Doctors say Cannabis treats Meniere’s disease...

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Caribbean, Apr 19, 2009.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. hollymm

hollymm Me, 'in' a tree.

Anybody read any new information about MJ and what else has been found it helps or if the federal gov is getting any closer to making it legal in at least small personal amounts or for medical use? I haven't seen anything new for a while now...

2. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

No, me neither. I wonder why?

I miss Carribean. He was an advocate for legalizing and regulating Marijuana for medinpcenal purposes.
    His posting were very imformative, and concise and accurate.

3. hollymm

hollymm Me, 'in' a tree.

Proposition 215 - Wish it would go Federal...someday it's gonna happen, it's inevitable:

It's the law. Cannabis (marijuana) was listed in medical texts to treat over 100 different conditions, prior to its ban in 1937 over the objections of the AMA. Medical use is still allowed under the UN Single Convention Treaty on Narcotic Drugs. The California Supreme Court has ruled that marijuana is as legal as any prescription drug under State law.

Text of Prop 215 (Cal HS 11362.5)
    Proposition 215 (HS 11362.5) was passed in 1996 by a 56% majority of California voters in November 1996. That is more California votes than Presidents Clinton, Bush or most other elected official have received.
    Safe Access Now: Coalition to promote the Sonoma Garden Guidelines
    The National Academy of Science did a scientific review in 1999 for the federal Office of Narcotics Control Policy and documented legitimate medical uses for cannabis, but the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) still forbids its use. Meanwhile, the US government gives cannabis to seven patients in the Compassionate IND (Investigational New Drug) program. Eight states have legalized medical marijuana and allow patients to obtain, use and cultivate the herb. In May of 2001, the US Supreme Court ruled that state and federal laws do not need to conform with each other, leaving patients in legal Limbo. Prop 215 and all other state medical marijuana laws remain in effect.

Other States have followed suit. Since its passage, voters in five other states legalized medical marijuana through similar initiatives. These all require a doctor's recommendation and include the right for patients to cultivate marijuana for their own use. Two elections were undermined by government officials and have not allowed the votes to be counted. See explanation below for more details.

California, 1996, 56% yes vote on Prop 215 to add 11362.5 to the Health and Safety Code, legalizing medical marijuana for seriously ill patients. Arizona passed Prop 200 by an even higher 65% majority. That law moved all drugs to a situation that would allow doctors to recommend them. The state legislature repealed the popular election vote, and voters promptly put it back onto the ballot as a referendum for 1998. It won there again in 1998, and voters in Alaska, Washington, Oregon, Nevada and Maine also legalized medical use of marijuana through the initiative process.

Voters in Colorado and Washington DC were both deprived of thier right to be counted. In Colorado it was a voter's registrar's adminitstrative decision to discount voter petitions, and in Washington DC it took an act of Congress by the Republican dominated House to forbid that the votes be counted. Exit polls in both areas showed healthy margins of victory for medical marijuana. Colorado voters finally had their say in 2000 and approved the reform. Apparently, the Drug War is not healthy for democracy.

The Hawaii legislature has also legalized medical marijuana. Legislatures of more than 30 states have approved medical marijuana laws at some point during the past 30 years. Among its federal advocates was the notoriously conservative GOP Congressman Newt Gingrich.

Section 11362.5 of the State Health and Safety Code

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The text of the Prop 215 initiative follows:
    Section 1. Section 11362.5 is added to the California Health and Safety Code, to read:

11362.5. (a) This section shall be known and may be cited as the Compassionate Use Act of 1996.
    (b) (1) The people of the State of California hereby find and declare that the purposes of the Compassionate Use Act of 1996 are as follows:

(A) To ensure that seriously ill Californians have the right to obtain and use marijuana for medical purposes where that medical use is deemed appropriate and has been recommended by a physician who has determined that the persons health would benefit from the use of marijuana in the treatment of cancer, anorexia, AIDS, chronic pain, spasticity, glaucoma, arthritis, migraine or any other illness for which marijuana provides relief.
    (B) To ensure that patients and their primary caregivers who obtain and use marijuana for medical purposes upon the recommendation of a physician are not subject to criminal prosecution or sanction.

