Doctors say cannabis treats Meniere's Disease

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Caribbean, May 5, 2007.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. jim1884again

jim1884again advocating baldness be recognized as a disability

bravo--the voice of reason from the legal community
    I assume you are OK with it being used for medical purposes when rx by MD?
    would you be OK with it being regulated like alcohol for non medical use??

(I knew a college prof who had spent 6 years as a cop in the highest crime district in Dallas--even in the 60s, when it was a felony, he said he and a few of his police brethren--very few--often ignored small quantities if the person had no other outstanding warrants--they usually said "get rid of this" and the person would generally dump their bag or tear up their joints--once, however, a person took that to mean light it up and smoke it right now which he attempted to do--my friend and his partner said, "no dummy, tear it up" and then went about the more pressing business of looking for murderers and burglary suspects)

2. heywally

heywally New Member

This kind of reminds me - I was over at a friends one day - back in the day - and we were imbibing when the doorbell rang. He seemed to know who was coming over and just went and opened the door up and ... it was a Chicago cop in uniform who stepped in, looked over at me and said, "what's happening?" Didn't know him so I was in shock a bit ... then, my friend left the room and came back with a pound, which he gave to the officer (who it turned out, was his long-time friend). When the officer left, I looked out the window and he got into the SQUAD CAR which his patrol partner had double parked outside and they drove away.

Pretty brazen but hey, it was Chicago.

3. jim1884again

jim1884again advocating baldness be recognized as a disability

HeyWally--I'm sure the policeman was procuring it only for medicinal purposes!

4. Red Barchetta

Red Barchetta New Member

If anyone believes that - I have a few bridges I would like to sell...
    I have the deed right in my coat pocket! - I'll let you have them cheap!

5. gcandles

gcandles New Member

The thought actually crossed my mind already. Anything at this point. Okay, so what's the next step? ;D

6. Caribbean

Caribbean New Member

Don't get caught :)

7. heywally

heywally New Member

I'm sure you're right. It was daylight too - the Chicago police had a 'rep' back then (70's) but I was still blown away by the incident. The guy who I was visiting thought nothing of it (I don't think he had the requisite level of paranoia for his line of work).

8. Red Barchetta

Red Barchetta New Member

Or (more likely) had just dealt with that same guy so Meany times, as to not even think about it anymore - just a normal customer...
    (When I was way younger, I had a cop I know personally, pull me over [I think I just had an over-due inspection sticker, or some minor BS like that], but my van had a STRONG oder in it [well 6 people just got done smoking so...], nothing unusual, just the paperwork, why he stopped me, exc. Then a verbal warning about the actual offense - followed by the comment "You guys are having a party and you didn't invite me!")