~~Don't Lose Today~~~

Discussion in 'Your Writer's Den' started by Sami, Nov 27, 2006.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. Sami

Sami New Member

~~Don't Lose Today~~~

Life is so very beautiful and precious
    Every second of every single day
    But we just take it all for granted
    As our lives just slip away

We have a choice and it’s ours alone
    Today is not yesterday nor is it tomorrow
    This day is now but soon to be gone
    We need to use today for good not sorrow

Don’t use today to harbor ill feelings
    Between family, loved ones or friends
    Today may be your very last chance
    To tell someone you love them again

Don’t plant that little seed of hate inside
    For their roots spread deep within
    You may never be able to feel love again
    If you let that seed of hate begin

Today, its here don’t lost it to sorrow
    Make the most of what comes your way
    What you do today can help strengthen your tomorrow
    So love and be kind leave hatred behind and you’ll not have lost your today.

By: Gloria S. Castor
    Copyright ©2001 Gloria S. Castor

2. Aladdin

Aladdin Guest

amazing amazing

3. Sami

Sami New Member

Thank you Aladdin. It's is nice when one writes, and others enjoy and can relate.I have been reading many in the WD, and enjoyed many new postings, and shall return again to read and comment on the works and loves of many. Thank you dear lady.....Many of mine are being reposted from my book of poetry. It's a shame we lost many from others, after the site went down. Good to see more folks posting again! :)

Love and hugs.....
    Sami..... :-*

4. tess

tess New Member

Sami...I just got around to catching up on some of the writings today. Thank you for this lovely reminder. It touches my life very personally and it is well timed. Sometimes that timing is profound~

5. ToniG

ToniG Guest

Excellent. The poem reminded me of my daughter when she was 8 years old, she really disliked her teacher, unfortunately, she was killed in a car crash the year my daughter had her. "Mama I didn't like her, but I also didn't want her to die." Broke my heart. :-\

6. Sami

Sami New Member

Hi Tess.....

Thanks for your reply. I am sorry I am late in getting back to say thank you. I am happy that it touched you in some way. Hope things are going well for you and your family. Glad the timing was good also. Thanks for the kind reply, Tess.....

Best regards.....
    Sami..... :)

7. Sami

Sami New Member

Hi Toni..... :)

Thank you for your reply and kind words. It seems that the only time I get to post now is late at night. Sorry I had to stop when I was posting the other night. Cute story about your daughter. Shows a kind heart there.

How are you liking AZ? I lived there for a couple years, many years back. I lived in Tombstone.....then there where you are living. I hope you and your family are doing well Toni. Take care and thanks for reading and for your little story.....

Love and hugs.....

8. charisse

charisse Been hanging here for 8 years

sami :-*

9. charisse

10. Sami

Sami New Member

Hi Charisse..... :-*

Thank you so much for bring this up again. You are a sweetheart and I hope all ia well for you and yours. I'm sorry I had not been on the board except for short pop ins....but was happy to see that you brought this up again...hugs and blessings your way.

Love and hugs.....

11. charisse

I just love the things you write here :-*

12. Aladdin

Aladdin Guest

thinking of you today