Car Wash Roller Coaster

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Erosangel, Sep 29, 2006.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. Erosangel

Erosangel New Member

I will never again go into one of the Automatic Car Washes. I never would have thought that it would set my world a spinning. It was awful. I almost couldn't even pull my car out. I closed my eyes thinking that if I couldn't see it moving I would be ok, WRONG! It really is a bad thing that I cannot even go through a car wash. Told my hubby that car washing was now his job or I have to take it to one of the hand wash places which I don't always have time too. ::)

2. burd

burd New Member

I haven't been through a car wash but I definitely know how it feels when my menieres is aggravated or even brought on by visual stimulation. For me it's anything repetitive like walking in a room with a repetitive floor pattern, stopped in traffic with cars zinging past in front of me, the motion of shaving my legs, tree shadows across the road alternating with sun, watching kids on swing, etc., or sweeping swirling circular motions. I guess waltzing is out!

Think of it in a positive light...washing the car is no longer your job. ;)

3. Linda1002

Linda1002 New Member

Or you can take it to a place where you have to get out and THEY do it.

Hope you're feeling better!

4. Willie Marie

Willie Marie New Member

Thanks for your post. That is one thing I HAD NOT thought of--but it would have made me go nuts. I can't drive now, but wouldn't have thought a thing about going through a car wash. I'll definitely keep that in mind.

Willie Marie

5. Robyn

Robyn Russell the Wombat

I go through those car washes all the time without any problems. I have MAV and it can be triggered by movement, but for some reason the car wash is no problem. I have a heap of trouble if a light is flickering somewhere though. :-[

6. GinaMc

GinaMc Me and my friend Sally :)

have you ever been stuck front and center while a train was moving by?? I couldn't believe how that effected me! I too closed my eyes just praying for it to be gone... car washes haven't been a problem for me but if i see the blinking lights of a train about to approach i will pull over and make sure i'm not in the very front!!!

GinaMc

7. gardenfish

gardenfish New Member

I get the car wash deal AND the train thing also. I will never go to a car wash near a train station ;). The first time I experienced this it almost freaked me out until I figured what was happening. I wash my car by hand now or else it stays dirty.
    Erosangel, good topic here. THanks.
    Paul

8. GinaMc

GinaMc Me and my friend Sally :)

Hi Paul... yeah I was pretty surprised by the train thing.. didn't think anything about it until I was right there... and there is nothing you can do... can't pull over, can't back up... you just have to sit there and wait for it to be gone, and I could feel myself starting to panic! it was nuts..but i'm glad it just isn't me ;) thanks.
    GinaMc

9. Willie Marie

Willie Marie New Member

Trains get me as well as traffic (yet another reason I don't drive). Also walking across bridges is something that kills me.

Willie Marie

10. pardonme

pardonme Guest

11. gardenfish

gardenfish New Member

hey GIna, thanks for mentioning the train deal. It is a weird feeling.
    anything lurching, swaying and such is a no-no. Standing motionless is way good.
    Paul

12. Erosangel

Erosangel New Member

My hubby and I went to the train museum, in Sacramento, with the kids and my father-in-law. One of the trains that they had you could walk through it. I have never been on a train so I thought cool I'll walk through this one. Half way through the train car it started moving. Talk about being sick I thought I was gonna drop right there. There was no warning that they had it on hydrolics so that they could make it feel like a real train. My poor father-in-law was in front of me, I grabbed him and screamed get me off this thing. They now have a warning sign on the train.

Sorry just thought about that when you mentioned trains. If I see a train comming I just pull over and put my head down other wise I'm done.

13. LisaB

LisaB New Member

This happened to me this week, and seemed to set off a bad 3 day reaction. This has never happened before. When I read your post I thought I would get dizzy again! :)