Casual Conversation

Discussion in 'Your Front Porch' started by Intrepid, Nov 7, 2011.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

It's a sign. All arrows point to home.

2. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

Take me with you :D

3. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

You can come visit me whenever you like. How's that?

4. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

Oh I will :D

Can't wait to go back there.

5. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

Detachment. Good movie. Makes you think.

6. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

Hungry for Change. I think this documentary needs to be watched by most everyone.

7. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

Reading that BOTH Dems and Reps spent 2 Billion $$$ of taxpayers' money last year on freaking breakfasts.

8. hollymm

hollymm Me, 'in' a tree.

And all the while here I sitting here eating Some toast with low fat butter!!! Pigs :mad:

9. hollymm

hollymm Me, 'in' a tree.

10. shartsoe

shartsoe New Member

San Luis Obispo, California. Average temp all year round is 72 degrees. Wish I could afford to go back.

11. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

I wonder what the job market is like right now. I'd move.

12. shartsoe

shartsoe New Member

If it was just me and Steve we'd go. There are some cute little apartment complexes or small houses near the downtown area or even on the outskirts. We both worked for the newspaper there for a time, but when we found out we were expecting our oldest son we moved back to the Central Valley. You could probably swing it depending on what kind of work you're looking for. I haven't been back in a while, but it was great when we were there. 15 minutes from Pismo, a little more to Cambria (one of my favorite places).

13. June-

June- New Member

When i was i LA last time, i took the pacific coastliner to san diego on my free day. It also goes north to san luis obispo. I dont know if i have time to go all the way and back in a day, ut what do you recommend along the way for a day trip?

14. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

I will definitely check it out. It's mostly the job market that interests me, other than that, I'd move anywhere there is clean water, fresh vegetables and decent schools.

15. shartsoe

shartsoe New Member

Well, I never spent much time in Southern California, but San Diego is closer to LA than San Luis. (About three hours to SLO from LA, so you could do if you really wanted to. When we lived in the Central Valley sometimes we would leave very early in the morning and make a day trip and that's also about a three hour trip.) Did you check out Malibu or some of the other beach towns down there? How about LA to Santa Barbara? There's a train that runs there and Santa Barbara is beautiful.

16. shartsoe

shartsoe New Member

Avocado orchards, strawberry fields, fresh citrus, apples. (If you go there's an apple farm between San Luis and Cambria. Such good stuff!)

Well, now I've made myself terribly homesick. I'll have to find a way to visit soon. :)

17. shartsoe

shartsoe New Member

And almond orchards!

18. June-

June- New Member

The coastliner is the train. I enjoyed the ride from la to san diego and thought i would go north from la next time. Just wasnt sure of a destination. San luis obispo is the farthest the train goes.

19. shartsoe

shartsoe New Member

Oh,well then. Depending on how early the morning train departs, it looks like you could do it in a day. Otherwise, try Santa Barbara next time. Like I said, it's lovely too.

20. June-

June- New Member

Is there anything special i should be sure to see if i have an hour in either of those places?