BRAIN FOG-Cognitive Aspects of Vestibular Disorders

Discussion in 'Meniere's Disease "Database"' started by dizzjo, Sep 27, 2006.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. maursy1

maursy1 New Member

Thanks for posting this article. I was trying to explain all these problems I get with concentration to my husband, especially difficulty I have when two people talk at once. Shopping is also exhausting. :)

2. Nathan

Nathan New Member

kudos to you, dizzjo.

3. gto

gto New Member

I'm a newbie but was diagnosed 4 yrs. ago. This is was very infomative to me and my family. Thanks so very much.

4. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

I loved reading this and realizing, ok, it's not just me!

Not many people address the effects this has on our cognitive abilities.

Sometimes I just feel so stupid. Now I know it just Brain Fog. Just.

5. hollymm

hollymm Me, 'in' a tree.

validating, very validating

Thank goodness there's a dictionary on line, I'm always spell checking ;)

6. Wylee

Wylee New Member

My Neurotologist calls brain fog: "clouded mentation." ::)

7. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

LOL! :D good one!

Merry Christmas! And a Happy New Year!!!

8. dizzjo

dizzjo One day at a time & baby steps!

Bumped up for Sarita.

9. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

Hey, Joyce, I love this thread. It's so important for people to understand how MM affects our Cognitive abilities!

You're the best for keeping this thread going!
    It's great for newbies to understand what's happening to them, and that they aren't alone, isn't it.

Sarita, are you okay?

10. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

Bumped up for newbies and oldies, this is a great thread with lots of information.

Made me feel so much better when Joyce posted it over 11 years ago on another site. I lost my hard copy, it was 13-14 pages long!

11. BumbleBea

BumbleBea New Member

This was an absolutely amazing read! So many things make sense to me now! I truly am not alone!! My goodness, I'm going to print it so I can show it to my family, it explains so many things. Why don't the doctors tell us about these things, I thought I was losing my mind when I wanted to say one word and something else came out all the time. It's just so on the money. To know that so many people are having the same things happening brings me comfort. Not that they are suffering, but that I am not alone.