Cilia's Ending

Discussion in 'Your Writer's Den' started by shartsoe, Feb 7, 2013.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. shartsoe

shartsoe New Member

It's been years since I wrote anything so I'm rusty. Please don't laugh. I decided to put this down on paper, however poorly it comes out.

There is no rain
    There is no wind
    No joyful laughter
    No clock begins

To stir my mind
    Or wake from sleep
    Anxious thoughts
    "My soul to keep."

And yet,
    The squeal
    The cackle
    And the shriek
    But music still is out of reach.

I wait for answers
    Still none come
    I wait for comfort
    Still I'm alone

No tears
    Nor grief
    No time for pain
    I stumble and rise up again.

2. Artlover

Artlover it's a crazy world.

Beautiful!

3. Gustav123

Gustav123 Life,enjoy it.

Perfect.

4. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

It's about how you feel. That's what matters the most.

5. shartsoe

shartsoe New Member

Thanks, everyone. Sarita, you're so right. Just getting it out is important for me.

6. June-

June- New Member

I like it.

7. Brownrecluse

Brownrecluse New Member

Just saw this. Lovely, honest. Keep writing. I always wanted to write, have done a number of poems and short stories, but have never felt confident about them. Good for you to have the courage to put them out there.

8. shartsoe

shartsoe New Member

Thank you! I used to do a lot of creative writing, but once I started writing for a living, writing for pleasure stopped. It seems I only have a certain amount of creative energy! I keep a blog if you're ever interested in stopping by. It's at http://oceangraces.blogspot.com/

You don't have to feel confident about your writing -- I certainly never do. The important thing is that you write. Recently my kids were watching one of those silly teen shows on Nickelodeon and the drama teacher character said to one of his students "A true artist need only please himself." The point being that you don't need anyone else's approval, you need only be happy with your choices.