Church

Discussion in 'Your Religion & Spiritual Corner' started by blessed, Oct 22, 2006.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. blessed

blessed New Member

Well, I made it to church this morning. Didn't turn out real well. The music was much, much too loud over the speakers but I couldn't hear the pastor at all. I couldn't tell you ten words that he said the whole time I was there. I did enjoy the music, though, even though it was loud it was uplifting. I probably won't be going back for awhile as much as I hate not too.

I am a little worried tonight about work tomorrow so your thoughts and prayers would be appreciated. Although I am much better than I was two days ago, my speech discrimination is still not up to par. Not sure I can talk on the phone and listen to dictation tapes, and that is what I do at work. I already missed a day and a half last week and will have to be off this Wed. to go to the doctor. I have handed this over to God and if he moves me out of this job, then that can only mean there is something else he has in mind for me to do.

God Bless,

Trina

2. sparksmith

sparksmith New Member

Very good post Trina,

I have found that when the world looks the most bleak, it is just God getting my attention.

3. HeadNoise

HeadNoise Invisible Me

God often works by taking us out of our comfort zone and we hate it. But that is when we must lean on Him and trust in Him the most. Praying for you.

4. Cathy

Cathy New Member

Trina,

I pray that work goes well for you today. I also was a transcriptionist off and on for 25 years (medical). Sometimes I wonder if that is what affected my hearing. I know how hard it is to also answer the phone when you can't hear. I was completely deaf for two weeks (thank God it cleared) in the right ear. I could hear out of my left (my phone ear) but couldn't hear the doctor when he would stand over me, "barking orders". Anyway, sweetie, I pray it goes well for you today.

5. blessed

blessed New Member

Cathy,

It's not going well at all. There were twelve messages on my answering machine that my boss had to take down for me. I have done one tape and the man who recorded it had to sit beside me and repeat what he had said. I have literally busted out at my desk crying in front of three men twice already and have only been here an hour and a half. I just really want to go home.

Trina

6. gardenfish

gardenfish New Member

Trina, I wish this was a fixable deal, but I do not know that it is. You and I share the boat and I hope we both are able to get out if it soon and in good order. What an awful stressful burden you have now. Best wishes for some joy today.
    Paul

7. Titus

Titus New Member

Trina,

I'm so sorry you're going through all this. I wish I could just take it away. But the Lord will get you through. He never leaves us and He has a plan for you.

I'm praying for you this afternoon.

Your sister-in-Christ

Kim

8. blessed

blessed New Member

Thank you all so much. I know you are praying, I feel it. I also know God has something in mind for me...I just wish He would reveal it soon. That is one of my greatest downfalls...waiting. I am a little better this afternoon.

God Bless You all and my sincerest thanks for the prayers.

Trina

9. charisse

charisse Been hanging here for 8 years

blessed,

I just wanted to give you a ((((((((((hug)))))))) I've had many of those moments. Its hard to wait isn't it, I'm not good at it either. It will turn around, I promise :-*

10. Gwendelyn

Gwendelyn New Member

Blessed,

I know how you feel. My job is also in jeopardy. My whole life feels like I'm hanging onto a thread that will break any minute. But my eyes are not on the thread but on God. Next week was suppose to be my last week but God is merciful and my layoff period has been extended to the end of Dec. Sometimes I obsess about the thread breaking but I know that when Peter walked out on the water to Jesus every time he took his eyes off Jesus and started to worry about drowning he would start to sink. Here's a song I try to sing (when I can remember the lyrics) when I don't think I can wait any longer.

As I wait, you make me strong
    As I long, draw me to your arms
    As I stand and sing your praise
    You come, you come and you fill this place
    Won't you come, Won't you come and fill this place

God Bless you and keep you close.
    Gwen

11. rev

rev New Member

Trina,
    So sorry that things aren't going so well! (How is that for understatement)

I just wanted you to know that you are in my prayers, as are so many others here. I'm saddened to see more people getting into our boat as GF said.

Glad you are feeling a little better.

I honestly don't know anyone that this comes naturally or easily.

Blessings!
    rev