Doctors you would recommend in your area.

Discussion in 'Meniere's Disease "Database"' started by Buffy-Again, Feb 6, 2008.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. Buffy-Again

Buffy-Again New Member

I thought this would be helpful.....

I live in Minnesota....I would recommend going to The University of Minnesota Medical Center. They have a department of Otolaryngology and the doctor I happened to see was Dr. Samuel Levine. He is a professor of Neurotology. He has a good bed side manner and knows what he is talking about.

Buffy

2. vertigo247

vertigo247 One cannot think crooked and walk straight.

The House Ear Institute in Los Angeles, California. I've heard it's one of the best.

3. blessedx3

blessedx3 New Member

I'll second the House Ear Institute. Supposed to be great. I see Dr. Maceri at USC in LA and love him!
    Kris

4. tucker

tucker The Meniere's DVD Guy!

Dr. Michael Paparella
    701 25th Ave S Ste 200
    Paparella Ear Head Neck Inst
    Minneapolis, MN 55454

Would be my doctor of choice now.

5. jwinnv

jwinnv New Member

I live in Las Vegas and, sad to say, I have been to two doctors here and both have inept and uncaring.

I will be trying a new doctor here soon though, he is an allergist/pulmonologist (sp).

Also, I plan to travel to Southern California to go to the House Ear Institute in a couple of months.

Julie

6. LisaB

LisaB New Member

I am in MI and go to the Michigan Ear Institute, Dr. Jack Kartush. I couldn't have gotten better or more empathetic care. Several here go there. One day when things were horrible I called the clinic, and since he couldn't fit me in he called me and I sat in the middle of my back yard crying as he talked me through it. He is so incredibly kind. Lisa

7. RINGADINGDING

RINGADINGDING New Member

Dr. Michael Jakobsen
    HEAD AND NECK ASSOCIATES
    26726 Crown Valley Parkway, Suite 200
    Mission Viejo, CA 92691
    (949) 364-4361

Excellent group. I know others who go here. All give thumbs up. This is my doctor in particular and he really understands the disease. I highly recommend them.

8. barcl003

barcl003 Guest

Dr. Paparella also. Minneapolis, MN. I've heard good things about Dr. Levine also.

9. Its Back

Its Back New Member

How about New Jersey?

10. cdedie

cdedie Designed by DizzyNBlue

I'm loving my new Doc's!!! Dallas - U.T. Southwestern Medical Center Dept. of Otolaryngology. Have seen 2 Doc's there and my current one is Dr. Kutz who did a Fellowship at the House Ear Institute!!!! He's great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. dizzydi

dizzydi New Member

Dr Marlan Hansen the University of Iowa, He's very good at listening to your issues and a good bed side manner. He has my trust competly.

12. dizzy teacher2

dizzy teacher2 New Member

I live in MA Mass Eye and Ear Institute is fabulous. I see Dr. Rauch. Great doctor, very knowledgeable, but low on bed side manners.

13. utalledo

utalledo Paradise

I live in Virginia saw 2 dr.s they didn't do any good, one in Potomac ENT & the other one G. Neas with KAiser Permanente horrible experience since he just told me to take a Valium and lay down and he also said I'm sorry! .....they say that because they don't have MM, I'm sure if they ever have they will try to find a solution.

14. JessiesGirl

JessiesGirl New Member

Dr. Eric Smouha at Mt. Sinai in NYC. This guy literally saved my life. He's smart, sane, caring, open minded, very up to date on all the latest protocols, and encourages you to be a partner in your own treatment. He's also so non-arrogant, I can't help but wonder if he realizes he's a doctor. He's also a scientist, and his passion is research, so he's always going to conference and looking into new treatment protocols, which means if it's out there, he knows about it. I can't say enough good things about this guy.

15. iowatriker

iowatriker New Member

Dr Theninger in Omaha. Did my VNS. Called large ENT clinics in Sioux City, Sioux Falls, Orange City and they all send there MM patients to Dr Theninger. Went to Dr. Paparella first for a shunt surgery which failed. I only saw him on the first visit setting up the surgery. 3 more followup visits I never saw him. Dr Theninger is a extremely careing and hands on Dr. My wife transfered her records to him for her ear care.

16. June

June New Member

I hope this thread makes it to the database when it quits being updated so we can refer back when we need it. How do you get threads promoted?

17. LisaB

LisaB New Member

I know Ray can move it into the database, other wise I don't know. Lisa

18. sjwo1

sjwo1 Hiking Utah

Notice the importance of bedside manner. Combine that with a med school research facility and usually you are in good shape. "Local" ENTs didnt do the trick for me. I like Emory in Atlanta. I also like Hain in Chicago. But many really brag on House Clinic in LA. Lots of good ones. And dont be shy to get more than one consults as your disease matures.

19. Willie Marie

Willie Marie New Member

Dr. Jeffrey Paffrath
    Middle Tennessee Ear,Nose & Throat Clinic
    Murfreesboro, TN

He is great--he listens (and that is a BIG thing to me) and he seems to care. He WANTS you to feel better!

20. blessedx3

blessedx3 New Member

Have to add- I just started at House Ear Institiute and love it- I see Dr. Derebery and she is very kind, compassionate and knowledgeable. As she was giving me statistics on clinical trails for tnew treatments I realized- she was the one conducting most of the research! My hubby looked her up on some board of neurotology (can't remember where he saw it) and was concerned at first that her name wasn't even on the list- then he realized it was at the top- she's the President! :) Great doctor so far, up on very latest in treatments.
    Kris