Christians and Christmas

Discussion in 'Your Religion & Spiritual Corner' started by Aladdin, Nov 6, 2009.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. Henrysullivan

Henrysullivan New Member

Oh, Tara, please, you must watch that movie. I promise you, you will more than enjoy it.

2. Tara

Tara New Member

3. Aladdin

Aladdin Guest

I've not found It's a Wonderful Life on (and i've checked) except NBC airs it Christmas Eve and it's my favorite Christmas movie

4. Henrysullivan

Henrysullivan New Member

Then be tuned in on Christmas Eve! By all means. Gather the family together. Start a fire. Sip on a little cider, perhaps with a skosh of ameretto. In my book, the perfect Christmas Eve.

5. hollymm

hollymm Me, 'in' a tree.

Now we're talking!!

gmcdnh:
    I remember your posts about your daughter. I'm so very glad to hear she's started on the road. I was there once myself many years ago and life is wonderful without a crutch. I'm gonna keep thinking on her recovery to last forever.
    holly

6. gmcdnh

gmcdnh New Member

Holly,

Thank you so much for your kind words. The past few Christmases have been sad for me because of my daughter's addiction and for her not being here for one reason or another, but, I think this is going to be one of the best Christmases in a long time for me and my family. My daughter is doing so well that the clinic is letting her take home her Christmas morning dose, so, we don't have to take her down to the clinic that morning. That is a big step and she is so proud of that. Also, next week she will be getting her 60 day sobriety pin. So, I have so much to be thankful for. I appreciate everyone's prayers and thoughts for her.

I wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas!!!!

7. Henrysullivan

Henrysullivan New Member

As far as America being a Christian nation, and what that really means, this says it about as well as I can imagine:

God alone is Lord of the conscience, and He has left it free from the doctrines and commandments of men which are contrary to His Word or not contained in it. Church and state should be separate. The state owes to every church protection and full freedom in the pursuit of its spiritual ends. In providing for such freedom no ecclesiastical group or denomination should be favored by the state more than others. Civil government being ordained of God, it is the duty of Christians to render loyal obedience thereto in all things not contrary to the revealed will of God. The church should not resort to the civil power to carry on its work. The gospel of Christ contemplates spiritual means alone for the pursuit of its ends. The state has no right to impose penalties for religious opinions of any kind. The state has no right to impose taxes for the support of any form of religion. A free church in a free state is the Christian ideal, and this implies the right of free and unhindered access to God on the part of all men, and the right to form and propagate opinions in the sphere of religion without interference by the civil power.

Genesis 1:27; 2:7; Matthew 6:6-7,24; 16:26; 22:21; John 8:36; Acts 4:19-20; Romans 6:1-2; 13:1-7; Galatians 5:1,13; Philippians 3:20; 1 Timothy 2:1-2; James 4:12; 1 Peter 2:12-17; 3:11-17; 4:12-19.

I think many people misunderstand what being a Christian nation really means. What it means is F-R-E-E-D-O-M, Freedom to worship any way that one would like, or not at all. As I demonstrated earlier in this thread, the history of it all is that, to the world, American sovereignty was originally ordained by God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit, the Holy Trinity. To this day,the world recognizes the instrument that declared that fact. That fact has never changed, and cannot change without a revolution and a new reconciliation to the rest of the world. That would be a tall order, not impossible, but a tall order. This does not mean that all Americans must be Christian. That is the major point, one I have made numerous times in the past, but one that is still misunderstood by non-Christians. One cannot be coerced to become a Christian. Christianity comes from one's heart, not another's weapon. But what it does mean is that no tool of government has sufficient authority to overrule the fact of God's ordination of American sovereignty. That means that no tool of American government has sufficient authority to deny that God exists or to deny God's sovereignty over the American nation. That is because God's authority was invoked to 'reason' America into being in the first place. Without that authority, that reason, there would have been no source of authority or rightful reason to have done so. That being the case, because that authority has never been overuled by a higher authority, or countermanded by earthly force to succumb to another authority, then that authority remains in place. For this reason, America is in fact, One Nation Under God. No argument can change that fact. No one's wants needs and desires can change that. Only a revolution could change that.

8. Aladdin

Aladdin Guest

9. hollymm

hollymm Me, 'in' a tree.

excellently put my friend ;)

10. dizzysheba01

dizzysheba01 New Member

11. dolfan

dolfan Active Member

Sorry Hank, I had no idea what I was getting into......I hope you take this as a sincere apology Scott in Miami

12. Henrysullivan

Henrysullivan New Member

Scott,

No need to apologize. I wouldn't know the reason anyway. Just tell us what is truly on your mind. Speak from the heart, man. Speak from the heart. There are a lot of great folks here, who would really like to get to know the real Scott. So just be real. What is on your mind?

You are among friends.

Hank