Dr. Steven Rauch's Videos about Various Vestibular Disorders

Discussion in 'Meniere's Disease "Database"' started by So Cal Cyclist, May 9, 2007.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. So Cal Cyclist

So Cal Cyclist View Askew

http://www.meei.harvard.edu/patient/rauch.php
    Dr. Steven Rauch has produced several 3-5 minute long videos where he discusses various vestibular disorders. Be patient, it can take a few minutes for each video to download.

If you like what you see here and feel it would be beneficial to include it in the Meniere's Disease Database please log in and click on "report to moderator" and ask Solari to move this information to the Database page.

2. saltlesstears

saltlesstears New Member

I have seen those and they are very hepful and informative. Good idea to put them on that page.

3. Red Barchetta

Red Barchetta New Member

Well, unfortunately for me (at the moment) they won't play in the Solaris Operating System (There is no Quick Time version for Solaris, and the default .MOV player in Solaris seems to show the video, but no audio.).
    Hopefully, there is a Linux media player that will work - if not, I can't watch them since Solaris, and Linux are the Only Operating Systems I have (No Windoze).

4. LisaB

LisaB New Member

These are very helpful. The one on gentamicin really helped me. Could you write down the link and watch them at a freind's or the library? Lisa

5. dizzykitty

dizzykitty New Member

Thank you for this link. It is very informative and helpful.

Dizzy Kitty

6. Red Barchetta

Red Barchetta New Member

I'm not real sure on that one, but I still just haven't tried in Linux yet.
    But I really don't know too many people that live all that close to me. But if it comes down to it - it might actually be easier to give the link to someone that has an OS that will play them, and some video tools, to DL them, and convert the compression to either .AVI or .MPeG, then xfer the converted file to me (if need be, I could set up a FTP server temporarily).
    But, I'll worry about that later - hopefully, one of the Linux media players will do fine..

7. cheese

cheese New Member

These are great videos. Very informative .....

They are already in the database though. Been posted a couple of times. http://www.menieres.org/forum/index.php?topic=317.0

8. Red Barchetta

Red Barchetta New Member

;D

Plays fine under Linux with Mplayer (Directly in the Firefox web browser is the Mplayer plugin is active)..

9. Razor

Razor New Member

Great Videos - very informative.

Thanks for sharing :)

10. LisaB

LisaB New Member

11. LisaB

LisaB New Member

12. LisaB

LisaB New Member

bump for Jen

13. jenleigh

jenleigh New Member

thanks lisa I found it yeah ,you are great....jen

14. neil5557

neil5557 New Member

I am a patient of Dr. Rauch....just had a labyrinthectomy done by him....2 weeks post-op and doing well. I was very very apprehensive about the proceedure but once the drop downs started to occur and my life was on hold....no driving, no ladders, no biking, afraid of stairs, etc, etc....I had no choice. I am free of Meniere's....but at a price.

15. So Cal Cyclist

So Cal Cyclist View Askew

Neil- welcome and best wishes for your recovery. If you would like, please stop by the Living Room and introduce yourself. Take care, SCC

16. LisaB

LisaB New Member

Bump for utadello...........Lisa

17. LisaB

LisaB New Member

Bump for newbies. Lisa

18. LisaB

LisaB New Member

Bump again. Lisa

19. nome

nome New Member

Thank you! This was excellent!