Doctors you would recommend in your area.

Discussion in 'Meniere's Disease "Database"' started by Buffy-Again, Feb 6, 2008.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. ColleenA

ColleenA New Member

Looking for a good ENT to treat meniere's in north-central Ohio???

2. joanne

joanne New Member

I live in the northwest of engaland and i can't get to see a anyone i went to ent and he gave me some meds and basicly told me to go away.Has anyone got any ideas how i can be refered for an mri scan i know i have only had my freind [mm] for 12 months but it is still very scary and i don't know wot i can do next thanks for listening love jo

3. Aznalla

Aznalla New Member

My general doctor referred me for a MRI to rule out "anything in the Brain" (i.e tumor, any type of blockage). She said she wanted to do this before referring me to a neurologist. Since everything came back adequate I guess I won't be going to a neurologist- for now. I would ask your regular doctor to consider it.

4. snkrey1211

snkrey1211 New Member

Aznalla: Neurologist or Neurotologist??

5. Aznalla

Aznalla New Member

In my case it would be a neurologist due to other factors that could be playing into my vertigo. But first I will be seeing ENT #2. I am also considering making an appointment w/ a neurotologist (my insurance doesn't require a referral) down the road if needed.

6. snkrey1211

snkrey1211 New Member

ENT and Neurotologist..ohhh and your neurologist...gotta love 'em! :) Hope all goes well with you!

Sheryl

7. scottv

scottv New Member

Does any one have a Doctor they would recomend to do a laby in Reno, Nevada?

8. freckles

freckles New Member

For Australians living in the Illawarra region I recomend these two doctors

Dr Sharad Tamhane in Wollongong
    He is softly spoken, explains to you without the medical jargon.

and also Dr Phillip Chang at St Vincents Hospital in Sydney.

Both very good ENT's

9. queenmom

queenmom New Member

I see Dr. Matthew Wong, in Seattle. He's a Neurotologist, and I like him. He's intelligent, he cares, and he is passionate about his work. He also keeps up on the very latest research and developments within the field. I feel that when I am with him, for an appointment, that I am the most important person to him, and this is important to me, as I never feel that he is in a hurry to move on to the next patient.

10. Papajoe

Papajoe Myco-dental Freak of Nature

I see that sick07 hasn't posted in a month or so, but I'm seeing Dr. Cunningham in the same practice as Dr. McElveen - one visit so far and I like him better than my old ENT - has anybody seen him?

11. Meredith

Meredith New Member

Anybody have a recommendation for Kansas or Kansas City area??

12. Sherrey

Sherrey New Member

In Portland, OR, Suzanne Cleland-Zamudio at Legacy Emanuel Hospital. Great doc! Considered at the top of the ENT field here.

13. buschiabo

buschiabo New Member

In the DFW (or FWD as I like to call it) metroplex - Dr. Peters at the Medical Centeron Forest Lane just off 75.

14. dadsdizzy

dadsdizzy New Member

Looking for a Massachusetts doctor for my dad who's 85. I'm trying to decide among Dr. Rauch at Mass Eye & Ear, Dr. Gacek at UMass Medical in Worcester, or Lahey Balance Center. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Dad was diagnosed many years back by Dr. Rauch when he was suffering from violent spiral vertico and had a few drops. His current symptoms are chronic instability, severe hearing loss, and Alzheimer-like brain fog. He's about to go for neuro-physchological testing to evaluate his memory issues, but I wonder if it's just the Meniere's and will the cognitive testing be useful for that. Thanks for any suggestions.

15. SMRoz

SMRoz Coast Guard Dizzy! (Ret)

Northern Michigan

I have had a group of really great doctors and a few crummy one. Dr. Gietzen out of Petoskey did a great job as my ENT in an initial diagnosis but he suggested a second opinion. Dr. Gietzen has a nurse name Laurie and she is absolutely wonderful.
    Michigan

The Michigan Ear Institue (MEI) is recognized as the best in the state and highly ranked around the country. They staff and Drs have been great. The hard part is getting an appointment.

16. snkrey1211

snkrey1211 New Member

SMRoz....Are you having a problem getting in to the MEI? Is there a specific Dr.? I go there and see Dr. Seilesh Babu...haven't had any problems. Just curious!

17. SMRoz

SMRoz Coast Guard Dizzy! (Ret)

SNKREY1211,

I have had problems with them a few times. I always get an appointment but if I am suppose to be there in a month it takes 2 months. In July they called and cancelled an appointment 1 day before I had it. I live 4 hours away and have to get military orders made out so I can go and have been frustrated a few times. I usually call my ENT office and they can always make it work. I see Dr. Lauraroue (I proabably butchered his name)

18. snkrey1211

snkrey1211 New Member

Yep...you have quite a hike! But they are really good! I've had only great things to say about Dr. Babu! He goes to all 3 locations...since I'm from Dearborn...I'm able to see him at Oakwood Hospital.

I can only imagine your frustation!

Sheryl

19. Madeline ET

Madeline ET New Member

I live in Madison Wisconsin- My vote is for UW health- Dr G. Pyle. If I was in Chicago it would have to be Tim Hain who has a great website.
    Anyone know of any support groups in Madison Wisconsin??????-thanks Madeline

20. phil.tew

phil.tew New Member

For the Richmond Virginia Area:

Dr Charles Johnson
    VCU Medical Center
    1201 E Marshall St
    Richmond, VA 23298
    (804) 628-4368

Another ENT diagnosed me then referred me to another ear clinic in VA. I was not impressed with the Center, staff, or Dr. I contacted the Otolaryngology department at VCU Medical and they made me an appointment with Dr Johnson. He is great. He explains things well and is very patient answering as many questions as I can come up with.