Family members have rejected me

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by sparrow, Nov 17, 2006.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. sparrow

sparrow Guest

Well, I kinda knew this was going to happen and it did :'( Not sure if I shared any of this with you....... my apologies if I have already done so. Feeling kinda down tonight and wanted to share this with you. My remaining sisters have decided not to be part of my longterm care and within 2 years I will become homeless and they know this. I am seeing a lawyer a week from Monday to redo my Will. Giving myself time to sort this thru before making the changes in my Will. It's been awhile coming, a long while coming. Due to my clinical depression since childhood, my middle sister has taunted me because she was afraid I would be a burden to the family. Now that I have MM & MAV/immune disorders, etc. they are walking away from me, closing the door and that's it.

I had asked if I could build an addition to my mothers former home that my sister now lives in and she rejected my request. This was the only way that I could prevent homelessness. She tricked me by being nice to me and after I signed over the deed to her, she informed that my invitation to Thanksgiving and Christmas was recinded and that was when I found out her truest intent.

Well, what's spending these holidays alone, I have been there and done that for many years. It's just that I thought that I could be included for awhile at least, but they are cutting the ties asap.

I am considering a DNR as a part of my Will. I did alot of research about this and with my declining health I have decided to present this option to my attorney when I see him. Since there will be no one to help me in any long term care situation, I didn't want to be living in a homeless shelter in the event this should happen to me. In the county I live in, homelessness is pretty high and very little resources are available. Last week I visited several homeless shelters and sat in their soup kitchen to experience this and I came away pretty darn depressed.

Has anyone here updated their Will or even have a Will ??

Sparrow

2. tucker

tucker The Meniere's DVD Guy!

hugs, i don't believe this! I do but omg just what you need,,, @@@#@@#%%$*

Hugs again, doing our will update and house title next month.

I still ...I am pissed.....your family...grrrrrrrr.

shouldn't happen......

damn where is that MM home for us.....Sherry!!!!!

not fair, tons of hugs
    Danny

3. charisse

charisse Been hanging here for 8 years

sparrow,

I to have no words for what your family is doing :mad: I have lost friends, but not family. I am so :mad: that you have to go through this. My prayers are with you sparrow :-*

4. Stacey3048

Stacey3048 New Member

{{{{{ SPARROW }}}}}

I am so so sorry to hear of your families latest cold-hearted ways. I can't imagine family acting like that...I am at a loss for words! GGGGGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

This is one family that will NEVER shut the door on you! I wish I could give you a hug in person! Please hang in there, dear Sparrow! Many hugs coming your way!!! :-*

Love,
    Stacey
    xxxxxxxxxxxxx

5. gardenfish

gardenfish New Member

Sparrow, whre do you live? THere are folks here from all over the place. Surely a jolly Thanksgiving can somehow be arranged. I am in Oregon. If you are within a day's drive I will come and get you Please continue to post and we will continue to support you as best we can. You know that, right? Come on folks. Let us get something going here.
    Paul

6. cheese

cheese New Member

Holy shit sparrow that is awful. What a biatch your sis sounds like, if you don't mind me saying

You have to fight hard to get some health back to overcome this. Join a gym, walk everyday, eat right, build up strength, and then the fight may not become so overwhelmingly difficult. Use the situation as a positive to fight harder against your illness.

7. deercharmer1

deercharmer1 Somewhere in the forest....

Sparrow - in answer to your question, yes, I have a will, and a DNR order. Soon DH and I will go see the attorney to create a living trust.

I know that you must be feeling devastated right now, and I just wanted to send my biggest (((((HUGS))))) your way.

We can't choose our families, so that is why I say that our friends are the family we choose for ourselves.

You keep mentioning homelessness within the next two years. If that is truly a possibility, then you have plenty of time to make some good alternative plans for yourself. If you trust your attorney, I would ask for his (or her) advice on this, whether it is getting into some sort of subsidized assisted living facility now, or later when your income has reduced substantially. It may even include moving to an area that has more services and resources for persons with disabilities or low income.

I would especially ask the attorney about the dealings you have had with regard to your sister and transfer of property. Something doesn't sound right there.

I'm so sorry that your relatives have bailed on you, especially since you are feeling so vulnerable right now. But some folks seem to have been born without hearts or feelings, and they make life miserable for those around them. And truthfully, I wouldn't WANT to spend any time with them, relatives or not!

If you lived closer, I would come get you and you could spend Thanksgiving with us! Since that won't work, how about asking friends to share the day? Maybe people from your church who also find themselves without families? Or folks who are far from home that would love to share a meal and some conversation with others?

Just know that you are in my prayers.....

xoxoxoxo

deercharmer

8. 2DAMNDIZZY

2DAMNDIZZY New Member

Sparrow,
    Where do you live? I feel so bad for you. I cant imagine my family doing that to me. Hang in there. And remember, we are your family too!!!!! :) And we would never abandon you!!!!

{{{hugs}}}
    Maggie

9. blessed

blessed New Member

My heart aches for you and my prayers are going up for you right now. I'm with GF on this one. I haven't been around here long but would be delighted to have you for Thanksgiving. I have no idea where you live but would gladly drive a day to come get you.

As far as your sisters go, good riddance and what comes around goes around. They may get away with this now, but it will haunt them in the end.

