DBL support group ... everyone welcome!

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Mnme, Oct 31, 2007.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. ariapace

ariapace New Member

milo,
    do you have the davies book? that's a good resource to find where trigger points are located and what the different muscles are, etc.

www.triggerpointbook.com

according to davies (p. 20), trigger points range in size from a pinhead to a pea, although in a large muscle, like the thigh, it could feel like a lump the size of a thumb. you might be able to feel the knot, or lump, or you may not be able to feel it. however, you will feel pain when you press on a trigger point.

2. Trinity

Trinity Bilateral Menieres 20 years, 24-7 symptoms,

Hi I have Lee's wonderful book and am almost through reading it. I know that it will take more time and reading to digest all the information. After seeing my ENT today and the many doctors I have seen in the past, I know that the medical field has nothing to offer me. He clearly stated that I am in the End stage of bilateral MM and have suffered severe hearing and balance loss. No cure. My life is too valuable to give up and live with this misery. I hope that we can create a forum that consists of people who have the book and believe that Lee's methods can help. We all need something to hang on to and have hope for some relief of these Life altering symptoms. I was looking forward to the beginning of the year when we would be discussing the book chapter by chapter. I am not clear now if this is going to happen. Please keep me informed. I am very interested in being a part of a positive approach to at least finding some relief. Carole Levy [email protected]

3. ariapace

ariapace New Member

oops, i pressed the wrong button !

4. SpinininOhio

SpinininOhio New Member

Sorry if I am coming up from the rear, but I have not been able to get online for a while.

For months and months and months and months and... we have begged and pleaded with Lee to publish her book so we could understand her thoughts that have led to her wellness. "Lee, when is your book going to be out... what is taking so long... we really want this... come on....when is the book going to be out... when is the book going to be out.... when is the book going to be out.

The book is out.

Now we are saying, "It's not for free. I want it for free. I don't like what you say. It's too simple. You're just doing this to make money. You only see one way. I want to do it MY way (which will quickly be followed by) See it doesn't work. Why are you forcing your ideas on us in this thread I've chosen to read. Who died and left you in charge." Whaaa whaa whaa whaa whaaaaaaa. Whaaa.

Maybe I am naive, but I don't think Lee is saying, I mean really saying (don't waste your time going back through pages of information to copy specific quotes) that hers is the ONLY way. What she is saying is don't jump off of the cliff yet. You may not have to jump off the cliff yet. TRY THIS FIRST. TRY it. JUST, simply, try it... first. And try it the way I have intended in its entirety because I have lived it and researched it and tried a whole bunch of other ways and this is the best way I've found to do it. Sort of like baking a Lee's Supreme Chocolate Cake. Okay, you can use rice flour instead of wheat (sorry non-glutens), you can use vanilla instead of chocolate, you can bake it at 325 for 15 minutes instead of 350 for one hour because that's worked for you in the past or you know better than Lee how to bake a cake... You can even take shortcuts because you've tried some of the ingredients before, but in the end you will not get Lee's Supreme Chocolate Cake. You will get much different results.

I think that if people did try Lee's way as it is offered for a reasonable length of time, a great number of people who are now lining up to get horrific surgeries would see results that are astounding enough to prevent the surgeries. Not everyone, a great number. Enough to make trying it first the most viable course.

Enough to understand that the difficulty that Lee and Diane are having is that they see people jumping off of cliffs when they don't have to. That has to be excruciatingly frustrating. And because they see this as such a viable first line option, they may just be a little defensive regarding criticisms by people who haven't even had time to try the regimen yet (very personal criticisms that basically say "why are you so narrow minded and money grabbing" - Nassman, the unfounded accusations about Lee's husband's thread being a veiled marketing attempt - really!).

My take is that this thread probably is exclusive. It is a sort of a clique. And that is not Lee or Diane saying this. It is (if I can quote you guys) me, and Titus, and Ariaspace, and the others looking for details that we believe may be able to prevent us from jumping off of that cliff. For those who are more apt to argue all sides of a given theory (yes, there is a need for this too - you bet, I would read it too), why not start a separate "Why I think DBL is not the answer" thread, and let us get on with the work of the details of this as we desire on this particular thread.

