Do you

Discussion in 'Your Front Porch' started by Intrepid, Aug 20, 2011.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

Clean up as you cook.

Clean up after everything has been cooked.

Don't clean up :D

2. Janice

Janice New Member

Both 1 and 2 depending on what I am cooking and how much mess there is.

3. goofygirl

goofygirl WDE!!!

Clean up as I cook!! Cabana Boy waits til the end, and it used to drive me crazy..now I just grit my teeth, and tell myself I'm lucky to have a husband who cooks so much!

4. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

Me too. Clean as I cook so when it's all cooked there is no mess to clean up. I don't like cleaning up the kitchen after we eat. I'd rather hang out and talk at the table.

5. goofygirl

goofygirl WDE!!!

Exactly..that's what tables are for in our house..my whole life we've done more "living" in the kitchen or dining room, than the living room!

6. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

Do you make the beds before you leave in the morning or just leave the beds unmade all day or several days?

7. survivedit

survivedit New Member

Clean up as I go, but someone else does the dishes. If I cook, someone else can do dishes.

Make the bed in the morning.

8. dolfan

dolfan Active Member

cleaning is a woman's job

9. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

Yeah beds in the morning just before I leave.

Do you load the dishwasher before bed time or first thing in the morning?

10. goofygirl

goofygirl WDE!!!

UUUHHHH...I hate to answer this...but I don't make the bed in the morning, but for some reason, I do before we climb into it at night!! Isn't that terrible? (unless I know someone's coming over, in which case I act like it is always made..)

Start it in the morning, load it at night...Dolfan, you suck! ;)

11. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

trouble-maker... :p

Don't get me started :D :D

12. survivedit

survivedit New Member

Do you load the dishwasher before bed time or first thing in the morning?

Before bedtime - result of having 5 kids, I suppose. It is way easier to not get behind than to have to get caught up on stuff.

Do you have days where you do less than 3 loads of clothes? Just kidding - sort of.

13. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

Clean as I go and after eating.

Bed is usually made in the morning unless I am in a rush or not feeling well.

Dishwasher in the evening especially since we are on Smart meters now for electricity so it costs half as much after 7pm.

14. dolfan

dolfan Active Member

15. goofygirl

goofygirl WDE!!!

Down to one load of clothes a night...when the boys were all at home, during football, and baseball seasons, it was 3 loads each night..

Do you vacuum, then dust, or vice versa? I cheat cause I have a Roomba, and Dirt Dog, and I dust while they're are both taking care of business!

16. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

I vaccuum, then dust, then vaccuum again. I know, I know :D

17. rottiesrule

rottiesrule New Member

I rarely cook ;D but when I do, I clean as I go to the point of having OCD. I always make the bed as soon as I get up because I hate getting into a messed up bed.

18. goofygirl

goofygirl WDE!!!

I'm feeling more & more sloppy...don't make me look too bad.. :-[ :D

Me too..and that's why I make my bed up just before I get in it!! ;D ;D

19. Wino

Wino Resident Honey Badger

A little bit of cleaning as I go, and cleaning up after. It's impossible to not clean after the meal because you still have to get to the pot that the food is sitting in. So I clean up all the itensils and ancillary items as I go and pop them into the dishwasher. As for the dishwasher, I set it off whenever it's full regardless of time.

My wife makes the bed, because she knows I don't care enought to do it and a messy bed drives her nuts. Well, at least after she's awake for the day, anyway.

20. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

I can't stand messy beds either. If we're out of it then there is no reason to leave it unmade :D

I have very long days so when work is done and late classes are done, I really look forward to coming home to a tidy place. So it's effort but also worth it.