Can the bickering stop?

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by GinaMc, Mar 10, 2007.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. GinaMc

GinaMc Me and my friend Sally :)

If you haven't noticed... I have and I have to say something. I am SO tired of the bantering back and forth about NUCCA and chiropractor care, etc... what I am trying to say is if someone posts either positive or negative about this then fine.. just leave it. I am SO tired of a particular person coming on here and continuously bantering about this subject.

If nobody is going to do anything about this.. it will eventually come down to this board possibly being discontinued and that would be a DAMN SHAME. Quite honestly... I don't even post here as much as I used to because of this crap and I'm discouraged by it.

I hope those that read this will understand WHERE I am coming from and we can put an end to this 5th grade class.

Sorry for the vent.. but mannnnn just STOP already. Please.

Gina

2. Caribbean

Caribbean New Member

Hummmmm, this thread ought to be interesting! and I got ring side seats.

3. GinaMc

GinaMc Me and my friend Sally :)

Please understand.. this is NOT to start anything.. I just want to be able to come here like I used to and get support and help others, not listening to bickering back and forth about the same subject... everyone is entitled to their opinions as we have seen on here many times.... but please.. this has got to end so those of us that want to come here and post freely and not be harrassed can do so and get back to what the board used to be. I have tried to just ignore most comments and not "click" on them as it was suggested to me but I am sick of it.

Thanks
    Gina

4. LisaB

LisaB New Member

I totally agree with Gina.............why can't people who want to "go at each other" do it by email, personally. The rest of us don't want to listen. The board has a different tone than it used to, and I also don't see the same people who were huge supports to everyone posting as often.........I miss them. Even saying "I have ring side seats" seems to imply another circus waiting for people to go at each other! That is not what this board used to be. I think everyone here has the intelligence to disagree with a point in a formal, educated way if they want. Also, with courtesy to the other person. Can we at least try? I have been telling myself not to check in as often. While I might not be missed, I would miss the help that is here. Lisa

5. chez57

chez57 Never invisible but always transparent

You know I really don't think that people are capable of letting go- I am almost beginning to think it is a competition to see who can get the most posts on an individual thread!

I posted on the bottom of the second page of the latest saga asking it to stop but hey it's going strong and building in momentum.

The thing that worries me is that when I joined there were lots of other newbies who stuck around but they've nearly all disappeared and some of the more established members aren't posting the same as they were. I feel sorry for the newbies who place their first post reaching out for help but are being forgotten (how many have you seen post once and then never again?).

They need our help and support and to read good advice WITHOUT the immature childish personal bickering.

The forum has changed - I don't check in and post as much as I did, but I need it too just as much as everyone else.

I'm glad you posted this GinaMc. It needed saying - I just hope that folk take it on board. Cheryl

6. Amethyst

Amethyst She believed she could, so she did.

I'll agree with that Gina - I definitely feel no further need to jump in on 'those' threads. I did at first because I'm another who thinks it's important to see all sides covered....and they definitely have done that, and then some. I don't think there's any need to go further with it now - seems to me there is now plenty of information on the chiro threads in order for a person to decide if it's the right choice for them. I'm happy to move on.....
    :)
    Amethyst

7. charisse

charisse Been hanging here for 8 years

I've been here some 5 years and seen this happen many times. It will calm down and things will get back to normal. Please don't let these threads make anyone leave.

8. LisaB

LisaB New Member

Here's a question.......is it considered "not nice" to report people who are attacking and have their posts removed? Or is that just a headache for Ray, who is so kind to set all this up? Lisa

9. ToniG

ToniG Guest

Yep, I agree.

10. Bergie

Bergie New Member

double ditto!!

11. feelbizarre

feelbizarre New Member

I don't think they need to be reported. They really aren't personally attacking each other in my viewpoint. They all just have very strong opinions on the subject and wish to have their viewpoints known. If it were personal now that is a different story.

Joanne

12. charisse

charisse Been hanging here for 8 years

I agree with Joanne,

This is common on this board and so many others. At first I would get ruffled about it all, but then I saw the pattern of this sort of thing and thought why am I getting myself all upset. I had been attacked in the past but that person is gone and I am still here reaping the benefits of the support I get here. It will die down.

