Do 'medical miracles' really exist?

Discussion in 'Your Religion & Spiritual Corner' started by Caribbean, Oct 21, 2010.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. studio34

studio34 Guest

Carrie -- I think we need to start the "world's worst cliches" thread.

How about "god moves in mysterious ways".

2. Imnoscientist

Imnoscientist New Member

Magic happens?

I think I just threw up a bit in my mouth.

3. studio34

studio34 Guest

How about just ... "It's a miracle".

4. Imnoscientist

Imnoscientist New Member

What goes around comes around.

5. CarrieOakey

CarrieOakey New Member

when the going gets tough the tough get going

6. Jazza

Jazza Saved by Grace Thru Christ Jesus

I respect you don't have a Belief in God. It wouldn't hurt you to respect I do believe in God and I give Thanks to God.

You can't understand why I give God thanks for all things because you probably don't believe God created the Universe this Earth and everything on it. Of course it is ridiculous to your mind I understand that totally. I understand your thinking and where you stand. You cannot understand me. I am not annoyed or offended by your lack of understanding.

7. Jazza

Jazza Saved by Grace Thru Christ Jesus

There has been much posting since I have been here last.

I amazed this thread has gone so far off topic.

I believe in miracles because I believe in a God that can do the miraculous and by that I mean what is beyond the ability of human beings.

Personally I have no problem with those who don't believe in miracles or the Christian God.

8. Henrysullivan

Henrysullivan New Member

So Hank displays what you consider rudeness to someone you care about. And for this, you take offense. But what if Hank did not offer his comments to be rude, but was merely speaking the truth as he knew it? What if Hank's critique was solely intended to help your mother to consider another dish for her future western guests, other than that repugnant vegemite
    [​IMG]
    or Cherry crockskin frappe
    [​IMG]
    or monkey creme pie for dessert
    [​IMG]

What if Hank's comments to your mother, which because they hurt the feelings of somone you care about you naturally took offense to, were intended as purely constructive criticisms, offered in good faith toward the prospect that your mother would understand that there are cultural difference between Australians and Americans, just as their are spiritual differences between non-believers and believers? What if Hank's remarks were pure to his feelings on the Aussie food, just as a certain atheist's remarks might be pure to his feelings about God? But here, on this spectacular early spring day in the Sydney Botanical Garden, we were merely talking about food, inanimate substances of consumption. We are not talking about someone's deepest beliefs, spiritual substances that hold within them the meaning and value of one's own life, or the substantive credibility of someone's deepest, most earnest spiritual beliefs. We're just talking about food here, among the cockatoos and hanging wisteria.

So if I understand you my excellent friend, who by now I am indeed convinced that you are in fact Scott, it is only natural that we should justifiably take personal offense at remarks offered concerning food preparation; however never should we take offense at gratuitous remarks discounting the most sacred of our held beliefs, beliefs that even help define who we are as individuals. Never should we take personally that an individual who does not believe in what we believe, scoffs and redicules what we believe. No, we should not do that. We should only take offense when we speak about food.

Thank you very much for helping me to 'downunderstand.'

9. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

I actually eat marmite (the English equivalent of Vegemite) haven't had it for a while now.

It's pretty good spread on toast and butter.

10. Henrysullivan

Henrysullivan New Member

That and a little monkey creme pie and Hank would be off to the bathroom. What goes in must come out.

And now Hank downunderstands that both food prep discussions and speaking in the third person can be thought of as offensive depending on the listener. Hank will have to consider this more before he might decide to reconstruct his present arguments.

11. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

What is in that Monkey Cream Pie??

12. carolyn33

carolyn33 New Member

Yea Hank why did you do the 3rd person you know I can't be confused.... I can't keep up with Hank #1 hahha

13. June-

June- New Member

What is this, a narcissists' convention? Are you people still drinking this am?

14. Henrysullivan

Henrysullivan New Member

I did it because Scott did it, even though he was talking to me, the second person, about me, the second person. I know why he did it, to paint a picture. And I was just carrying forth with his established pattern, to help finish painting the picture.

15. Henrysullivan

Henrysullivan New Member

On that, we will have to ask Scott's mum. But know that I will not eat it.

16. carolyn33

carolyn33 New Member

Oh HANK #1,2, & 3,,I need a nap now I'm really confused. as long as you're all the same Hank'ies hahhahaI might be able to keep up.

17. CarrieOakey

CarrieOakey New Member

Hank,

That vegemite stuff must be really good. Two years ago my husband and I went on a European tour to Germany, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary and Austria. Each time we stopped in the capital city of each country, the put us up in 4 star hotels which served phenomenal breakfasts. There was more varieties of food and drink than one person could ever sample. There were several chefs, turned out in their fancy jackets and tall chef hats serving all kinds of dishes. There was champagne. It was really, really good.

One man from Australia rejected all that and simply ate toast and vegemite that he brought with him every single day of the two weeks we were on tour. It has to be good.

18. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

Carrie, I would have to say it is an acquired taste. If you tried it as an adult you would probably gag but for those of us that grew up with it it is yummy on toast with butter.

My Canadian kids think it is disgusting. It will be interesting to know if Scott eats it as he went to Australia as an adult.

19. CarrieOakey

CarrieOakey New Member

Caroline,

I've tasted it as an adult and I didn't mind it. I like to try lots of different foods and I have come across lots worse than vegemite or marmite.

You had to see what that guy was turning down, that he had paid for that he wouldn't even try. I was gobsmacked! To each his own.

20. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

I can't believe he would turn down all that good food and opt for his vegemite either. Maybe one of those very picky and unadventurous eaters.

Good for you for trying it. Most would stop at the smell. LOL