Do you

Discussion in 'Your Front Porch' started by Intrepid, Aug 20, 2011.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. shartsoe

shartsoe New Member

Hair.

2. Gustav123

Gustav123 Life,enjoy it.

Same. Years ago I heard that some guys had personality profiles based on what you washed first and how you showered...haha. Too much time on their hands I suppose.

3. shartsoe

shartsoe New Member

No, not yet. People tell me I look young for my age, but I always have. When I was 21 I could pass for 12 if I had no makeup on and dressed down. My mother didn't have wrinkles in her early 50s, so I guess that bodes well for me. I do have older looking eyes when I smile. Not quite wrinkly but a little more set back.

4. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

My face. I love standing under the shower and feeling the water run down my face and neck.

5. Gustav123

Gustav123 Life,enjoy it.

Now that would make for a creepy looking date...... :p

6. shartsoe

shartsoe New Member

Once when I lived in California my boyfriend and I wanted to visit the Steinhart aquarium in San Francisco but had no money. He pretended to be a teacher and his younger brother and I were his students. (He had an ID from the school where he really did have a job.) That way, we got the educator's pass. I know -- terrible. I also used to get the child's admission prices when we went to the fair and things like that. I only weighed about 90 pounds then -- so I was small and very young looking. Can't say the same for now, though.

7. Artlover

Artlover it's a crazy world.

I leave a big pile of dishes in the sink until I can't stand it anymore.

8. hollymm

hollymm Me, 'in' a tree.

Haven't cared enough to count, yet :-X

Strangly enough, my left arm. :eek:

9. shartsoe

shartsoe New Member

Force your older children to clean their rooms or let them manage their space?

10. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

Having a messy room has never been an option from the time they were little :D

Thank goodness that is one battle I don't have to fight. They are very good with putting their laundry away, making their beds, and not leaving anything lying around in closets or the floor. Even their bathroom is well taken care of.

My challenges right now are teenage testosterone and its ups and downs. Sigh.

11. Gustav123

Gustav123 Life,enjoy it.

Self managed up to a point. If it gets past a point where I cant take it then they lose their self management status. My son has never reached that point, where as my daughter reaches it all the time!

12. shartsoe

shartsoe New Member

Sarita and Gustav, lucky that's a battle you don't have to fight. Neither of the two older ones re good at cleaning up after themselves. Of course, it's a trait they came by naturally -- I'm not good at it either. My desk is a horrible mess, and I have to really work hard to keep a neat house.

S, teenage testosterone? Tell me about it! My son is going through that right now and we really don't know how to interact with each other right now. He's moody, I'm frustrated. Hope it gets better soon. :(

13. redwing1951

redwing1951 New Member

I pretty much allowed them to self manage to a point. One day as my oldest son was walking home from school he noticed his clothes being tossed out his bedroom window and landing in the bushes below. We still get a good chuckle out of that today. I think you have to pick your battles, close their doors and when they move out hand them a cleaning bill.

14. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

I don't particularly enjoy engaging with overly emotional individuals whether they are adults or kids. I tend to back away and when they are reasonable again, they can come to me...that includes the teenagers under my roof :D

I just remind myself that most of us have been through that phase and it's part of growing up. I don't have any suggestions other than love 'em through it and give them space. Some days that works and other days.....I raise my voice, argue back as though I were a moody teenager and then I call my mom and cry while she consoles and reassures me that it's all going to be okay.

15. Gustav123

Gustav123 Life,enjoy it.

Oh yeah...we have that. I have even sat stone faced as profanity has flown my way. Its getting better. Stay open and honest. Dont say anything you will regret. Be the adult.
    Its a hard time.
    I remind myself how awful I was. :p :p :p

16. Gustav123

Gustav123 Life,enjoy it.

Do you ever consult the I Ching ?

17. hollymm

hollymm Me, 'in' a tree.

Is this in reference to helping your children grow or a new subject? It's a huge thing to talk about as there is so much history and beliefs interwine with each other.

18. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

Nope. I think we create our own destiny...genetics permitting.

19. Gustav123

Gustav123 Life,enjoy it.

Oh
    Ha, new topic...

20. Gustav123

Gustav123 Life,enjoy it.

Me too...within some parameter. But i see you view it as just a book of divination.