Determination, Courage and Strength

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by dpa62, Apr 4, 2009.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. Dizi

Dizi New Member

Wow David.....I feel inspired after reading your post and Poppaharley's post entitled "still the greatest".

Thank you both.

2. RKostiukR

RKostiukR New Member

Permanence, perseverance and persistence in spite of all obstacles, discouragement, and impossibilities.
    It is this, that in all things distinguishes the strong soul from the weak

3. LisaB

LisaB New Member

Very nice post, David. I sure hope the job is going well! Lisa

4. DizzyMel

DizzyMel New Member

David - Its nice to hear your job as a "facilitator of smiles" is going well. I belive that this site is like a village - and that it takes us all to be able to take turns acting as anchors and/or inspirations. You do those jobs well. To you and others here, thanks!

5. dpa62

dpa62 Guest

Thanks everyone for the wonderful and inspiring commments. It's been an intense 3 weeks training for the new job and I have hit a couple of Menieres speed bumps along the way but I'm still here and I'm still going to fight this disease all the way. I may not beat it but I will not let it get the best of me.

David.

6. LisaB

LisaB New Member

Good for you David...........fight the good fight.
    They are lucky to get you.
    Lisa

7. Henrysullivan

Henrysullivan New Member

David,

I commend you for the hope your post gives to others. Akin to your experience and wisdom in fighting against your symptoms, I offer this verse from the Amplified Bible:

Proverbs 18:9

9He who is loose and slack in his work is brother to him who is a destroyer and [a]he who does not use his endeavors to heal himself is brother to him who commits suicide.

I think that the second half of that verse tells us that we should leave absolutely no stone unturned as we seek healing from various abnormal symptoms that keep us from living a normal fruitful life. In order to do that though, we ourselves must not become defeated, and others around us, loved ones, comrades and friends, must help us when we become weakened, both physically and mentally. To help folks stay mentally strong is a distinct value that this website offers us. Your post is a great testimony to that fact.

Thank you again for the words of encouragement for all who suffer and I extend warm wishes and prayers for good health and recovery to you.

Hank

8. hydrops

hydrops New Member

That's the right attitude.

When I started back to work in early 2008, I was initially disappointed in my progress. It was harder than I thought. Over time, it got easier.

Hang in there.

9. gardenfish

gardenfish New Member

read this again today and it was good medicine.

10. MedievalWriter

MedievalWriter Ryan's Rose Pvt Ryan Winslow KIA Iraq 4-2006

Blogging this thread.

Everyone needs to read what you've written, David. One of these days, we'll get through to the world what this is like.

11. dpa62

dpa62 Guest

Thank you Medieval. I agree.

David.

12. bobartex

bobartex New Member

Hello I’m new to this group I joined because I like the positive outlook. Now here’s the bit about me;

I have had Menieres for years & I’ve lost count how many times I have fallen over. I also have diabetes, heart palpitations, irritable bowel syndrome, acid influx, and in the past year due to suffering extreme stress at work and at home I have been on tablets called Amitriptyline for my nutty moments!

Other than that my life is good, I have a job in the NHS with an understanding manager and of course the other staff. I used to work with people with challenging behaviours, but I found that too stressful now I work with people who have learning disabilities and I look at their problems and think I have nothing to worry about.

Bob

13. dpa62

dpa62 Guest

I have to say that I admire you Bob because working in the type of job you have can be very stressful. I think for the most part we all have a great attitude here and we try our best to give support to each other. Welcome to the forum and I know you will learn a ton of stuff. This forum is one of the best things that ever happened to me. Welcome.

David.

14. Aladdin

Aladdin Guest

just a quick hello and hope my words find you well...

15. dpa62

dpa62 Guest

Hello Alladin, I'm doing fair thank you. Hope you are doing well also.

David.

16. buttercup

buttercup New Member

Positive attitude Bob from you, goes along way! Buttercup

17. CandyinColorado

CandyinColorado New Member

Hi, my name is Candy.
    My sister called from Ohio last night and said she'd been very sick for the last 3 weeks. She said she would fall out of bed in the morning and not be able to stand at all then she said she would be crawling into the bathroom to vomit. She's got loud ringing in her ears too. She said she feels like she's "Swimming", like underwater. And her eyes "Jump around"....
    Anyway she wound up in the emergency room several times and the doctors did some tests and they said she has Menieres Disease and something called BBP or BBK...some kind of crystals in one of her ears which they said causes "vertigo".
    She has to see an MD on the 27th this month and he's supposed to explain the Menieres to her. They sent her home yesterday evening with 6 pills of 2mg valium and something for the vomiting.
    On the 29th she flies to Vegas to work for 12 days and she'll only get 3-4 hours sleep each night. She then flies back to Ohio and 2 days later she flies out to another job in another city to work.
    She was crying on the phone last night telling me just couldn't see how she was going to do her job.
    Pam's her name and she's a "Conference Planner". These are usually government-type conferences and they must go smoothly.
    She doesn't have a computer at home so she ask me to look up "Menieres". Good grief, this is SERIOUS!!!
    Jeez. They told her NOTHING!
    I can't sleep, I just read some more stuff about Menieres. OMG, I don't know what to do.

18. CandyinColorado

CandyinColorado New Member

If anyone wants to email me here's my email address:[ [email protected] }
    God Bless each and every one of you.
    I have a disease myself, Dystonia. I do know about living with a very odd disease but this Menieres...makes Dystonia look like a head cold.

Thanks,
    Candy

19. Linda1002

Linda1002 New Member

Candy - I worry about your sister because getting enough rest is important, especially with Meniere's (we call it MM here).

Here is some info that might help your sister:

http://www.menieresresources.org/Resources/Brochures

20. buttercup

buttercup New Member

hi Candy i agree what Linda says that it is so important that your sister gets plenty of rest, at least while shes feeling like this at the moment. It will pass over. The sooner your sister gets the right support and treatments available then the more likely she will come to terms with it. Be positive and i am sure if you can gather up as much information on MM, and to reasure your sister that she is not alone with this. Perhaps may your sister may consider talking to others on this forum or even glancing through at anytime it really can make adifference. I wish your sister well. Buttercup