Doctors you would recommend in your area.

Discussion in 'Meniere's Disease "Database"' started by Buffy-Again, Feb 6, 2008.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. June

June New Member

bump

2. groovemastergreg

groovemastergreg New Member

+1 on that. I think you have to go to Downtown LA to the main House Clinic to see Dr. Derebery. If UPC lives in San Diego, that's alot closer than where I'm coming from 4 x's a year to see her. I live in Austin, Texas, and fortunately the airfare is el cheapo ($89) to get out there.

3. June

June New Member

bump

4. Dizi

Dizi New Member

Any good doc's in Silicon Valley or the San Francisco Bay Area in general?

5. poppaharley

poppaharley Meniere's: God's answer to a free merry-go-round

Buried on Page 5 were a couple of recommendations at Johns Hopkins. Thank you. I will have to look into that.

Tony

6. amberini

amberini New Member

Bumping for Candy

7. sick07

sick07 New Member

I'm in North Carolina and go to Dr. John T. McElveen Jr in Raleigh at the Carolina Ear & Hearing Clinic. He is great.

8. June-

June- New Member

9. sprmom

sprmom New Member

Dr. Goldenberg, in Dayton Ohio is who i am seeing, great listener and very knowledgeable! doesn't talk down to you, and explain thing in normal language!

If anyone needs more info on his let me know!

10. June-

June- New Member

11. Topher

Topher New Member

I lived down in Northern Virginia (offices in Fairfax/Reston/Centreville) for a number of years and saw Dr. Bryan McKenzie. He was pretty accessible and well-versed in the latest happenings of Meniere's.
    http://www.otolaryngology-assoc.com/bios/mckenzie.html

After moving back to NY, I sought out Dr. Andrea Vambutas at the North Shore Long Island Jewish Medical Center. Despite her time being highly sought out, she remains very accessible to her patients. I've been seeing her for about two years and recommend her if you're in the Brooklyn, Queens, Nassau, Suffolk areas.

http://www.northshorelij.com/body.cfm?id=4834&plinkID=60#Andrea_Vambutas,_MD,_FACS

12. candy

candy To thine ownself be true.

I am going to the Shea Clinic in January. I will let everyone know the protocol there when I get back. I contacted them and House Ear Clinic. I chose Shea because it was closer to me. But Dr. Derebery is wonderful and actually emailed me herself when I emailed the clinic. She was very kind and understanding. And if I was closer to her, she would be my doctor by every account!

13. luckyswife

luckyswife New Member

Nobody in or near New jersey? :(

14. June-

June- New Member

15. buffee

buffee New Member

Trying to find a doctor-I DO NOT have to TRAIN would be nice. I have spent many years having to educate every doctor I have seen because they have NO experience with Meniere's. When I had my first attack in 1977, it took 7 years and tons of doctors to finally decide it was menieres, and not MS. Anyway my latest episodes are very minor compared to the old ones. These are what I call FUNCTIONAL Vertigo attacks/ because they are very severe for the first 20 minutes then it gradually subsides...within an hour or so, I can go onto my normal day---with the EXCEPTION of looking straight up(I will fall flat on my face) and my head feels like it is in a vice. anyway how do I find a doctor here is ESCONDIDO? San Diego North County: Rancho bernardo, Poway, Del Mar, San Marcos, Vista even Oceanside. I do not have the ability to drive long distances.....I have spent hours trying to find an ear doctor who maybe knowes more then I do. Thanks!

16. June-

June- New Member

17. June-

June- New Member

bump

18. Buffy-Again

Buffy-Again New Member

Buffee

Do you have any teaching hospitals in your area....I would check them out...

Buffy

19. candy

candy To thine ownself be true.

DR. PAUL LAMBERT, MUSC, Charleston, SC - NOT TED MEYER

Allergist: Dr. Allen Lieberman

20. katzefrau

katzefrau New Member

Had 2 sac surgeries from Dr. Paparella at U of Minnesota - he knows his stuff. Chose to go to Dr. Sam Levine at U of Minnesota for labyrinthechtomy & feel like it was an excellent choice. He is very capable and has great bedside manner.
    katz