Breastfeeding (topic continued from CUJSTDCNT thread)

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Taximom5, Dec 29, 2010.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. Ladysmokeater

Ladysmokeater Peace be with you my friend

Come to think of it, my Aunt in Australia has SEVERE celaic. She had three normal pregenancies. Other than a limited diet, they didnt worry a bit about it. She has almost died with celaic related issues several times over the years.

2. dizzysu

dizzysu New Member

TAximom I do have a high risk dr- right now I am such a mess with the pneumonia that htey are just managing that. No hyperemesis for me- and last pregnancy I had thyroid issues..... I was on synthroid. Right now I am being monitored. So far so good.

Here once you have a second trimester loss you are monitored non stop- immediately high risk- and I am over 35 so more high risk.

It's exhausting! But worth it to bring home a safe and snuggly baby in the end.....

Preeclampsia and Meniere's are two of the worst things I can think of...... really hard challenges in my life.....

3. Taximom5

Taximom5 New Member

Dizzysu, I'm sorry you are stuck with both, and hope that both conditions disappear soon!

I'm glad you have high risk dr. Mine was wonderful--I am convinced she saved my baby's life, and quite possibly mine as well. They had me come in 2-3 times a week for fetal monitoring. She almost caught the celiac thing with me, too--the only doctor who thought of it.

I had been bringing a little container of strawberries with me wherever I went, as that was the only food that stayed down. We joked about it, and then she said, "hmmm, that's the only thing staying down, and crackers AREN'T--wonder if we should test you for celiac?"

I told her that the fried rice didn't stay down, either--but neither of us realized that the soy sauce had gluten.

Oh, well. Live and learn!

I remember going in for an ultrasound at 37 weeks--and the doctor said, "guess what? We're inducing you tonight!"

Went in for an ultrasound, came home with a baby!