Calling all writers - help!

Discussion in 'Your Writer's Den' started by HeadNoise, Sep 27, 2006.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. HeadNoise

HeadNoise Invisible Me

I have applied to the Secretary of State in Missouri for a registered name for a Meniere's non profit organization - purpose is for education and also eventually to establish an assisted living facility. The ByLaws and Articles of Incorporation are in rough draft stage. Officers and board members are coming together.

A resource manual needs to be compiled explaining all the aspects of diff vestibular diseases, symptoms, diff between vertigo, dizziness, disequilibrium; treatments, triggers, psychological effects, how to apply & get SSD, insurance & legal issues, working on the job with MM, and a thousand other things.

I know a lot of you have information, files of information. I need people to contribute chapters of your choice (with some organization and coordination of course) to this book which may end up being the size of a large telephone book.

The book will be used for both MM, BPPV, SCD, MAV, etc sufferers and also for a guidebook in educating volunteers and staff who would work to establish this assisted living facility.

Ex: acoustics, lighting, diet - all issues in this facility that are unique to Menieres et al and would have to be addressed before the facility would be satisfactory. It can't just be another tile and fluorescent lit nursing home!!! Can you see the issues here?

If you feel inspired to help with this - a long term project, WE NEED YOU! Everybody has knowledge about different things. I've not applied for SSD, I wouldn't know a thing about writing about it. I have a cochlear implant, I could write about that whereas others of you could not. So each person here has an experience or an area of "expertise" that could contribute to this manual.

I foresee a website of material - brochures, books, DVDs and videos also developed. Non MM people are welcome to write - coping as a family, etc. MM and raising children, or having a parent with MM. Please help us make a difference here - many people spent decades without support in the past. The computer & internet has made it possible that for future sufferers, we can make life much better. There must be some reason we are all here, keep struggling along together, gleaning support and encouragement from one another. Let's pass it along!

2. Aladdin

Aladdin Guest

i'm coming - count me in

3. HeadNoise

HeadNoise Invisible Me

Would like to include some of your poetry and other writings - to show the emotional side of MM too. I will need your permission to do this, unless you want to volunteer - otherwise I will be doing some recruiting! ::)

4. Aladdin

Aladdin Guest

the poetry and prose here on the forum is outstanding - brillant - in many cases

5. HeadNoise

HeadNoise Invisible Me

Ok, I've received the name approval from the Secretary of State. I will be asking for those who want to be Board members soon. The lawyer has the Bylaws & Articles of Incorporation for his review.

NOW - don't wait to be asked, and you don't have to ask MY permission either - if you have something expressing your thoughts in prose or poetry that you would like to include in that section of our new resource book - please PM them to me. Please include your name (real name LOL) and also written permission to reprint your submission.

6. storm

storm Dazed, confused & generally buggered!!

Hi Sherry love........... again!!!

Yes, that is fine - I can write an account of having MM and Deafness since childhood, the ensuing medications, testing and surgeries that resulted. (I promise I won't swear!!! LOL!! :D) And my experiences of MM thru school on this side of the pond!

You'll have to bear with me though - I've never exactly written an autobiography before!!

Take Care X