Distraction Came In A Small Green Form

Discussion in 'Your Writer's Den' started by burd, Sep 28, 2006.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. burd

burd New Member

All progress halted
    As I went to paint my house,
    I heard that precious croak
    I must find it.
    Following the sound
    that says "I'm happy with a full tummy"
    Contentedly snuggled up under the siding
    Sunning it's cute little tushy.
    All work comes to a halt
    for this wee one not much bigger
    than a quarter.
    The house will get painted someday
    But this moment will not last.

[​IMG]

2. charisse

charisse Been hanging here for 8 years

Re: I Was Diverted By A Frog

Terry,

I was just saying on peanuts thread how I love to watch the frogs come out at night, Then I see your frog thread :D I just love wildlife ;D

3. gardenfish

gardenfish New Member

"But this moment will not last."

Thank you for the pretty reminder, Terry. :)

4. pardonme

pardonme Guest

5. Peanut Brittle

Peanut Brittle My Twerple Has My Heart

Burd darling, don't you DARE change a THING! Those words are all yours and they're perfect and what an ADORABLE LITTLE FROG TOOSHIE! I love it, love it, LOVE IT!

... and I love a person who would take time to photograph an adorable frog toosh.

that is incredibly precious.

6. burd

burd New Member

I'm rather fond of my precious little froggies. I have taken pics of them before in different silly places around the property. Their little songs always make me smile. Some times of the year I go outside at night when they are all singing, sounds like hundreds coming from the direction of a nearby creek. It's therapy.

7. Peanut Brittle

Peanut Brittle My Twerple Has My Heart

hehehehe...

when the bullfrogs start their "joyful noise" out in the pond, I laugh out loud when I wake in the middle of the night. And the tree peepers... and the bullfrog peepers sounds different from the tree frogs and it's a real hoot.

I can't get over that adorable photo!

Frog tooshie :) :D :) :D :)

8. burd

burd New Member

When Earl and I visited a wildlife refuge near Corvallis, we took a walk around a pond. It was muddy and grassy around the edges. Every few feet we would startle a frog, there must have been hundreds of them, about the size of small child's hand. We knew each time we startled one as it would squeak first then jump in the water. We didn't see many as they blended in so well, until they jumped, and if we stood really still we might see some eyes peeking up at us from the water. All around the pond...squeak, splish, squeak, splish. :D :D
    We talk about going back to see our squeaking frogs. ;D