"Deadly Immunity" by Robert Kennedy

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Taximom5, Jan 5, 2011.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. vikinggal011

vikinggal011 New Member

A lot of people in Oregon choose not to vaccinate at all and I mean at all. Almost a third of this one city in Oregon does not vaccinate at all.

2. Taximom5

Taximom5 New Member

According to Wakefield, it was the hospital who a patent, not, he, and it was not for a vaccine, but for a treatment for a persistent measles infection:

from http://zh-cn.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=443941357867 a transcript of an interview, Don Imus and Andrew Wakefield

IMUS: There was also a criticism that you had your own vaccine .. something to replace the MMR .. or .. am I off base here?

DR. W: No, that's absolutely right. It was an allegation by the same journalist, which really goes to prove that a very little knowledge can be a very, very dangerous thing. What the medical school had was a patent .. not me .. the medical school had a patent to treat persistent measles virus infection. In other words -- if you had a child -- because their immune system was weak .. could not get rid of the virus .. say from the vaccine .. and .. it hung around in the body, causing disease .. then, there was a patent on an over-the-counter nutritional supplement called "Transfer-factor" which helps boost the immune system and get rid of the virus. That is what the patent was for. "

Bottom line--unless we see the application for a patent for a vaccine, IN WAKEFIELD'S NAME, all we have here is "he said she said," with no proof.

This is all in the transcripts of the GMC hearing. What I saw in those transcripts was the patent for the transfer factor, with Brian Deere presenting it as a vaccine. Wakefield denied that it was a vaccine, and said that it was a treatment for persistent measles infection.

But we have the press saying that he applied for a patent for a vaccine. They never show proof of that, however.

3. Taximom5

Taximom5 New Member

If this has been going on for a long time, than that would be the perfect setting for a vaccinated vs. unvaccinated study!

4. Taximom5

Taximom5 New Member

I go to suchn institutions several times a year to do music programs for the residents. About 5% of the residents are autistic. The rest have other serious problems. Most are in wheelchairs. If there hasn't been such a huge increase, then where are the autistic adults? I mean the profoundly autistic adults, the ones who need lifelong care? THEY ARE NOT IN THE INSTITUTIONS IN ANYWHERE NEAR THE NUMBERS THAT PROFOUNDLY AUTISTIC CHILDREN ARE IN MY NEIGHBORHOOD.

5. vikinggal011

vikinggal011 New Member

I'm not talking about necessarly profoud Autism, no need to shout either. I'm not talking about people in wheelchairs either, just people with Autism.

6. Wino

Wino Resident Honey Badger

Right, which is why I believe the numbers are fast and loose. I've seen some suggest that autism is as prevalent as 1 in 67 kids (an absurd statistic, IMO) and others saying it's more like 1 in 100. But when these numbers are cited, they are cited as people "in the spectrum." That covers from people who are profoundly autistic (my cousin) to "quirky" (my nephew). And once we get to the far reaches of the spectrum it can get real murky as to whether it is truly autism at all. The numbers can be played with very easily.

7. vikinggal011

vikinggal011 New Member

Exactly! A lot of people have weird quirks. I saw an Autistic girl at my eye doctor appointment on Tuesday and I mean you could tell right away that she had Autism; but that doesn't mean that she needed special attention in a classroom; she's probably got an IQ in the 140s but she had quirks. I know two kids who are a couple years older than I am who have Autism, one of them drives me up the wall so bad I had to delete him off FB; he just is insensitive, rude, and is always comparing himself to me.

8. June-

June- New Member

All you have to do is collect the data. Why are the organizations not doing this? Is it because there is no longer mercury in childhood vaccinations?
    '
    These discussions get so broad they have no real meaning other than to choose sides and fight.

9. Ladysmokeater

Ladysmokeater Peace be with you my friend

One of the theroies on Autism is that is is inherited in the X chromosome and that when boys get the gene for it there is not another X chromosome to have something dominant to make them only a carrier. I dont buy that entirely and most sciencetists dont either.
    Most studies show a HUGE difference in the numbers of boys vs. girls with high-functioning Autism or Aspergers Syndrome (AS). One of the most widely accepted theroies in education and pyscology today is made of two parts: One: society doesnt put the same expectations on "shy" girls as they do boys so the social akwardness and aloofness is not noticed as a problem, Two: girls process things differently than boys and tend to withdraw (be shy) more than boys who tend to act out and recieve attention that leads to testing that leads to a diagnosis. Just a factoid for ya'll since my Thesis is on the differences between Males and Females with High Functioning Autism, I kinda know a little about it. :)
    No one knows what "causes" Autism. As in other threads, I have made reference to some good theroies, and you can research some of them too. I have spend several years doing just that, and the last year and a half gathering information far too much to post here. I will be happy to give you a copy of my literature review if you PM me.

