Divurticulitis

Discussion in 'Your Front Porch' started by Rhemajoy, Dec 29, 2013.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. Rhemajoy

Rhemajoy New Member

Ok, I didn't spell it right. I haven't been in for a while, but I remember some people here having issues with diverticulitis. I was wondering if any of you have ever had any attacks and been able to make it better without going to the ER for antibiotics?

2. Rhemajoy

Rhemajoy New Member

Dang, I didn't expect to come back 3 days later with no response. :(

3. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

I only know one person who suffers from this and he has to take antibiotics as soon as he has a flare up. It's not worth the risk to wait it out.

You don't have to go to an ER; several PrimaCare type places can visit you for much less money and write you a prescription.

Take care of yourself.

4. dolfan

dolfan Active Member

Is this the one that you can't have seeds?

5. Vicki615

Vicki615 New Member

popcorn is what sets my husbands off and gives him an attack. When he does have an attack I make sure that he eats a very bland, liquid type diet for a few days until his pain subsides, but he does not have fever during his attacks so far, but he was hospitalized a few years ago due to it.

6. Rhemajoy

Rhemajoy New Member

Thanks guys. Yea, I went to the ER as most urgent care that I've ever gone to will turn me right out the door and to the ER if I go to them with symptoms like that. Anyway, they admitted me and put me on a fluid diet for a day and a half. Which I thought was strange since the very first attack I ever had was the worst. I'm not really sure what sets mine off because I stopped popcorn, seeds,nuts and everything like that soon as they told me to. They've since said nuts are ok, but I don't eat them anyway.

Now they're all wanting me to talk to a surgeon about having that part of the colon removed, since it's pretty much in the sigmoid colon. I am leery of having it done, so idk. The only other thing I can think of as a trigger is constipation or hard stool.