!CAN YOU OFFER ANY HELP!

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by baby04, Oct 30, 2008.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. baby04

baby04 New Member

Hello I am 26 and i have just been diagnosed with mineres disease.I have been fighting with this for about 13 years i went to doctor after doctor trying to find out what was going on with me.This past year i was diagnosed.I constantley have ringing in the ears really high pitched noises,dizzyness,vomiting headaches really bad vertigo where at times i cant stand without falling,And i my eyes start twitching when i have my spells.At times i get really sleepy and almost worn out after haveing a bat of spells.I have had a hearing test done and on my right ear it was a 30 on my left ear it was a 35.Right now i am on a diuretic and a potassium pill.My doctor keeps bringing up to me about the procedure where they use the needle in the ear drum.I am very scared of this procedure,But I need some relief.i have 4 small kids and my husband is over seas working.It makes it impossible to do normal things that we all take for granted.

2. burd

burd New Member

Please check into MAV. It shares the same symptoms as meniere's plus many more that are often misdiagnosed as other maladies. (It stands for Migraine Associated Vertigo) Many here have it. Even though it may be similar to menieres, its a totally different thing with completely different ways of dealing with it, and many are able to find significant relief through environmental and food management without medications, or minimal anyway. Please check into it before letting any doctor cut into you. Self research is the best way to start. I highly recommend this inexpensive book "Heal Your Headache" by David Buchholz. Interesting that many have migraine activity without headaches at all so the headaches don't always need to be present when having dizziness, tinnitus, vertigo, etc. You can also type MAV into our search and come up with tons of info.

3. Nancy2004

Nancy2004 New Member

Sorry you've had such a time of it, but welcome to the forum!

Many people on this site find a lo-sodium diet and cutting out caffiene helps. Keep reading even the old threads on this site. You'll find all sorts of information. I'm sure you'll hear from lots of people here. My only real suggestion would be to try everything you can before any surgical procedures. I think they should always be a final resort. Do you have other family or friends nearby for support and help with the kids during your bad times? It must be hard with your husband away. Come back to this forum whenever you need to vent or just need someone to talk to. I've found a lot of good people here.

Best of luck,
    Nancy

4. amberini

amberini New Member

I had an injection 2 weeks ago, good results.

5. Linda1002

Linda1002 New Member

I agree with Burd. Please check into MAV.

http://www.menieresresources.org/Resources/HomePage?action=download&upname=MRIBrochure-MAV2.pdf

6. charisse

charisse Been hanging here for 8 years

Another good mav site is www.mvertigo.org

7. LisaB

LisaB New Member

I learned so much on this site. It takes patience, which sometimes it seems we don't have time for, but I did learn as time went on, even reading the daily posts a lot was informative. I sure wish you relief- and soon!
    Welcome, lisa