Nass, I will let you know personally, the day symptoms come back. I have to think though that when a person is as well as possible and eliminating as many possible triggers as they can including skeletal/muscular ones, that the likelihood of symptoms returning has to be much less than in others not doing these things. When I was working, we had meetings with independent retailers carrying our product. One outspoken fellow kept saying, "don't advertise that. It doesn't work. It doesn't pull people in. It's stupid." Then one day, someone said, "but, Larry, you don't even sell that product, how would you know?" Nassman, you have said so many times that you don't have Meniere's and don't have many of the symptoms (you deal with overall dizziness problems, but have never had vertigo for instance), yet under the filmy guise of protecting others you rail so often against solutions that just may help people with Meniere's and classic Meniere's symptoms - ones that are non-invasive.

Now, about those trigger points. I have the darndest time trying to find the pea-sized ones. Maybe I haven't gotten my muscles calmed down to the point of finding them...

Spininin

PS: Regarding the concept of moving this thread to the DBL site. Good idea. Let's also send the John of Ohio threads to the John of Ohio site, and the laby threads to the laby site, and the migraine associated vertigo threads to the migraine site, and the VNS threads to the VNS site, and the chiro threads to a chiro site, and the coping skills threads to a coping skills site, and the threads and posts that criticize possible solutions for some without offering better ideas, let's send them to... hmmm, not sure on that one . Don't be absurd.

5. burd

burd New Member

Very well said Spinin!

6. milo

milo New Member

Yes. Well put Spinnin. Yours is the only post longer than 5 sentences that I actually read.

I hope we can now keep this thread close to its original purpose, ie support and as the tag line says everyone welcome!!

I will spend part of today reviewing the book and maybe doing the leg up excersize and try to find a trigger point or 2.

7. Henrysullivan

Henrysullivan New Member

Dear Miss Spinininnin...

I have missed you and am ever so gratified whenever you are able to return. What wonderful remarks. You are a star.

Hank

8. ToniG

ToniG Guest

"PS: Regarding the concept of moving this thread to the DBL site. Good idea. Let's also send the John of Ohio threads to the John of Ohio site, and the laby threads to the laby site, and the migraine associated vertigo threads to the migraine site, and the VNS threads to the VNS site, and the chiro threads to a chiro site, and the coping skills threads to a coping skills site, and the threads and posts that criticize possible solutions for some without offering better ideas, let's send them to... hmmm, not sure on that one . Don't be absurd."

Odd.....John Of Ohio, laby threads, MAV, VNS don't claim their methods are a cure all. Better ideas? Who? Where? There is no cure for menieres, only burn out or remission.

9. kass

kass New Member

"let's send them to... hmmm, not sure on that one"

Oceanbreeze, may I suggest in line with your bizarre attitude, you burn them at the stake !

Furthermore.

Mmmm "Political correctness is tyranny with manners."  

Manners, manners, I don't see any display of manners coming from your self appointed 'holier than thou' superior attitude, with NOT ONE AUTHENTIC ORIGINAL IDEA OR CONCEPT being offered by you to your fellow sufferers in your 2218 postings - Just a good old dose of Green-Eye delivered in the voice of tyranny.

In the land down-under, sun and surfs up - I'm off to catch a wave and rejoice in my wellness - thanks Lee, my dear sweet and courageous friend.

Kass

www.discoveringbodylogic.com

10. ToniG

ToniG Guest

Kass- I've never had a confrontation with you in your 45 posts. Odd to attack me since I voiced my opinion. I'm not a doctor and neither is anyone else on this forum. Amazing lay people can find the cure for menieres. None of the ideas in this thread are original nor a cure for menieres.

I am not pc, therefore you chastize me and are a tyrannt because I don't agree with you. Jealous? Of what??? I have an issue with posters marketing products on a site that isn't paid for by them. I have an issue with a constant sales pitch. It's quite simple to leave a webpage in a siggie.

Enjoy your wellness.

11. Julie

Julie New Member

My life is too valuable to give up and live with this misery. I hope that we can create a forum that consists of people who have the book and believe that Lee's methods can help. We all need something to hang on to and have hope for some relief of these Life altering symptoms. I was looking forward to the beginning of the year when we would be discussing the book chapter by chapter. I am not clear now if this is going to happen. Please keep me informed. I am very interested in being a part of a positive approach to at least finding some relief. Carole Levy [email protected]
    [/quote]
    Me too Carole!!

Julie

12. Amethyst

Amethyst She believed she could, so she did.