(C) To encourage the federal and state governments to implement a plan for the safe and affordable distribution of marijuana to all patients in medical need of marijuana.

(2) Nothing in this act shall be construed to supersede legislation prohibiting persons from engaging in conduct that endangers others, nor to condone the diversion of marijuana for non-medical purposes.

(c) Notwithstanding any other provision of law, no physician in this state shall be punished, or denied any right or privilege, for having recommended marijuana to a patient for medical purposes.

(d) Section 11357, relating to the possession of marijuana, and Section 11358, relating to the cultivation of marijuana, shall not apply to a patient, or to a patient's primary caregiver, who possesses or cultivates marijuana for the personal medical purposes of the patient upon the written or oral recommendation or approval of a physician.

(e) For the purposes of this section, Primary caregiver means the individual designated by the person exempted under this act who has consistently assumed responsibility for the housing, health or safety of that person.

Sec. 2. If any provision of this measure or the application thereof to any person or circumstance is held invalid, that invalidity shall not affect other provisions or applications of the measure which can be given effect without the invalid provision or application, and to this end the provisions of this measure are severable.

4. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

I really like the idea that you posted thismHooly, keeping Larry/Carribean's thread alive.
    I had missed these reports.

I'm really glad you posted this. Very interesting information!

5. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

Who is here? I hope there's more info to be posted! Larry kept this thread alive every week.

6. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

I wonder if Rastafarians suffer Meniere's symptoms :D

7. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

Prolly too baked to care.

8. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

ROFLMAO! I doubt it! I should have known it was you after the last posts!

I wonder how much weed has changed since I was in my twenties?

9. Running Dizzy

Running Dizzy New Member

Bump for Larry

10. cherylmcgr

cherylmcgr New Member

I am getting my card tomorrow. I do not know if the right thing to do but the stuff for anti nausea works and relaxes me. I have had a week remission so I am taking one thing at a time but the gent shots had alot more side effects then I thought they would- Ear fullness, Air bubble that gets cut and fills back up. I am getting tubes. I figure it is worth the try and I will be legal.

11. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

Good Luck to you!
    I have tubes. I use them to put Dexamethasone drops in twice daily. Have you ever tried DEX shots?

Keep us daily posted on how this new treatment works for you. Do you know that now you are able to grow your own?

12. cherylmcgr

cherylmcgr New Member

I have had 8 dex shots in each ear. They were not helpful to me I do not know why I kept getting them. I am going to be able to grow my own which means no chemical etc added. They have an organic "store" here that I will visit.

13. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

Take pics! I did that when I was a darn teenager, my parents never knew! LOL!
    Ahhh, now I'm reminiscing! Time to clean something!

Good Luck to you.

14. abigail48

abigail48 New Member

rastas do get cancer it seems. wonder if that regga singer had estrogen positive cancer

15. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

Bob Marley died of cancer at a young age. :(

16. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

RIP Bob Marley.

Now, Willie Nelson is still Tonkin away. As well as Toby Keith, Snoop Dog, Lady Gaga and many others.
    The Native American Indians smoked that Peace pipe, too.
    You just never know, everyday what's bad for you is researched and turns out its good for you after all...coffee was a big one, wine, too. Our Italian ancestors made their own wine and Grappa and it didn't have I'll effects on our ancestral line.
    So, in the end, who's to say.

I just wish it were legalized and therefore monitored because of all of the people pushing Synthetic marijuana and how many that's killed.

17. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

I have no problem with it being legalized even though I don't use it. I think it does less harm than alcohol.

Surprisingly enough it is not legal here in Canada except for those with medical permission.

18. dolfan

dolfan Active Member

http://articles.cnn.com/2012-06-27/us/us_florida-cannibal-attack_1?_s=PM:US

19. cherylmcgr

cherylmcgr New Member

All the synthetic kind is illegal in MI that truly is bad stuff.

20. hollymm

hollymm Me, 'in' a tree.

They still sell "spice" in tabacco stores over this way. I understand it can send you into convulsions and/or kill you. The things people will do to get a buzz!

I'm a good canidate for a card but it makes my tinnitus so much worse I just can't stand it :(. It does help with the fibro though - mucho