Confused

Discussion in 'Your Religion & Spiritual Center' started by daBronx, Dec 4, 2011.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

Truth was not my choice of word in this thread.

2. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

I'm soooooo confused now. ::)

3. Aliza

Aliza I'm still standing, alone but upright

I know that when my loved ones passed, I went on a "Hate God" rampage. For some, they need to be gently reminded that what he/she is going through is natural. If a person has never suffered the loss of someone close to them, it may be hard to empathize fully with someone who has. But I believe as Christians, we have a responsibility to show each other loving concern under all circumstances. There are a number of steps when it comes to grief, and the last of those steps is closure. I hope you find some peace and comfort and may you know and carry God in your heart. Be gentle with yourself.

You can heal!

4. Aliza

Aliza I'm still standing, alone but upright

Well said, A!

5. Aladdin-Fae

Aladdin-Fae New Member

beautiful words from a beautiful person

6. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

I agree! :-*

7. daBronx

daBronx New Member

Just so you know there can be evidence in faith.For example I faithfully believe the sun will arise at a certain time and set at a certain time.This is not just a belief but it's based on empirical evidence.

8. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

That's great! Apply the same attitude towards your beliefs and make peace with what troubles you.

9. shartsoe

shartsoe New Member

Yes, daBronx! There are also absolute truths. One and one equals two, I gave birth to five children, my mother was born in California. All true. Some people believe that faith is the only explanation for God. I believe that's not the case. The Fixed Point Foundation and Reasons to Believe are two excellent groups working to bridge the gap between reason and faith. Maybe you could give them a read?

10. bulldogs

bulldogs New Member

There are many things we cannot see, feel, touch but accept as truth. One of these is gravity and I know many many more things we accept as truth that we cannot see, feel and touch with our senses.

With that said I am very confused now!

11. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

I'm just glad I'm not a trans sexual no more. ;)

12. daBronx

daBronx New Member

That's true,there are many things we can not see.For example there are some things we feel, like a fart, that we can not see.

13. daBronx

daBronx New Member

Me too!

14. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

Atta boy! :D

Are you feeling any better?

15. Aladdin-Fae

Aladdin-Fae New Member

my daughter is safely at the lake - I shall retire

shart - awesome posts

16. daBronx

daBronx New Member

Much better,but I was wondering what the 05 at the end of Gina meant?

17. June-

June- New Member

Oh I found my missing post! :D It says while I was typing 36 new replies have been posted! :D

At some point we have to go with the preponderance of the evidence. For instance, my husband could be a serial killer but I am pretty sure he is not. I could stay up all night with a gun pointed to his head to make sure he is not, but that just doesn't seem to be the most sane interpretation of the data at hand, even though he could be out to get me.

With matters of religion, we make a leap of faith (or don't). That's why they call it faith not science. Some people believe that the stories in the Bible are meant as parables to teach us important lessons more than exact historical fact. Many people believe there was a cataclysmic flood upon which the Noah story (and other legends) are built on. Ancient people tried to understand the meaning of these events and hand that down to their descendants. It is my personal belief that we can learn from these stories carefully chosen and preserved by our ancestors if we try. But no one can prove anything to your satisfaction when it comes to faith because it's faith. What they may be able to share is how a certain way of thinking and living has enhanced their lives. You of course are expected to make your own judgment about what is best for you. The burden for you to make that decision is on you alone.

18. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

David, I have 5 children

June, so very true.

19. daBronx

daBronx New Member

You have been busy!

20. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

Married in 1977
    First son. 1979
    Male identical twins. 1981 . July 3
    Youngest son. 1988. July 3. Father-in-law passes right before he was born, or at the same time
    Only daughter. 1991 Thanksgiving day that year