Family members have rejected me

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by sparrow, Nov 17, 2006.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. cowcollector

cowcollector Don't hug a tree, hug a cow!!

thanks for the update, so sad to hear it hasnt turned out so well.
    amongst all of this know that you have got a family here and we
    all care :)

2. sparrow

sparrow Guest

Some good news. I got information in the mail today regarding available housing in my county. It seems when life appears the darkest to me a light shines thru.............. Three years ago, after I lost my job, I put myself on my county waiting list just as a safety net and forgot about it. I called today and found that I have 223 people ahead of me to go into a senior living facility that has no minimun income :D and they do not check credit reports either :D I just have to find a way to make it until an opening occurs. Due to my disability I am now on the "priority wait list", and I can be zoomed near the top. I can take my furniture and personal possessions with me and don't have to leave them by the side of the road :D But my cats are another issue, I may not be able to take my beloved pets :'( I called and spoke with my vet about this, this morning and she said she would work with me on what to do in the event my number comes up in a place that prohibits pets.

I have to say that this has been a really really scary experience for me.

Also checked with my neurotologist and he does not accept medicade nor medicare. I probably will have to go to a public health facility- free clinic when the time comes.

At least I can count on having a roof over my head and for that I am thankful for !!!!

The last 48 hours have been pretty tough on me, MM has taken me down again, I am sure due to the hugh stressors I have been dealing with.

THANK YOU FOR LETTING ME VENT HERE !!! (((group hugs)))

Sparrow who is now seeing the light in the darkness :D :D

3. burd

burd New Member

Sparrow, I wish I knew what to say, my heart hurts for you. I am in outrage over the treatment by your family, unbelievable outrage. But I am relieved to hear that you have some new options, some hope, and the ability to hang on to the belief that things can turn around.
    I hope that you have someone to lean on besides this forum, which will always care for you. Big hug to you!

4. sparrow

sparrow Guest

HI Burd ~ No I am alone, out there slugging away by myself. But I do have my cats and that is a big one for me :D :D I am a three year survivor of domestic violence and sought refuge in a womens dv shelter for 3 months until it was safe enough to venture back out in the world again. Adjusting to life after that has been tough and one thing I haven't been able to do is find new friends. My experience in a dv women's shelter was very valuable to survival tools for living outside of their supportive environment.

Maybe someday.

Sparrow

5. charisse

charisse Been hanging here for 8 years

sparrow,

I am glad to see you have an option in the housing. You have been through so much in the short time I've met you. I keep you in my prayers, I know it will get better for you sweetie.

6. Ceeka

Ceeka New Member

I don't know where you are, but I checked with the local Section 8 (housing for senior or the disabled on low income) and asked about pets. Pets are accepted in Texas, but there is a $300.00 required deposit. However, they do allow the residents to pay it out over time. I hope this applies to your state as well.

7. oaktree8

oaktree8 New Member

Sparrow

So glad to hear you've found a housing option, what a relief! And I'm so sorry to hear that your family continues to behave so unsisterly towards you--
    hugs and best wishes

8. rev

rev New Member

Sparrow,
    Still keeping you in my prayers! Always here for you when you need us!

9. jabber

jabber New Member

I am so sorry to hear about the court battles going so wrong Sparrow, every one of us has been praying like crazy for you and I just know that things WILL turn around for you and that you'll be getting even more good news soon. Hate the thoughts that you might have to give up your furry family but the thoughts of having an option of a place to go is great news. Keep posting and keeping us informed and you know you will always have the support of THIS family. We won't let you down, you can bank on that. (((((( HUGS )))))) Loretta