Ear Surgery and General Information on Meniere's, ( Great for Newbies )

Discussion in 'Meniere's Disease "Database"' started by Caribbean, Apr 15, 2007.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. Caribbean

Caribbean New Member

Some Interesting Information on MM, Including Ear Surgery.

http://www.earsurgery.org/meniere.html

Be well / Larry :)

2. ToniG

ToniG Guest

Good info, Larry. It should be in the database. :)

3. Linda1002

Linda1002 New Member

Excellent info. Thank you, Larry!

4. weebeefine

weebeefine New Member

Very interesting !!!! Thanx Larry

5. taledo

taledo Milo and the Morning Glory

thank you very much for this information. i have an appointment with my ENT monday and wanted an idea of the questions i should ask concerning tests he should sendme for to help with my diagnosis and living with this pain in the ass!

6. im2dizzy

im2dizzy New Member

Great read Larry

I've been wondering if I have had the right tests run before for my dx and it looks Like I have been on the right track. The only thing I have not had was a C T scan. which was not mentioned. I am still going to have one done just to rule out the Tumor. Thanks im2dizzy

7. Red Barchetta

Red Barchetta New Member

Nice info, thanks for the link....

8. LisaB

LisaB New Member

This was a very good read. I found it did not discuss the use of gentamicin injections, (chemical surgery, briefly touched on) which in some reads say is more of a current treatment option due to cost and invasiveness than a labrynthectomy (surgery) Lisa

9. utalledo

utalledo Paradise

Very Interesting!

10. sandra

sandra New Member

Thanks for the info larry it was very helpful to me. great article.
    Sandra

11. kim

kim New Member

I saw this doctor about 5 years ago. He has since stopped practicing due to family obligations. I went to him as a second opinion when my ENT starting talking about surgery. He suspected my symptoms were related to auto immune disease and sent me to a rhuemetologist. All my ENT docs since say this might be what caused the MM. He was a wonderful doctor and this is great info.

12. mrshollytaylor

mrshollytaylor New Member

Thanks very the link. very good info

13. Joe V

Joe V New Member

Hello,

I'm a newbie. I was diagnosed this past June/July so I have not had the experience that most of you have had nor do I want to. My doctor put me on a low salt diet and a salt reducing pill (Triam/HCTZ). My hearing got better and then he decided to take me off the pill. Now, this past week I have has full blown trip down vertigo lane and spent some time talking to his majasty the porcelain god. Not a very nice night as most of you know. I had another attack yesterday while officiating a volleyball match. I am still very active and also officiate basketball and baseball at the high school level. What do I tell my doctor? Any suggestions?

14. spins

spins New Member

Very good article.

15. turtletoes

turtletoes New Member

GREAT INFO.....new here so not real good at this yet

16. terryt

terryt New Member

hi , im new and cant find the info on the surgery, I was looking yesterday and found some vetrans that had hasseled with the VA and the operations and repairs they went through and cant find them today. Terry

17. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

Bump!