Dr Hain's Treatment Flow Charts

Discussion in 'Meniere's Disease "Database"' started by sjwo1, Apr 2, 2009.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. Linda1002

Linda1002 New Member

I live in California so have not seen MA doctors, but I know several on this forum who have gone to Mass Eye and Ear.

2. AnneT

AnneT New Member

Knowing that there is a plan, other possibilities to help me, decreases my anxiety.

3. Coach M

Coach M New Member

If you live in California you should consider Dr Jackler at Stanford. He did my laby but also worked to exhaust all other options first.

And I have one issue with the flow chart. I would think long and hard about gentamicin. It works for many, and it bought me a few years, but what you gain in relief you lose in damage and accelerated hearing loss.

In my case it took me from infrequent episodes of severe illness to a perpetual state of shittiness (I know it's not a word.) in retrospect would not have done it knowing what I know now.

4. Irelandman

Irelandman Guest

Coach M, could you elaborate on your state of "shittiness". I too had gent. it stopped vertigo but i still have symptoms ie severe tiredness / occasional nausea / head and nose bridge pressure etc.

5. bulldogs

bulldogs New Member

Irelandman: coach has since had a laby!

He posted about it on the main board.

6. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

I remember that, he's doing much better now, isn't he?

7. bulldogs

bulldogs New Member

He sure is! A new man!

8. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

That's Good!!!!!

9. Coach M

Coach M New Member

Sorry haven't been on here for a while. Yes, laby has made life tolerable again. Other than tmj which I have been managing with a custom splint I am doing well.

The state of shittiness with the many gent shots was a sick, brain fog ill feeling that made me constantly depressed and unable to perform at a high level. It was hell.

For those who care about sports, I am in the process of accepting the head football job at a private high school here or a position coaching job at the local junior college. So I will be doing something next year.

Peace, M

10. gilbyandnanc

gilbyandnanc New Member

Hi Syd How are U doing

11. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

That was a touching post, Sid, you have such a positive energy.
    Congrats on the new position, too!

12. bulldogs

bulldogs New Member

Very good thread for newbies---- thanks Sid!

The second link in the second post is the actual flow chart.