decadron shot

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by res0zxzo, Nov 27, 2009.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. res0zxzo

res0zxzo New Member

My ENT thinks that I may have MAV, so I started a low dose of verapamil last week. But my vertigo has been pretty bad even after taking a steroid pack the week before. I'm not sure if I have MAV or Meniere's or both, but was given the option of taking a steroid shot in the ear next week if it's still bad. My question is, if I do only have MAV, will I then see any difference from the shot? I think MAV causes ischemia and inflammation, so maybe the shot would work just as well for MAV as Meniere's?

I haven't seen any difference from the verapamil, and if anything, it's gotten worse. I'm not sure if getting worse is a good or bad thing since I do read many experiences from people on this forum where symptoms do get worse then better.

2. sirlanc

sirlanc New Member

as far as i know Calcium Channel Blockers (like Verapamil) take some time to work (up to a few weeks) and its critical to be on the right dosage, again from my research 1mg per one pound of body weight is the general rule. Please consult on these factors with your Doctor.