Cuban/Spanish food.

Discussion in 'Your Lovely Kitchen' started by Chris0515, Jul 19, 2010.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. Chris0515

Chris0515 New Member

Not sure how many of you have tried Cuban or Spanish style meals(not Mexican food)up where you live, but if you're ever in the Tampa Bay area and wanna try the best let me know and I have two places that are dee-licious & will knock your socks off.

2. Chris0515

Chris0515 New Member

Everybody was probably like "huuuuh - Cuban food"? ???

3. SMRoz

SMRoz Coast Guard Dizzy! (Ret)

I had a roomate that was obsessed with cuban food. There was a little hidden spot in Detroit he would take me. The only problem is that I don't speak spanish and at that restaruant they refuse to speak english. Good thing for my roomie or I would have starved

4. Chris0515

Chris0515 New Member

Ohhh once you start eating good Cuban/Spanish food you will learn the language fast, because it is soooooo delicious(especially the mojo pulled pork)you'll want more & more of it!

5. rottiesrule

rottiesrule New Member

Arroz con pollo, tres leches cake, frijoles negros, chicharrone de pollo, yum!!! I LOVE Cuban/Puerto Rican food.

6. Chris0515

Chris0515 New Member

We have a place here called "Pipo's" which has about 5 locations spread out all over the bay area, and their pulled pork literally melts in your mouth and has awesome seasonings they marinate it in. ;D

7. karenlr

karenlr New Member

At a party at my sisters house they had paiella, for those that don't know it's a cuban dish with yellow rice, chicken and seafood...
    lots of seafood! My kids were carefully avoiding most of the seafood muscles and such as much as possible when my son in law John picks up something squiggy from off his plate and makes a big production of eating it. It was squid, and that ladies and gents was the last time my kids would even look at paiella. We make spanish bean soup and black beans and rice sometimes.
    I'll have to ask my sis were that restaurant is Chris.