Cures I have tried- new member

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by gfsound, Jul 8, 2013.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. jimmykicker

jimmykicker New Member

Likewise....Dr. Gacek asked me about cold sores and such. I had a bout where I kept getting them for MONTHS....seemed like my wife (now ex) and I passed them back and forth for about a year....no joke. Well, after my divorce I was involved with a woman...one that I still love very much, that has some mental disturbances...perhaps borderline personality disorder. Very sweet, loyal and wonderful....most of the time. When she was not, she was nasty, hateful, mean spirited, accusational....lots of really bad stuff that I put up with for a year. Violent and raging. I was unprepared as to how to deal with someone like her. I started to have chest pains in May 2012...at 40.... and went to the doctor and had a stress test. Turned out my problems were stress from dealing with her. Things finally ended VERY badly in June 2012, and I have not seen her since. I don't want to get into what happened, but the loss and the way things ended made me feel crazy because of the way borderlines can affect people they are involved with. I was stressed out emotionally like I had never been before. 2 months later....Symptoms started. Don't know if it is related or not, but Dr. Gacek seems to think stress is one factor what makes the problem "come to a head" after a remission or for the first time when it has laid dormant. I was still pretty depressed even months later when it got worse. I have really learned to try to put that all to bed as hard as it has been for the sake of my health and my precious hearing. Maybe for some it is another illness or infection that brings it out. There seems to be a pattern there too, but who is to say? Hardly scientific. Purely speculative.

james

2. VickiS

VickiS New Member

Lee Mickle used to be an active member of this forum and wrote a book about what helped her, I'll post the link in case it's helpful for you http://www.discoveringbodylogic.com/

3. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

A lot of the stuff surrounding the Spring protocol got a lot of flack on the medical forums. As does a lot of other info shared.

You can contact Prof Bill Gibson, U of Sydney in Australia if you choose, as he is doing some work with the protocol.

It is a new approach so there isn't much literature yet as it is in the early stages.

4. gfsound

gfsound New Member

Yes, I definitely noticed that. I plan on doing my own research on any treatment method I decide to pursue, including Springs. Thank you for the advice and point of contact!

5. gfsound

gfsound New Member

Dana White/Regenokine treatment update.

Here is what I have found out:

"Regenokine treatment can significantly reduce the symptoms of Meniere’s disease. However, the primary indication for the treatment is osteoarthritis and low back pain. We are only able to administer the treatment if you have one of these conditions, along with the Meniere’s."

I received this info from an LA clinic that offers Regenokine, and has ties to Wehling (one of the Dr.'s at the clinic in Germany where White went for treatment). So I suppose I am not a candidate, as I have neither osteoarthritis nor low back pain. Anyone willing to come punch me in the lower back? :)

Anyway, hopefully this info will help someone else. Back to the drawing board for me!

6. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

Everyone has some degree of back pain. Just go lift heavy stuff and I assure you DOMS will ensure you get some degree of pain. That qualifies you to hop on a plane to Deutschland and take one for the MM team ;D

7. gfsound

gfsound New Member

HAHA! GREAT idea! I just applied for a part time job as a piano mover. Sprechen sie deutsch, anyone?

8. wonderin

wonderin New Member

Thanks for remembering me Vicki! :)

If it helps, what worked for me was a to change my tack completely. I was like you gfsound that I spent a small fortune trying what I thought was everything. But no matter what I did, I kept getting worse. Then one day I literally gave up. It was the most incredible feeling of just letting go that I can describe. I finally accepted that no one was going to help me... thinking that was it - a life stuck in bed with the most horrific symptoms.

But the strangest thing happened. Have you ever watched the movie 'The Truman Show'? 'Giving up' was kind of like at the end of that movie where he bumps into the fake wall at the end of the 'ocean'. I devoured everything I read on this forum looking for answers. I tried them all. But they were all part of the 'set' of someone else fixing me. The answers (to the degree I was looking for) were never there.

When I finally 'gave up' on trying to find anyone to help, I realised that all that was left was to re-think the whole healing process. I realised that all the 'alternative' therapists were trying to deal with the stress I had placed on my own body. So I wondered what would happen if I simply turned my focus to releasing that stress.

I recognised a few mind blowing things... but most importantly that I was 'walking' (more like stumbling) around in a body that was riddled with tension - and the effort of this had completely destroyed my immune system. So I started working out how to best resolve this all by myself - for free. And that's how I was finally able to stop the suffering from the 4 terrible symptoms of Menieres.

I think sometimes we're our own worse enemy and we don't even know it (until or course, we do). But that's a major shift in perspective.