God Bless You and remember...His eye is on the Sparrow :)

Trina

10. dizibizi

dizibizi New Member

ahh sparrow its so sad ..a reality we have to face sometimes, hard to bear..my husbands family have all bailed on me and told him that i really don't have anything wrong with me..thank god he knows the difference and chooses to love me just the way i am..it is them that lose out on our loving and caring and generous ways..please someone near sparrow take her in and have a wonderful holiday it's just what she needs with her new family from here..my heart goes out to you and although we in canada have already had thanksgiving I will think of you on Thursday!..many hugs
    I most always feel like you guys here are the only ones who truley understand..a husband who loves me but can't begin to know what i think sometimes..we will always understand for you sparrow!
    Penny

11. sparrow

sparrow Guest

Thank God for all of you, I feel soo moved by your comments :'( :'(. It's been a hard week for me. I haven't even begun to share with you what I am facing in my life right now, it's an unbelieveable situation for me. I can't share all the details right now, but I have been in and out of court over a situation since October 2005, a new law that got me and I am the first justice systems' case after writing this new Federal Law. I am not getting my way, I lost, and so I will be irreparably damaged as a result and my sister is caught up in this with me and she used her leverage to cause me soo much more harm, due to her greed. I will be hiring a journalist after all this is over with and hoping that 60 minutes or The Washington Post will pick it up and help me in some way. I am hoping that with public exposure an attorney will take this on to the Supreme Court, but will have to be setting a presidence, which will cost me big $$$. I will be able to reveal more after the conclusion of my court case. Initially I had to appear in court in a wheelchair due to the dizziness and stay in a hotel room all by myself to face this alone. It's winding down now, but I have had it with attorney's, the justice system, doctors and my family of origin :'( :'(

The news from my sister concerning her rescinding her holiday invitation, came on the heels of my her getting her way in court, thanks to her manipulation behind the scenes with my own attorney that I have been paying for........... it's just too much to explain now and since it's a legal issue with court case pending I can't share just now. I will have to go back to court in a few weeks to finish up this very ugly situation.

And yes, when I was facing the cancer scare in my lung, I was in and out of court in the middle of all that and battling with attorneys and my sister and in court. Where did I find the strength to do all that?? All of you here at Menieres.org !!! You all pulled me thru that and I honestly couldn't have done all that without all of you !!! I wanted you all to know how much you have helped me (((hugs))).

Sparrow

12. waxwing

waxwing New Member

Sparrow!
    Why didn't you tell me this last night?!!
    Me and my husband are supposed to be going to Baltimore for Thanksgiving, and I'd ask you to come but there is going to be a crowd involved and a loud rock band. Not much fun for me either, but I've already committed. Perhaps the night before we can finally meet up and instead of coffee, we can get dinner and have a little Thanksgiving of our own.
    And as for your family, there is no excuse for people treating each other so badly. :mad: I am so sorry that they have alienated you and made you feel so bad. Let's make sure they don't get any opportunities to do that anymore.
    meg ;)

13. burd

burd New Member

Sparrow,
    There are no words to express how inexcusable the actions of your family are. From waxwings comment, does that mean you are over east somewhere?
    I was wondering about fostercare homes for adults with health issues? Could something like that work out for you? I hope you find a lawyer to help you battle it out with your family over the deed to the house. That situation just sounds very shaky and I would hope you could prevail in some way there.
    Keep fighting. Sometimes things turn around dramatically in situations that at times seemed unchangable.
    Keep us informed please. It would do us all good to hear that justice has prevailed for you somewhere along the line.
    Terry

14. TracyInIndy

TracyInIndy Guest

Sparrow,

OMG! I knew you had problems with your family but this really takes the cake! Take a little time to center yourself. Then see a lawyer! There has got to be something, some way to I don't know to break the deed you signed over!

As for as the homeless thing, go to the doctor you trust the most, relate as many details as you can and ask him to recommend any services he can think of (like the adult foster care that Terry mentioned.)

As far as your sister the b--ch I now understand why you always refer to them as your "family of origin." It past time to start cultivating a new family. Know that we are here and we are a part of your new family. Unfortunately there is limited things we can do over the internet. You need to find some people local to your area to be your chosen family. What about that church you attended a while back? Is that a group you could join and find friends within? How about another church?

PM me if you need me.

For now I will keep you in my prayers,
    {{{{{{{{{{Hugs}}}}}}}}}}
    Your cyber sister, Tracy

15. pardonme

pardonme Guest

16. jill

jill New Member

Big (((HUGS)))) for you. :-*

I'm so sorry you have to go thru this

God Bless and I pray things turn around for you real soon.

17. So Cal Cyclist

So Cal Cyclist View Askew

Sparrow,
    Best of wishes to you.

18. cowcollector

cowcollector Don't hug a tree, hug a cow!!

i knew something was wrong since
    i hadn't heard from you in a while.
    i am one sister that will never treat you wrong.
    are you close to waxwing? take her up on
    her offer to get together if you are sounds like fun.
    i am down here near dallas, if i am close you can
    come to my house too. one of my prayers now
    is that the menieres assisted living center becomes
    a reality soon!!

you are always in my thoughts and prayers,
    rae nell

19. haribo

haribo New Member

Praying for you. xx

20. Daize

Daize New Member

Dear Sparrow....I am new on here. I am so sorry you are going through so much!! For your family to do this to you is heartless and damn cruel!!!!! I also would like you to keep us updated on how you are doing with health, and legal battles. I pray for you Sparrow and hope you can find someone, friends, church group, etc. to spend Thanksgiving with.

NO One should be alone on Thanksgiving......your family is very cruel and heartless. MM is NO joke!!!!!!!!!!
    along with other chronic ailments that encompass that.

Prayers and caring thoughts to you Sparrow.

Ruth - NH > diaze (((Hugs))))