Ending haiku

Discussion in 'Your Writer's Den' started by Brownrecluse, Jul 8, 2013.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. Brownrecluse

Brownrecluse New Member

I held foxglove leaves
    Wanted to crush them so bad
    Saw my wife's eyes. No.

2. shartsoe

shartsoe New Member

This is very sad, but so very real and heartfelt! Keep writing.

3. June-

June- New Member

You should write more, Brown. You are very talented.

4. Brownrecluse

Brownrecluse New Member

I have found some purpose in helping to edit the mystery/thriller novels my wife is writing. She is consummately creative, with a breadth of world experience I can only envy. I have a good eye for detail, consistency, a pointed turn of phrase. We are trying to create a strange literary partnership, to give us both a reason to continue living. So far, so good.

Of course, it did not help that last week I got a vertigo/blackout attack mid-afternoon when I reached down to pick up some mailbox keys I had dropped. No idea how long I was out, but I know my left side really hurt. I postulated that I had been in a standing up motion when the attack hit, and could not stop it. Result: I rammed into a marble countertop in our kitchen, and as it happens, broke the two "floating" ribs at the bottom of my left side, and given the blood thinner medication I have to take, also got a bruise in the shape of a Maltese cross (message, maybe?) running 3 feet by 3 feet, and from 4 to 5 inches wide, from the middle of my stomach to the middle of my back on the left side, and from the middle of my left thigh to somewhat above the middle of my left side crossing that one.

I also wrote another haiku last night. But I think it best for all that I not post it. What I have written should be enough, as it includes hope as well as pain.