Eye problems

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by naypep, Oct 9, 2006.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. naypep

naypep New Member

Hello everyone,

I wanted to ask if anyone has any kind of eye problems associated with MM. I have not felt good for a while now and I have noticed a lot of pressure and pain in my eyes. This is a new symptom that has been around for the last two weeks. I am not sure if it is related to the MM or if it is something different.

Any info you have would be great.

Thanks,
    Naypep

2. Wobbles

Wobbles Storm (April 15, 1992 - November 17, 2006)

Hi Naypep and welcome to forum,

I have had secondary problems with my eyes. They tend to be unstable, especially when my ears start to act up. One of my conditions is called oscillopsia, which is related to poor vestibular ocular reflex; the other is called nystagmus. That’s a bit more difficult to explain.

You seem to be describing something different. Of course, I am not a doctor. But have you looked into MAV (Migraine Associated Vertigo)? This is a condition that can mimic Meniere’s but has its root cause in spasms of blood vessels. One does not have to have headaches with MAV. Also, some people with Meniere’s disease have sinus problems that are related to allergies. If I remember my anatomy, there are sinus cavities located “behind” the eyes. If they get inflamed, then serious pain can result.

The bottom line is that eye pain is not a primary symptom of Meniere’s. It could be due to something completely unrelated or it may be secondary to your MM. It is best to get a doctor to look at it.

Joe

3. deercharmer1

deercharmer1 Somewhere in the forest....

Hi, Naypep....I agree with Joe....it's better to have a doctor check it out so you can put your mind at ease. I know when I'm at my dizziest, I sometimes have trouble focusing on things and have to squint really hard...that really makes my eyes tired and sore.

Hope you get some answers,

deercharmer

4. 2DAMNDIZZY

2DAMNDIZZY New Member

Hi Naypep,
    When I am getting a sinus infection, my eyes sometimes are sore and feel like they have a lot of pressure behind them. You may want to check with your doctor just to be sure.

Maggie

5. Stacey3048

Stacey3048 New Member

Hi Naypep ~

The others gave you great advice! I too, hope you consult with your doctor. Please let us know what you find out.

Welcome to the forum!
    Stacey

6. Goomeri Spinner

Goomeri Spinner New Member

Nothing to add Naypep cept

Welcome to the dizzy family :D :D

Maggie

7. pardonme

pardonme Guest

8. saltlesstears

saltlesstears New Member

Hi Naypep,

I get lots of the visual and eye issues that Joe spoke of. Please go to a good ophalmologist (can't spell it, it seems!) as you must rule out everything. And have you had all the MRI's, CATSCANS and such? If a brain related thing it might show up. When I am tired my eyes twitch like restless rabbits under my lids, but pain is not a usual part of all this, so please get yourself checked out.-Yvonne

9. Linda1002

Linda1002 New Member

When our balance is compromised, our eyes and hands/arms have to help us stay upright. That puts extra stress on our eyes. It's important to have our eyes checked.

What you describe sounds a little different, maybe even headache related. Check with your doctor AND have your eyes checked.

10. naypep

naypep New Member

Thanks everyone for the response. I have also been diagnosed with Basilar Artery Migraine Disease along with the MM. The syptoms are close to each other and the doctors have trouble telling which one is causing the most problems. Kind of a double whammy I guess. I have had all the MRI's and Cat scans. Also the EEG's and the dizzi test. Oh and the ECOG test. There have been so many I can't remember them all. It is time to go to the eye doctor again and I have my next ENT appointment on the 16th. I will get it checked out.

Thanks again for the info.