"Deadly Immunity" by Robert Kennedy

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Taximom5, Jan 5, 2011.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. vikinggal011

vikinggal011 New Member

I wanted to add to this that I live in Oregon and just learned this week that we have the highest number of children with Autism in the US. A lot of people here choose not to vaccinate; I wonder then why would there be so many kids with Autism and nobody vaccinates here anymore?

2. June-

June- New Member

All these things seem like clues. What is it about Oregon .... I think it would be very interesting to see the geographic distribution.

3. KTabc

KTabc Cheese Head Dumbass

Statics can be stated in many different ways. How many austic children have recieved vaccine?

How many normal children have not received vaccines? What is the gentic/dna make-up of each person? Everyone reacts differently. I just think too much blind-faith is put into the doctors and pharmacy.

4. vikinggal011

vikinggal011 New Member

Oregon's just weird; I don't like living here at all. Basically a bunch of people who haven't realized that the 1960s was 50 years ago. We never see any sunshine and everybodies albino. But other than the sarcasm; most people are white. Autism also tends to affect males more than females; at about a 4X greater rate. Which says to me it's genetic.

5. June-

June- New Member

It is. But as long as investigators only look at mercury pro or con they aren't going to find the problem. Perhaps there is some industry out there that suspects they are the problem and they don't want to be looked at closely so they keep encouraging people to fixate on inoculations. Just like on this forum we didn't find answers by settling the question of whether doctors are good or bad, we found answers by looking at everything we could, sharing experiences, working with dr's who would work with us. Fights are to keep people busy and out of the way. THey don't discover much.

6. June-

June- New Member

Don't come to w PA. THe sun never shines, everyone thinks it's the 50's and when all else fails they go hunting. :D I don't know if the autism rate is higher here or not. It would be interesting. As for males, yeah, but there have always been males. Why are they suddenly being born with autism at such a high rate? I think there is probably a genetic disposition that makes them susceptible but that an environmental trigger has to be there too and whatever it is, is more prevalent than it used to be.

7. Wino

Wino Resident Honey Badger

That's only a small part of it, in terms of Wakefield's issues. Interestingly, Wakefield was desperately trying to establish a link between measles (not ethylmercury) and autism, and he spoke with seemingly great conviction in asserting that such a link exists. Of course, he left out the fact that he was trying to patent his own measles vaccine at the time he was conducting his "studies." I could write a rather lengthy dissertation on all of the issues swirling around Wakefield.

8. June-

June- New Member

But it wouldn't tell us anything about the cause of autism. What do you know about the cause of autism?

9. Wino

I know no more than anyone else would know. It's largely still a mystery to even the most credentialed of experts (the intellectually honest ones). My personal point of view is that it's a genetic issue ("bad protoplasm" as some docs call it). Whether there might be environmental triggers or not -- and whether those triggers might be completely natural everyday things vs. laboratory-created things -- is where I'm undecided (but lean towards not).

10. June-

June- New Member

Why the increase then? I am old enough to have seen several generations come along and I believe that it has increased a lot.

11. Wino

It's hard to say, because I am not honestly sure whether there is an actual increase or not. I think between refining diagnostic techniques, expanding definitions, etc., it's merely getting diagnosed more frequently as opposed to actually occurring more frequently.

12. KTabc

But does it really explain the huge increase in autism? More triggers? More compromised immune system would be a guess with some valid points? Too much exposure to toxins?

13. vikinggal011

vikinggal011 New Member

They could have just not had a label for Autism; like they do with ADHD now or people were instiutionalized. My dad went to school with an autistic young man so Autism was possible before people were vaccinated.

14. KTabc

I don't think expanding the diagnostic definitions can explain that huge of an increase. We are doing something to our bodies and this is the way the body reacts--

15. vikinggal011

vikinggal011 New Member

It's a really specific diagnosis; there's 3 or 4 things a child must have to be diagnosed with Autism and it is often misdiagnosed.

16. June-

June- New Member

I would think that but I have been around since before it became prevalent. Label or no, this is just something that wasn't common in my growing up years. I don't think the doctors and scientists dispute this albeit some hasty labels applied sometimes.

17. vikinggal011

vikinggal011 New Member

But what if they were institutionalized? I'm taking a Special Ed class right now and if you ask anybody prior to 1975 they will say they never saw children with disabilities.

18. June-

June- New Member

Check the literature and I think you will see that the scientists agree there is a true upsurge in the number of children with autism. Even though many more people were institutionalized the stats are there.

19. Taximom5

Taximom5 New Member

But those autism rates are based on kids born and diagnosed before 2007. It is true that more people are choosing to skip or delay vaccinations, but that is a very recent trend--only in the last few years.

Most of the people who have been "choosing to not vaccinate" usually choose to skip or delay some vaccines (like the flu shots) rather than all, yet all are lumped into the "not vaccinating" category.

There are also multiple causes (the "perfect storm") of autism. More and more research points to Vitamin D deficiency as playing a huge role in vaccine reaction--and the Pacific Northwest gets less sunlight than almost anywhere else in the US. Minnesota and Rochester, NY have similar amounts of cloud cover--and similarly sky-high rates of autism. There are also other sources of heavy metal toxicity besides for vaccines.

20. June-

June- New Member

That's the kind of thing I was wondering about and where I thought geographic data would be interesting. Is anyone in the field studying that at present?