Business travel

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Seattlekidz, Feb 16, 2010.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. Seattlekidz

Seattlekidz New Member

I'm being offered a job based in NJ while I'm in Seattle. I can work from home. The only drawback is the job requires about 75% travel. Just seems to risky. A lot of international travel which would likey be for a couple weeks at a time. I'm broke since I quit my job. Any thoughts? I would hate to have a MM attack during my travels.

2. Skye76

Skye76 New Member

I travel quite a bit for my job as well. I've had attacks while on trips, but my boss knows about my MM, so I never travel alone. When I'm feeling "off" or sick, they try to arrange someone to fill in for me. I hate getting sick, and hate having to rely on others to do my job. I'm fiercely independent and have worked hard to get where I'm at, but I am human, and a sick one at that, and have had to make accommodations due to my illness. If this company is willing to allow you to travel with someone, that might help ease your concerns. Not sure how severe or how often your attacks are, but I know it's scary to be out of town and feel sick.

My doctor also gives me keen advice before I fly or travel, so talk with your doctor as well, as he or she may have some good insight. Best of luck!