Daily noise & Head Pressure

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by cooner, Oct 4, 2006.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. cooner

cooner New Member

Hi- My name is Cooner. I would like to tell my story. I have had Menieres for about 18 years. It started out with a vertigo attack plus vomiting( my stomach could not handle it at all) lost of balance(I mean I had to hang on to the wall to walk)or my husband. I usually was very tired for a day or two. I did not have much tinnitus at that time. Another year when by and another attack, finally I was told that maybe I had Menieres. But the hard part was no help for it. I was put on a water pill which I do take as of this day. I also am on a low-salt diet. I used to like salty things alot. Now I can hardly stand the taste if it gets to much salt. You do adjust to some things. I have worked at a job all these years until last December 2005 I retired at that time. I was very thankful to have been able to work all those year.s I really did not miss alot of work because of Menieres but I had some rough days. Finally four years ago in the summer (It seems I feel worse in the summer months) I was in a terrible state. I finally found a doctor that prescribe me the Menitte Device. It took awhile but finally I got things under control and I have not had a vertigo attack since. I used to feel lightheaded all the time too, but I got over that also. Thank my Lord for that. (I pray alot it really helps) Now I suffer mostly from daily head pressure and noise. Doctors think it is some sort of headache but I don't think so. I can't seem to get much relief from these conditions. I am thankful I can get up everyday and do about anything I want to do. I also have a feeling of weekness in my body most of the time. So much for that. Does anyone have the head pressure and Noise? ANYTHING HELP??? My body has differently gotten adjusted to everything. So long for now. Happy to be able to talk to everyone. I would differently recommended the Meniette if anyone has alot of dizzyness.

2. tucker

tucker The Meniere's DVD Guy!

thanks for posting, Cooner

I have no idea what helps with the ear pressure and the noise...if you can figure it out let me know.

I am glad the M. Device worked for you, I tried it for 8 months, no effect...such is life.

Is the noise tinnitus?.... I have a cd of white noise that I play at nite to get to sleep.....otherwise I am up all nite tossing and turning.

Actuallu my Dr increased my water pill to help with the inner ear pressure....and it has helped...except...I have to go PPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

take care
    Tuck

3. Linda1002

Linda1002 New Member

Hi Cooner and welcome -

Other than Meniere's, pressure and tinnitus can be caused by things such as MAV (migraine associated vertigo). Headaches can be silent.

Here's more info:

http://www.dizziness-and-balance.com/disorders/central/migraine/mav.html

http://www.menieres.org/jacki/jackis70.htm

It is possible to have both.

4. Amethyst

Amethyst She believed she could, so she did.

Hi Cooner,

I just wanted to say hi - welcome to the forum. It's great that you posted and I hope we hear from you again.

Amethyst

5. Dixie Chick

Dixie Chick New Member

Just wanted to say welcome to the family.
    Hope you find something that helps I have never found any thing form my noise and pressure. So if you do let me know.

Hugs

6. Gwendelyn

Gwendelyn New Member

Welcome Cooner.

I wish I had some advice for you on the pressure and tinnitus but I don't.

Gwen

7. Erosangel

Erosangel New Member

Welcome Cooner.

I can't give you any advice I wish I could. The white noise doesn't work for me. Wish you all the best.

8. SMC

SMC Look for the footprints in the sand......

White noise does help me at night. I listen to the roar of the ocean's waves and it kinda drowns out the roar in my head. Nothing seems to help with the pressure though. Sorry I don't have any words of wisdom for you but I can say welcome to the forum. This place has been a true blessing to me.
    hugs,
    SherryC