10. Ladysmokeater

Every vacination I have ever had, that I remember, and every one that I have seen given to neices and nephews have had paperwork that said may cause whatever and it gives a list. Most do list the possiblilty of a neurological reaction. Just like my birth control says I am at risk of blood clots. Its in the fine print. The flu shot lists Gillian-Barre syndrome, which is neurological and can kill you. I know a lady that got it from a flu shot and she had had the shot every year for years before with no ill effect.

As for the videos, I can video the kid I worked with today and make him seem SO normal, and video him tommrow after he ate a pudding cup and show how he is autistic. Im not saying the videos are altered, Im saying they dont give a full picture. They cant. The studies have shown again and again that the vaccine isnt the cause and many times other things happen that cause these problems that go undetected.
    A good example my cousin "C". C was getting along just fine, then BAM one day she has this wild change in personality, starts setting fires, trying to cut herself. No one could figure out what had made such a DRASTIC change in a 9 year old like that. She got help, and calmed down then one night her sister witnessed her have a seizure in her sleep. BAM, Another MAJOR personality change. She became withdrawn and shakey. They ran all kinds of tests then after the seizure and found she had had two STROKES. She had another at 13. It made personality and learning changes in her that were LITERALLY overnight. They dont do MRI's or CT scans on kids who show the signs of Autism because generally speaking nothing shows up. They get to an developmental milestone area and regress or platue. Case after case shows this. The 24 hours to a different kid may be like my cousins little girl and be something different. Maybe a seizure, a stroke, or nothing. There is no way to know if it would have happened without the vaceen. But I can promise you the chances are VERY high to have a deaf or blind child (or more handicapped) if you get meseals when you are pregnate. And Advil during pregnancy causes a specific heart defect most of the time. I can list tons of things that can harm us, and tons of things that might not. I get a flu shot every year because I worked in emergency services, and now I am in the school system. I still get sick, though often not as bad. I have a TB test every few years too. There are risks of allergic reaction. I take blood pressure meds that can cause problems. I take a water pill that might make my potassium drop and cause a heart attack. Its all in the fine print. Its there, most folks dont care to read about it, because its not common. And most of us take the chances because the benifits outweigh the risks. Do I want Polio? No, my aunt had it and she has to wear a leg brace even now and she is 80. Do I want Chicken Pox, no, but I had it before the vaceen and I might get shingles and I so DONT want that! (My other aunt gets shingles alot. painful!). Its a risk we take.

11. Taximom5

Taximom5 New Member

RH, the chicken pox vaccine does not protect you from shingles, as it is a live virus vaccine.

12. Taximom5

Taximom5 New Member

Yes, but do you remember exactly what is on that list? I kept the papers that came with the form I had to sign. The papers all said exactly the same thing: "risks include redness and swelling at injection site, fever, and irritability." That was it.

The form I had to sign simply said that I had been informed of the risks.

The package insert that comes with the vaccine does list the other risks you mention, such as Guillaine-Barre (which killed my colleague's sister). But they don't show the package insert to the parents.

13. Ladysmokeater

The paperwork we got said Guillaine-Barre was a risk for the Flu shot. The possible sideeffects for other vacines I have had have been more detailed than the paperwork your doc gave you. I didnt get my MMR until I was 18 and it was required for college. I went and was given two pages of stuff about side effects, when to call the doctor, etc. That's why we didnt panic when I had the "rare" reaction I had. I brokeout in a rash and ran a high fever. The paperwork said less than 10% did this and to call the doc. We did, he was suprized and told me to take tylanol for the fever and see him if it got worse or didnt subside in a couple days. The side effects I had with the HepB were NOT on the paperwork or on the "fine print" stuff the doc gets. They didnt know what to make of it when I got sick. Nothing serious, I just felt really bad.
    The health dept, and the local hospital system here have been really good about giving out lots of information.
    I was told if you never got the chicken pox because you had the vaceen you typically wouldnt get the shingles. Never looked into it, just figured it made sense. Still dont want them! :)

14. Taximom5

Taximom5 New Member

I don't blame you at all. I had shingles when I was in my 20's, and it was horrible--far worse than labor.

