Cat at the window

Discussion in 'Your Writer's Den' started by thornapple, Sep 19, 2008.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. thornapple

thornapple New Member

A grey cat was at the door last night, he said.

And he said there was a five-alarm firetruck inside the striped cat, the cat who walked in the door seven years ago, skin and bones, the cat who brought Gifts for the Goddess, did a rodent inventory each day and laid them out with noses pointing west and tails pointing east, licked smooth. The cat who came inside and never left, who learned to sleep on a bed and then learned to sleep on a bed with people and then learned to sleep on a bed with people and purr. The siren said GO AWAY, MY HOUSE, MY PEOPLE, MY FOOD, MY HOME, MY BED, MY FURNITURE, MY FOOD, MY FAMILY, MY DOG, MY TERRITORY, GO AWAY.

And in the morning, there is a blue cat at the window, thin as air, and the siren screams, and the dog barks, and wet nose prints are making the glass blurry between us, and the cat just stares, at me.

Feed me, Goddess of felines. Feed me, Our Lady of Meow. Feed me before I blow away, before the coyotes use me for a napkin, before I am only a memory.

Feed me.

And the man says, oh no....I know the propensity my wife has for feeding stray cats.

And Our Lady of Meow feeds him.

And the siren song of territorial burning fires plays on while the orange kitty eats shrimps and the blue kitty, the blue kitty....

Where is the blue kitty this cold night, this night full of hunting owls? His tiny ribs make a washboard of his blue fur. Where is he huddled, shivering? Will he come for his breakfast?

The striped kitty lies on my ankles, purring.

The orange kitty dreams of shrimp.

The blue kitty dreams....

2. nave alta

nave alta Guest

Wow, I like that alot! You're one of those 'cat people', aren't you? I thought so. ;D ;D :-*

3. burd

burd New Member

That is fantastic! Absolutely fantastic.

4. thornapple

thornapple New Member

He didn't come for his breakfast. :(

5. burd

burd New Member

Blue kitty? Have you seen him since?

6. thornapple

thornapple New Member

:D :D :D
    Here for breakfast today...and staying for the day!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

He's a boy. He likes the dog. He likes the orange kitty. He likes to be upside down. He is a face-patter. He has dirty feet.

Striped kitty is in the garage....he likes the mice in there.

Oh, yes...blue kitty has toe tufties and ear tufties.

This blue kitty makes me happy.

7. burd

burd New Member

I am smiling! Beautiful blue kitty!!! A very lucky blue kitty.

8. feelbizarre

feelbizarre New Member

Blue kitty looks like my kitty....a Maine coon...he doesn't look fullgrown, unless he's a mix. Maine coons are cool!

9. thornapple

thornapple New Member

He is very small...I would guess six months, maybe nine at most.

10. nave alta

nave alta Guest

Indeed.

11. thornapple

thornapple New Member

He's gone off again....
    There's many a slip twixt the cat the hip.

12. thornapple

thornapple New Member

He's back. He had his dinner and is sleeping on the deck in a catbasket that belonged to my mother. :D

13. deercharmer1

deercharmer1 Somewhere in the forest....

Oh, I LIKE blue kitty!!! :-*

14. burd

burd New Member

Nonni was here then not, here then not, for the first few days. Then she decided to stay.

15. thornapple

thornapple New Member

The dog is so crazed she wants to eat blue kitty. But blue kitty is still here, and purring away!

What age do boy kitty fuzzballs descend? Cuz his haven't yet.

16. Aladdin

Aladdin Guest

what a beautiful cat

17. feelbizarre

feelbizarre New Member

The male fuzzballs descend by two months. Maybe he has been neutered already.

18. thornapple

thornapple New Member

I think he is two-timing us. He spent two nights here, was here when I got home, and now he's off somewhere....hmmm.

19. burd

burd New Member

Maybe he is playing you for a dining-out experience.

20. thornapple

thornapple New Member

Well, I hope that is it...because he is gone and I am very sad today.