13. Mya46

Mya46 Knowledge is POWER!

Yes i agree too that some threads are just very competitve for some. I've seen real bantering and name calling in past that was uncalled for, the Nucca thread is just very opinionated.

14. cowcollector

cowcollector Don't hug a tree, hug a cow!!

we all have a right to our opinion and we all have a right to disagree.
    i just hope we all remember that we should be here to support each
    other when we are down. unfortunately when we are down, we are
    usually the most vulnerable too. i have never tried nucca so i cant
    say anything about it, but i have been to a traditional chiro and he
    has been very open and honest about what he can and cannot do.
    he never ever promises anything, he is just there to help.
    please just remember that we all need to get along and not
    bash each other.

i hope gina you do not leave. someone that is a STEELERS fan
    has got to be a great person ;D

15. Caribbean

Caribbean New Member

I have to agree with charisse, things will calm down as the topic will start to get boring for the OPs, its difficult when your involved in a mudslinging dual and not feeling that well on top of it, sometimes the easiest course of action is to "SHOUT BACK" when you are feeling low yourself.
    I would like to think that 99.9% of the time the so called bashing's are not meant to be a personal vendetta.

Next week I plan on posting the wonder's of "RED HOT CHILLI PEPPER"S" and how its a GURENTEED CURE ALL FOR EVERYTHING.........So until then stay tuned and be well.
    Peace[​IMG]

Larry

16. dizzysheba01

dizzysheba01 New Member

Gina, no one was attacking anyone. If I don't like a topic, I ignore it. REad what you like and skip the rest. Peoples views and experiences on this topc gave very good information both positive and negative.

17. Isis_M

Isis_M New Member

GinaMc, I totally agree with you. This whole NUCCA debate has gone on way too long. Both sides have been presented and it's time to let it go, IMO.

I've seen this happen on other boards, and it sometimes becomes very ugly, and I would hate to see that happen here. Newcomers are put off and never come back, and long-timers get fed up and leave. Not a good thing on any board, but especially not on a support board like this one.

In my experience, the best thing that can be done is to simply ignore aggravating threads/posters and certainly NOT continue posting to them, continuing the controversy and creating more problems. We can't control what others post or who posts, but we can choose to ignore it...JMO, of course.

18. Sarita

Sarita New Member

An observation on the poor NUCCA thread.....when I log on to the Living Room page, I see only one thread on NUCCA. All the discussions, opinions, disagreements are restricted to that ONE thread.

There are other 19 topics that appear on that same page yet here we are talking about that ONE thread that is bothering us and that we are so afraid is going to shut the forum down or scare people away or cause us sleepless nights.

Is it just me or does anybody else see the humour in this situation? :D

That thread is like an itch that some of us feel so compelled to scratch every time we see it and we can't seem to not let it affect us.

Maybe we can use it to teach us how to turn the other way, not let everything bother us and not become anxious and upset by the ONE thing that is not going the way we want it to go.

Let's focus on the other NINETEEN things instead.

Group hug......anyone??

19. LisaB

LisaB New Member

I think that people certainly have been attacking each other, but it's good if you can not have it register on your radar! :) Good for you. And Sarita.......you go, girl because you have the best advice. I admit.....I used to check in and comment (for a laugh), and then you do become addicted. I don't read that thread anymore. I guess what bugs me is you expect it to be gone after a week, but the same few people keep bumping it up. That is irritating to me. There is not too much new being said about it, just a conversation between the same people. Thanks, Sarita, for the refocusing! And Larry....you always make me laugh. I look forward to the new Red Hot Chili Pepper Therapy. Lisa :)

20. milo

milo New Member

I don't see attacking so much as venting. The (trouble?) with online forums like this is that the reader reads into the post qualities that are not necessarily there. What I mean is that a reader reads a post and absorbs it through his or her own set of filters. A post can be quite benign but a reader can see it as hurtful or personal. In face to face interaction this would probably not happen but the reader has no idea how a post might have been written. Anyway I for 1 am all for the hugs. In the words of Rodney King "Can't we all just get along" :)