy place where the Most High dwells.

5 God is within her, she will not fall;
    God will help her at break of day.

6 Nations are in uproar, kingdoms fall;
    he lifts his voice, the earth melts.

7 The LORD Almighty is with us;
    the God of Jacob is our fortress.
    Selah

8 Come and see the works of the LORD,
    the desolations he has brought on the earth.

9 He makes wars cease to the ends of the earth;
    he breaks the bow and shatters the spear,
    he burns the shields with fire.

10 "Be still, and know that I am God;
    I will be exalted among the nations,
    I will be exalted in the earth."

11 The LORD Almighty is with us;
    the God of Jacob is our fortress.
    Selah

16. tess

tess New Member

gosh...can there be a favorite? Was it Kim that said :)? How true to scripture that each day's challenge can be consoled by biblical passages. They are truly living words and God breathed.

I love so many already posted....and so many still to chose. This thread will be endless.

.......But this one has stayed close to my heart for almost a year now. My niece chose it for her funeral and it has almost been prophetic. In that time she spent making that transition from this world into the next, she must have known how much our family would need these words as we've struggled with her absence from our daily lives. God touched her profoundly in those translucent months. I wish I could explain more......but those in my family truly understand how powerful these words are playing out right now. Thanks be to God for unveiling a gift from her passing.

Ephesians 4:32 - 5:2

"Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as Christ God forgave you. Be imitators of God, therefore, as dearly loved children, and live a life of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God."

17. Titus

Titus New Member

Dear Suzanne......what comfort your neice's scripture must give to you all. And what joy on the day you will meet her!

Oh death, where is thy sting? O grave where is thy victory? 1 Corinthians 15:55

He will swallow up death in victory; and the Lord God will wipe away tears from off all faces. Isaiah 25:8

18. Alfie

Alfie New Member

Isaiah 54:13

And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children.

I know this to be true!!! A parent's testimony of the Lord Jesus Christ is priceless in the home and in the lives of children.

19. RINGADINGDING

RINGADINGDING New Member

Just beautiful!

Well here's another one:

Psalm 91 (NIV)
    9 If you make the Most High your dwelling—
    even the LORD, who is my refuge-

10 then no harm will befall you,
    no disaster will come near your tent.

Here is what is so interesting about the use of the word "tent." Paul uses this word to describe our earthly bodies:

For we know that if the earthly tent we live in is destroyed, we have a building from God, an eternal house in heaven, not built by human hands. (2 Corinthians 5:1 NIV)

He goes on to state: For while we are in this tent, we groan and are burdened, because we do not wish to be unclothed but to be clothed with our heavenly dwelling, so that what is mortal may be swallowed up by life. (2 Corinthians 5:4 NIV)

Peter tells us: I think it is right to refresh your memory as long as I live in the tent of this body because I know that I will soon put it aside, as our Lord Jesus Christ has made clear to me.(2 Peter 1:13,14 NIV)

And then in Revelation 7:15 Jesus reveals: Therefore, "they are before the throne of God and serve him day and night in his temple; and he who sits on the throne will spread his tent over them." This is where He speaks of those who end up receiving the Lord during the Great Tribulation and will find themselves clothed in Christ as other believers are who were raptured when they finally stand before the Lord.

All in all what is so incredible is that there is so much encouragement that we will receive new bodies, that if we believe we are clothed in Christ and covered so we are acceptable in the site of the Lord and that we will leave behind all our sin, illness, sorrows and limitations! Can you just see it? I can't wait to see what it will be like to be finally in my glorified body.

20. Titus

Titus New Member

Oh how I sometimes think about my new body....free from pain.....free from suffering. The joy of the thought of no tears in heaven is sometimes almost more than my mind can take! I have no idea what to expect but I am sure it will exceed my greatest expectations and anything the human mind can conceive.

But God will redeem my soul from the power of the grave; for he shall receive me. Psalm 49:15