Doctors say cannabis treats Meniere's Disease

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Caribbean, May 5, 2007.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. cupoftea

cupoftea New Member

2. Deb S

Deb S New Member

I just have to say that I am sitting here in the family room laughing out loud. Especially the part about getting the munchies on a lo-so diet!!! OMG, this has made my day!!! Too funny!

It's fun to see everyones sense of humor coming out on a Monday.

Thanks for the thread Larry, very entertaining.

Deb S.

3. Ifishdizzy

Ifishdizzy New Member

You folks seem to be joking quite a bit about the topic (it does being back memories, no?) BUT, the fact is that whiole the article may be jokable, the ability of MJ to manage Meniere's symptoms (not a cure) is tremendous!

Y'all need to think a bit harder about this, as there is a treatment option that involves -0- addictive substances, does not require any invasive procedures or shots, and so far has proven (in my case) to be near 100% effective as a treatment for the vertigo, fullness and the dizzies that come with Meniere's. (I did not include "vomiting" in the list as I HAVE NOT GOTTEN SICK IN 11 MONTHS!!)

I will post (under a new topic) a follow-up of my progress with this MEDICATION. And, for those thinking different, no, I am not in remission, just very well managed and able to continue with normal life.

Mike

4. cheese

cheese New Member

Hi Mike,

Just wondering how you smoke it.

Do you smoke cones or joints? ........like, 1 bong a day type thing?

Are the buds hydroponic or bushies?

How much does it cost you?

These are serious questions by the way .....I have no idea how medicinal marijuana works.

5. hydrops

hydrops New Member

Medicinal marijuana can be used in liquid form, and it can be eaten. Doesn't have to be smoked.

6. ToniG

ToniG Guest

I wonder if California will change it's mind as more studies come out?

What happened when one woman smoked dope daily for a month for a BBC documentary

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/health/healthmain.html?in_article_id=545408&in_page_id=1774

"Yet there is now considerable medical evidence that cannabis causes psychosis. It has also been linked to schizophrenia, and is believed to be behind a string of violent murders.

Even mild short-term use can result in depression and sleep disturbances."

7. nassman

nassman Guest

Yes, and the same can be said about hundreds of prescription drugs that are approved by your Big Brother government yet have been proven to cause all kinds of psychotic explosions in people and even suicide.

Get one thing straight. The reason why drugs like marijuana are are not legal in the USA is not because they are harmful, but rather, because the government doesn't stand to make billions the way they do with their bed-buddies, the pharmaceutical companies.

Sad but true.

8. ToniG

ToniG Guest

Agreed. :(

9. June

June New Member

Perhaps this is why I did not get it at a young age?

10. burd

burd New Member

So true.
    Also, marijauna is stigmatized, and those in high places wearing their moral facades would never advocate something that is associated with a less-than-desirable culture. Hmmm, I wonder how many of them are hooked on vicoden.

11. ToniG

ToniG Guest

or the many meds taken for menieres.

12. nassman

nassman Guest

So true. Or what about Eliott Spitzer? All his life he played the moral card and preached ethics in everything from the way families should live to the way businesses are run and look what he did! He was caught red-handed with a prostitute!

All politicians are immoral crooks in one way or another. In the end it is the average law abiding citizen who gets screwed....

13. EARINGER

EARINGER Pug-lover /M-C mechanic/carpenter/E-Bayer

Well then , don't boge that joint Caribbean , pass it around !! - :eek: Eric :eek:

14. tm53

tm53 New Member

and we can all sit around and play find our feet (but they are so far away)

15. DizzyMel

DizzyMel New Member

LOL this is a funny and informative post. I have been considering this as an alternative to some less fun treatments myself. let me know how it works out for you guys and I may be off to find my own personal supplier!

16. livestrong

livestrong New Member

OH MY GOODNESS!! DOES IT HELP WITH THE TINNITUS!! I DOUBT IT.. SO I CAN ASK MY DOCTOR FOR A PRESCRIPTION... I DONT THINK SO.. I CANT STOP LAUGHING... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

THAT POST CERTAINLY MADE MY DAY.. CANT WAIT TO TELL DAN!!!

LOVE CRAZY ::)
    ALISA :)

17. ToniG

ToniG Guest

Y'all need to watch the A&E show "Intervention". http://www.aetv.com/intervention/int_druginfo.jsp

There's nothing funny how this part was missed ""Yet there is now considerable medical evidence that cannabis causes psychosis. It has also been linked to schizophrenia, and is believed to be behind a string of violent murders.

Even mild short-term use can result in depression and sleep disturbances."

18. tm53

tm53 New Member

It's an hallucinogen, right? Not to sure we need to legalize an hallucinogen.

I have enough problems with the way people drive around here now! ;D ;D ;D

19. DizzyMel

DizzyMel New Member

MM causes me psychosis, schizophrenia, depression, and thoughts calling Dr Kevorkian. And with as many people that are suffering from vertigo (MM related or otherwise), it scares the hell outta me at the thought of how many of them are on the roads driving every day.

Be AFRAID - BE VERY AFRAID!

20. Sunrise

Sunrise New Member

Pot is not a hallucinogen, it does not cause schizophrenia (or the nation would be over run with schizophrenics!)

It is actually, a natural plant, which is a much nicer recommendation than the fistfulls of meds I choke down daily that are "legal"

I'd try the cannabis cure if I could stand to hold my breath long enough to get the benefit of it. Maybe I'll have to go find all my parents stoner friends and hope for a contact buzz.