Difficult Situation..........Prayers Most Welcome

Discussion in 'Your Religion & Spiritual Corner' started by Mongo59r, Oct 21, 2006.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. Mongo59r

Mongo59r New Member

I just got a call from my Mother a few minutes ago and found out that my last uncle (her twin brother) from her side of the family passed this evening after a long illness. They have had a strained relationship for many years, but had managed to make peace with each other prior to today.

I will be unable to go to the funeral due to my company's bereavement policy which only covers in-laws and immediate family, and not having been there long enough to have any vacation. I can't really say I have a huge emmotional connection to him because I was never really around him much, but I do feel for my Mom in this stuation and I ask for your prayers for her and the rest of the family during a very difficult time.

Thanks,

Terry

2. rev

rev New Member

Terry,
    So sorry to hear this news. It is good to know that they had found common ground again. Grief is difficult enough when relationships are good. Unresolved issues make it so much more difficult.

I wish you could be with your mother. I know you would be if you could. Prayers for all those you have on your heart. May peace and comfort abide upon them.

3. Gwendelyn

Gwendelyn New Member

Amen

4. Linda1002

Linda1002 New Member

Terry - I'm sorry you can't be there for your Mom, but she knows you want to. Sometimes that is enough. Bless you all.

5. cowcollector

cowcollector Don't hug a tree, hug a cow!!

hugs and prayers to your mom

6. Cathy

Cathy New Member

Terry, God bless you and your mother during this difficult time. Praise God that your mother and her twin brother had that time to make peace before he passed.

7. Titus

Titus New Member

Terry, Prayers sent up for you and your mom.

8. Willie Marie

Willie Marie New Member

Praying for you and your mom. This is definitely a difficult place for both of you.

Willie Marie

9. deercharmer1

deercharmer1 Somewhere in the forest....

Terry - what a blessing that was!!!! Your mom and your family will be in my prayers...

xoxoxoxo

deercharmer

10. HeadNoise

HeadNoise Invisible Me

Sorry Terry. Prayers for your family.

11. feelbizarre

feelbizarre New Member

Sending my thoughts and prayers for your mom and the family!

12. weebeefine

weebeefine New Member

my thoughs and prayers are with you and your mom.

13. Magenta

Magenta New Member

I'm sorry Terry. Sending you and your family love, light and blessings x