Do you drink alcohol?

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by sirlanc, Nov 16, 2009.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

?

Do you drink alcohol?

1. Never touch the stuff

48 vote(s)
    42.1%
  2. One to three drinks a week

19 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. Four to Seven drinks per week

17 vote(s)
    14.9%
  4. Over Seven Drinks per week

11 vote(s)
    9.6%
  5. One to three drinks a month

19 vote(s)
    16.7%
  1. sirlanc

sirlanc New Member

Do you drink alcohol? Does it make thinks bad for you?

2. Tara

Tara New Member

I no longer touch even a drop. I've found it is a HUGE trigger for me. :( I miss my Mike's hard on the balcony on a warm night.

3. June-

June- New Member

One to three a month, white wine only. That option is not there. Makes no difference to me.

4. sirlanc

sirlanc New Member

that option has been added

5. winsome

winsome Misplaced Dumbass

Makes no difference to me, however much I drink. Just the hangovers get worse as I get older!

6. gardenfish

gardenfish New Member

not a trigger

7. Seadog

Seadog Ambidextrous dumb-ass with out coffee

Yep

8. iowatriker

iowatriker New Member

Maybe a glass of wine every few months. Non alcohol beer (Busch) about every nite. Tried the alcohol beer but my balance suffered for days after just a couple of nites of a couple of beers.

9. m.k.

m.k. hello

I might have a drop a year at most, it is a huge trigger for me too

10. SMRoz

SMRoz Coast Guard Dizzy! (Ret)

It is a trigger though not one of the bad ones. I only drink 1 drink every 3-4 months. If even that.

11. Sideways562

Sideways562 New Member

I drink a few beers a week, it isn't a trigger for me, if anything it takes thw edge off of my day to day stress, which is a trigger.

12. dizzydeac

dizzydeac New Member

Huge trigger for me-so I don't drink alcohol of any kind.

13. StarGazer

StarGazer New Member

Wine (red or white) two to three times a week. Never been a trigger... Though certain wines do trigger a nasty migraine.

14. poppaharley

poppaharley Meniere's: God's answer to a free merry-go-round

I try to drink a glass of wine with dinner every night. I find it helps me in many ways. I'll do a beer with the guys after golf and sometimes do a small bourbon or rum on the rocks or gin and tonic at social functions. I find that if I limit it to one and don't get to the "buzz on" stage, it doesn't bother me. However, given with I can truly now sense as a comprmised balance system, I sometimes stagger enough without having to push it to that point with alcohol. ;)

15. Seattlekidz

Seattlekidz New Member

Sadly, it's a huge trigger. Drinking = guaranteed attack which sucks.

16. SeanP

SeanP New Member

I keep it at less than 2 a day, 1 if driving. Alcohol makes the balance worse but doesn't trigger any other symptoms.

17. sirlanc

sirlanc New Member

for those who get attacks after drinking, how fast does it trigger one?

18. birdmom3

birdmom3 New Member

I stopped as it was a trigger for me.

Birdmom3

19. JRod

JRod New Member

I voted never touch the stuff. However, for me during my heavy attack period, the bottle never put me into attack mode. It was almost like a stress release. I'm not advocating that everyone with MM go out and order up an MGD-ASAFP!! My point is, alcohol didn't seem to create an attack in the short term. Now, if I thought an attack was forthcoming, obviosly I wouldn't try to drink as it would of made things HORRIBLE. Having an attack with a Jack and Coke!!! Minnesota drinking Baby!! j/k Thanks for the post.

20. flicka

flicka Me and Jacob

Not sure if it is a trigger or not, but after the dizziness and sickness I find I just don't want a drink. I sometimes sniff hubby's breath and get it second hand. I go "That wine smells like a nice one."
    Sad or what?
    Flicka