I hope all of you looking for a kind, supportive forum to discuss DBL topics realize that dream. You deserve to have a somewhere to discuss the topic openly without recrimination. I'm not sure whether or not it's possible to have such a forum embedded within this larger one. We are a bunch of intelligent, well informed people with our own strong opinions so avoiding negative comments here may be a difficult, if not impossible proposition. Having the DBL forum indendent of this forum is probably the best possible solution - there are ways to get that done cheaply from what I understand. Perhaps someone here might want to consider heading that charge.

Hopefully I'll see you around there sometime.

Amethyst

13. Henrysullivan

Henrysullivan New Member

Julie and Carole,

I will do whatever I can to try and help. I am familiar with the concepts Lee has written about. If I do not know an answer to one of your questions, I will tell you, but I will also try to find out the answer. If I have any knowledge that I think you might help you, I will convey that as well. I believe others who have knowledge on the subject matter will jump in as well. So if you have any specific questions, please use this thread to ask them. I have much confidence in the principles Lee has written about, confidence born in successful implementation of those principles. I hold hope for anyone who is willing to try treatments that have worked for others.

14. Titus

Titus New Member

Dear Group,

I will be starting a chapter-by-chapter DBL exploration and exchange thread on January 1. We will discuss one chapter per week. Many of you participated in the wellness thread I started a couple of years ago. Sarita continued the thread when I got too busy at work. We've had many threads such as this on the forum. We went through the bible in the Spiritual Support room and studied a couple other books chapter-by-chapter in that room as well. The DBL thread will work the same way. Each week we will focus on a specific chapter. Hopefully, we will share, support, discuss, and make discoveries! I suspect that we will build on the ideas, methods, and techniques in Lee's book.

I'm hoping this journey will be a positive and productive experience for all involved. As in the Wellness Thread, some will be regulars, some visitors, some observers.....all welcome.

Best wishes and positive thoughts to all!

Kim Titus

15. Trinity

Trinity Bilateral Menieres 20 years, 24-7 symptoms,

Thank you Henry for your support and a special thanks to Kim Titus. If I can help in any way to get this discussion going, please let me know.

I do have a question for Henry: I am in the end stages of MM. I have severe hearing loss in both ears, tinnitus and pressure and continual fluctuation and sound sensitivity. I just had complete balance testing and did not get dizzy. The ENT told me that the report did show dizziness and that is probably why I have a lousy light headed feeling all the time, but no fall down vertigo. I think my eyes and feet have compensated for my balance. I am very active. My question is this: Every doctor I have seen pushes diuretics. They do nothing for me. I have given them a three month trial numerous times. I recently went off them and I notice no difference in my symptoms. The ENT suggests that I stay on them anyway. Doesn't make much sense to me since they irrate my bladder. How many people with end stage MM and no active vertigo still take a daily diuretic? Thanks Carole

16. oaktree8

oaktree8 New Member

Thanks Titus, for stepping up--I'll be there on January 1! I'm looking forward to it!

17. Henrysullivan

Henrysullivan New Member

Hi Carole,

I was prescribed diuretics as well. They never affected my symptoms either. They only resulted in my passing out at a job on a hot day in August 2006. I learned that day that when you are dehydrated, you are not necessarily thirsty.

Although they did nothing for me, and I discontinued them pronto after than event, you have to make the decisions for you. I would be wrong to encourage you not to take medicine prescribe by your medical doctor.

I expect that your feeling of light headedness could be a result of a nerve impingement on your vestibulocochlear nerve, somewhere near the brainstem. If that is the case, Lee's program of trigger points and stretching could easily help you. In addition to that, here's a website for you to check out. Perhaps try the stretching exercies:

http://www.pressurepointer.com/pain_reference_chart.htm

Don't be thrown off by the reference to pain. Pain is just one symptom related to impinged cranial nerves.

Check back after you have been able to try those exercises for a few days. Let us know how you are doing.

Good luck.

18. Titus

Titus New Member

For those of you without books, I will attempt to summarize the key points and you should be able to gather more information from the discussion. When Charisse did the Joyce Meyer book, there were folks participating who didn't have the book and it worked out just fine. Maybe by then, someone finished reading the book will lend it to you.

Having active trigger points almost guarantees your condition will improve.....if you're willing to do the work. I say this from experience. I'll be the first to say that I never gave it my all and am one of those people who "settled" for being functional. I have multiple health challenges, including chronic fatigue so I'll be a great test case. I do know that my massage therapist can decrease my dizziness when she works hard on my trigger points. but if I stay away for a couple of months, the first treatment really aggravates my symptoms. Meanwhile, I watch my husband faithfully work on his trigger points with the theracane day in and day out.