I had them a few weeks after getting Hep B, MMR, DPT, and gamma globulin (was told I needed these for travel to China--actually, it was supposed to be Hep A, but the doctor said they were out of Hep A, and that they would give me Hep B instead). The same week, my thyroid stopped working, and I started having reactions to gluten.

Immediately after the vaccine, I only had redness and swelling at the injections sites--but the gamma globulin (which was given to me in my hip, don't know why) and one other site swelled up ENORMOUSLY (we're talking the size of a small grapefruit). But the doctor said not to worry about it.

According to emedicinehealth.com: Anyone who has had the chickenpox infection or chickenpox vaccine (live attenuated virus) may carry the herpes zoster virus that causes shingles. Older people (over 50 years of age), those with cancer, HIV, or organ transplant, or people who have a decreased ability to fight off infection due to stress or immune deficiency have a greater chance of getting shingles.

They also say: It is thought that when a person has a weakened immune system or when their immunity to the varicella virus is diminished the virus can reactivate to inflame a nerve and cause shingles.

So if you have the chickenpox vaccine, and don't want shingles, you would have to have chickenpox booster vaccines to keep your immunity up. I'm told that that is what the shingles vaccine is anyway, a chicken pox booster, but I haven't looked it up, so I'm not sure.

There is some information and history on the chicken pox vaccine here: http://vran.org/about-vaccines/specific-vaccines/chickenpox-vaccine/chickenpox-and-its-vaccine/
    and an article from India blaming a rise in chicken pox cases on the vaccine and on...the weather? herehttp://www.expressindia.com/latest-news/Vaccines-weather-to-blame-for-rising-chicken-pox-cases/334700/

15. Taximom5

Taximom5 New Member

RH, if you never have had chicken pox, but had the vaccine, you might want to consider getting a titre at some point, to see what your antibody level is like. If it is low, you may need a booster (seriously--don't faint, Intrepid!).

Chicken pox can be much more serious in an adult than in a child. But I would not get the vaccine unless you knew your antibody level was down, as you have had adverse reactions to some vaccines already, albeit mild ones.

16. John of Ohio

John of Ohio New Member

The role of vitamin D deficiency in the exploding number of autism cases cannot be overlooked. Interestingly, the expansion of autism cases closely parallels the published and broadcast cautions against exposure to sunlight and the expanded use of sun screens.

For those interested, read the many reports on vitamin D’s role in the prevention, and in some cases, reversal, of autism at the Vitamin D Council’s site on the subject:

http://www.vitamindcouncil.org/health/autism/autism-information.shtml

–John of Ohio

17. Taximom5

Taximom5 New Member

Thanks, John! And don't forget that vitamin D deficiency depletes glutathione levels--and those with depleted glutathione cannot effectively excrete heavy metals (like, from vaccines)...

18. Ladysmokeater

oh no, I had chicken pox twice as a kid. First Grade I had a mild, mild case. Fifth Grade I had a severe case, a full year after the kids I went to school with had theirs. But my sister had it the same year I did, two weeks before me I think. Anyhow, I was a sick puppy for over a week. Not good at all.

19. Taximom5

Taximom5 New Member

It might be worth researching both the shingles vaccine and the chicken pox vaccine to find out exactly what the difference is.

From what I've read, the idea seems to be that those who are frequently re-exposed to chicken pox do not develop shingles because their immune system has been given a "booster effect" by such exposures. With nearly all children being given chicken pox vaccines, older adults are no longer being re-exposed, and their immune systems supposedly lose their edge on herpes zoster.

Hence the shingles vaccine--it supposedly provides a "booster effect" to the immune system.

What concerns me is, it is unknown who is at risk of developing shingles vs who is at risk for having a severe adverse effect from a vaccine.

Shingles is very serious. It's not life-threatening--but dang, it FEELS like it is. I've never had suicidal thoughts in my life except when I was nearly a week into an extremely severe case of shingles. And in older people, and those with compromised immune systems, it IS life-threatening.

So--I don't know what the best thing to do is. Difficult decision. I wonder if vitamins C and D are successful in preventing shingles?