FATIGUE - Why am I so tired??

Discussion in 'Meniere's Disease "Database"' started by dizzjo, Oct 4, 2006.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. hollymm

hollymm Me, 'in' a tree.

I used to think the only people who were bed ridden by this disease were those who suffered from true vertigo attacks. Now I know different. There are times when exhaustion takes me over and I sleep a lot for a number of days. I never used to connect it with AIED/Meniere's. Now I know that, just as the original post said, fatigue is a part of this disease. It's difficult to run away from.

Just knowing I'm not alone in this is a great comfort to me. I just went through a sleeping spell and am not sure it's over yet. I'm starting to feel very tired and have only been up for six hours. But, that's better than it's been for the last few days so I may be coming out of it. I'm being positve and it's what I should be. If it's naps I need, it's naps I'll take... right before I go to bed of course ;)

2. amberini

amberini New Member

Listen to your body Holly. Sleep when you need to and don't worry about how much you need. Your body does a lot of healing while sleeping, so if you need sleep, you are healing.

Keep well hydrated and treat all your food as potential medicine, in other words, eat really good stuff.

It is possible to get past the healing crisis and live an almost normal life.

3. hollymm

hollymm Me, 'in' a tree.

Thank-you. This is the first message I read when I woke up this morning and it was also the first smile.

4. amberini

amberini New Member

Starting a Sunday with a smile is a wonderful way to start the week! Yay, small happy dance!

5. hollymm

hollymm Me, 'in' a tree.

The 'database' forum hasn't gotten much play lately...

Anyway, I think I've worked through the tired part. I had my first guest in a couple of weeks last night. It was really nice to sit and talk and laugh with a human being - you know what I mean. The tinnitus is horrible but at least I'm not so fatigued right now. Hope it lasts for a while. I like it like that - hey! that's in a song isn't it?

6. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

Bump!

7. AnneT

AnneT New Member

My fatigue could be from Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (had a mono-like illness in my teens - classic start to CFS), depression (usually the last symptom that lingers on), Menieres/MAV, mild sleep apnea and wakeful brain waves during deep sleep, too much work in my 20s and 30s (residency for Family Medicine, 2 kids with special needs), on-going anxiety issues, and possible untreated ADD!!

It's kind of helpful to me to see all that, and say, "ok, no wonder. Don't beat yourself up. You are not lazy." I manage by only booking work 4 mornings a week (and am grateful we are in a financial situation that allows me that) so I can rest/meditate/nap every afternoon.

8. dizzyggrl

dizzyggrl New Member

I started in with the dizziness again during the day at work yesterday, and left work early. Could hardly stay awake on the way home, then took an hour and a half nap before dinner, then went to bed normal time after dinner and slept sound through the night. Could barely get up this morning and got to work a couple of hours late. Still out of it and groggy.

Thanks to these forums I see that it's to be expected when the brain is trying to hard to figure out what's up and down and moving or not. I can't believe I'm so tired!