Chicken Garden Medley

Discussion in 'Your Lovely Kitchen' started by lulu48, Apr 24, 2011.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. lulu48

lulu48 New Member

I make this fairly often because it’s very easy and it freezes well. I usually make it without the chicken and just sauté the vegetables in the butter and continue with the rest of the recipe after that. It’s really tasty! Enjoy!

What you'll need:

1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts - cut into strips

1 clove garlic - minced (I love garlic so I usually use 2 or 3 cloves and run them through a garlic press)

¼ cup unsalted butter – divided

1 yellow squash – julienned

1 zucchini – julienned

½ cup each green pepper and sweet red pepper – julienned

1 small or medium white onion – thinly sliced

2 TBSP. all-purpose flour

½ tsp. Kosher salt

¼ tsp. freshly ground black pepper

¾ cup low-sodium chicken broth

½ cup half and half

8 oz. angel hair pasta – cooked and drained

2 TBSP. shredded or grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese

In a large skillet over medium-high heat, sauté the chicken and garlic in 2 TBSP. butter for 10 to 12 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Add vegetables and cook until crisp tender. Set aside. In a small saucepan, melt remaining butter. Add the flour, salt and pepper and stir to form a smooth paste. Gradually add the broth, stirring constantly. Bring to a boil and cook for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the half and half and heat through. Pour over the chicken and vegetables and stir until well mixed. Place pasta in a greased 2 quart baking dish. Pour chicken mixture over top. Sprinkle with the cheese. Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake 10 minutes longer.

Yield : 4 to 6 servings

2. Max Stooge

Max Stooge New Member

Sounds yummy Lulu. Do you deliver?

3. Eye on Future

Eye on Future New Member

Does julienned like to cut the veg's in squares or pieces? :)

4. tm53

tm53 New Member

Cut into slim strips:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Julienning

Recipe sounds good Kim!

5. Butterflyjen

Butterflyjen New Member

I make something very similar, but add a little white wine after cooking the veggies