Anyway, best wishes with whatever you choose to do. It was quite a coincidence that I read this so thought I may as well share my perspective one more time. If you're interested in this line of thinking, you seem to be the type of person who will use the 'search' function. And thanks again Vicki.

9. gfsound

gfsound New Member

I have read this a couple times now, trying to formulate the proper response, but words seem to elude me. It is very well put, and not the first time I have received such advice, if worded slightly differently. I certainly believe there is a huge missing piece to this "disease" puzzle. Now if only I can (allow myself to?) find it. Always easier said than done, it seems. Thank you so much for sharing, Lee.

"Once in a while you can get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right."

10. Zanaree

Zanaree New Member

Kevin,

I've had good luck with a combination of JOH, Famvir and diuretics, but it was not an overnight success. I'd been on JOH for about eight months and the Famvir/diuretic combo for about three and a half months before most of my symptoms abated. You may have given up too quickly.

Best of luck with finding the right answer for you.

Zan

11. June-

June- New Member

" About 6 years ago I went into a house full of black mold. I IMMEDIATELY had an asthma attack (and I didn't have asthma!), and haven't been the same since. I came back and was officially diagnosed with allergy induced asthma. It is what prompted me to start the allergy (immunology) shots. Then 4 years later the MM symptoms began. "

There was a man here who found fungus to be an issue for him. If the search issue is still working you can find his posts. Otherwise i think you might find some of his posts on the database board. I think there is a thread about it, if not try the success stories.

12. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

I think it was Papajoe with yeast infection.

13. gfsound

gfsound New Member

Yeah, I remember the post (or maybe reading somewhere else on the internet). He was able to alleviate with anti-fungals. It's another thing where I had some tests, and read more about it, and even tried some anti-fungals, but (like with everything else, it seems) maybe didn't give it enough time. Thanks for the reminder!

14. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

My NeuroT had me try anti-virals but they didn't help me either.

Since my NeuroT had me try them without me mentioning them I believe there is some reason for him to do that so there must be some success with this approach for some people plus it is simple and cheap to try. :)

15. james

james ''Everywhere I go there I am'' GS

I think for Papajoe it turned out to be migraine in the end.Mold might have set off the whole cascade.

16. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

Just read this again ... it wasn't antivirals I tried, it was Anti-Fungals :p

17. sirlanc

sirlanc New Member

GF,
    There is another way to address this condition, wait. There is a very high chance that things will get better without any treatment. I know it sounds crazy, I have been there, I also lost the weight and was living at home for 6 months of vertigo lasting up to 24 hours. But reality is that the vast majority of people (over 80%) with MD simply get better with time. How much better? To such a level that they can live normal lives. So my suggestion to you is us medication to treat local vertigo events and give it some time...

Sirlanc

18. gfsound

gfsound New Member

Sirlanc- Well, that is DEFINITELY one thing I have NOT yet tried!! :) And I just read your commandments in your tagline- very good! I don't know how that post managed to slip by me in this past year.

19. wonderin

wonderin New Member

Thanks gfsound.
    I agree that Sirlanc's commandments are awesome - as is his advice to simply wait. Anything that heightens anxiety creates illness and unhappiness - and nothing creates more anxiety than thinking we are forever 'not right' or missing something. My advice would be to focus on health, healing and happiness rather than doing what I did for so many years and trying to find a 'solution'. It is the ultimate irony that looking for a solution actually pushes it away. Get your focus right, the anxiety will slip away, and it will happen.

20. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

I'm not sure what advantages waiting has. Meniere's is considered to be an idiopathic, progressive and degenerative disease. Since it has several components, one of them is likely to take the hardest hit and be destroyed permanently. Usually, it is the hearing component.

The more you sit around and wait, or just take meds to keep the vertigo aspect under control, the faster you risk total hearing loss. No two people have the exact set of symptoms, the same degree of vertigo or hearing loss, the same amount of hyperacusis or tinnitus.

Some can afford to wait it out. Others cannot. It really depends on your assessment of your symptoms and how compromised your balance is as well as your lifestyle. There are people here who waited and waited and waited, and became more and more miserable, until a light bulb went off in their head and they had surgery. Best decision ever for them. They got the life back 100%.

Like I've said before, only you know how much is too much. Waiting makes sense if there is a specific purpose to it, otherwise it is simply risking more deterioration of your vestibular apparatus. I say give antivirals another try and for a longer period of time. Touch base with House Ear again and let Dereberry know where you stand.

June is correct when she says that allergy treatments take longer to work in some individuals. Perhaps you did not give AVs and allergy shots enough time. If you have, it's time to move on and be proactive as to what the next step is. Acceptance is fine. If your waiting is the idling kind, I dunno man, your ears may not agree.