Eccliastes 12 and me

Discussion in 'Your Religion & Spiritual Center' started by phildsc, Nov 17, 2010.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. phildsc

phildsc New Member

[size=10pt]1 Remember now thy Creator in the days of thy youth, while the evil days come not, nor the years draw nigh, when thou shalt say, I have no pleasure in them;
    [/size]

Well, I was a bit wild in my youth, did some things I shouldn't have and seldom attended church. Now in my old age I have pains and the misery of MM.

2 While the sun, or the light, or the moon, or the stars, be not darkened, nor the clouds return after the rain:

I did have periods of depression a few years ago.

3 In the day when the keepers of the house shall tremble, and the strong men shall bow themselves, and the grinders cease because they are few, and those that look out of the windows be darkened,

Yeah, my hands tremble a bit and my legs aren't as sturdy as they used to be, but I still have most of my teeh and I see OK with bifocals.

4 And the doors shall be shut in the streets, when the sound of the grinding is low, and he shall rise up at the voice of the bird, and all the daughters of musick shall be brought low;

I don't talk much outside of mealtimes, I do get up early and MM has destroyed one ear.

5 Also when they shall be afraid of that which is high, and fears shall be in the way, and the almond tree shall flourish,

Old guys don't climb ladders and can be a bit nervous. My hair is as white as the flowers of almond trees.

and the grasshopper shall be a burden,

The chirping Tinnituus is a pain.

and desire shall fail:

'Nuff said.

because man goeth to his long home, and the mourners go about the streets:

Not quite yet.

6 Or ever the silver cord be loosed, or the golden bowl be broken, or the pitcher be broken at the fountain, or the wheel broken at the cistern.

Still have my spinal cord, my brain works a bit, my aorta has a leaky valve but functions and my heart still pumps even if erratically.

7 Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.

8 Vanity of vanities, saith the preacher; all is vanity.

2. rev

rev New Member

Phil - I really like the way you see yourself described here. I think you are being candid, serious, humorous, and philosophical. What you share that God has revealed is a blessing to me. Thanks.

3. burd

burd New Member

So very well personalized. I like your candor and your honesty. I rarely come to this room but found myself drawn to check out this thread.

Ok, now I shall flit out of this room as quickly as I lit. ;)