Conviction or Preference? October 15, 2006

Discussion in 'Your Religion & Spiritual Corner' started by rev, Oct 15, 2006.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. charisse

charisse Been hanging here for 8 years

rev,

When I read your response it made me think of such members. One thing I would hear the old timers say was, I have been in this church longer than you, when it came having it their way. I would say well my FIL built this church soooo :D It just made me see that its God's church not ours.

2. Cathy

Cathy New Member

Jesus, how should I respond to those that refuse to grow? Am I under the same obligations to them as I am to those new to the faith? What effect do these people have on believers that are pressing on toward maturity? Am I really helping them if I continue to let them continue their status quo?

Cathy, you are to pray for these people and love them as I love them. You are to treat ALL people the same, those new to the faith and those refusing to grow. Do not hurt these people as you have been hurt by others who wanted to impress upon you that because you were not with "their program", you were not growing. Remember how you felt? Keep that in mind when encountering others. Do not be judgmental; that attitude will put you in a state that draws you away from Me. Always listen to that still, small voice; that is the Holy Spirit that lives within you.