Bon a petit - what is for dinner?

Discussion in 'Your Front Porch' started by Aladdin-Fae, Sep 6, 2011.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. Aladdin-Fae

Aladdin-Fae New Member

Lean rump (beef) roast stuffed with garlic, baby carrots, small red potatoes with skins, basil, red pepper (hot), herb spice, spice mix, and crock pot.
    Italian bread. A glass of wine would be nice but don't drink much. Perhaps coffee with Baileys for desert.

*Please no drama just a friendly ongoing thread of food for the soul and fellowship. Thank you and God bless. :) *

Ps - I am still under the weather and don't have the energy to cook but it is all planned for tomorrow, Lord willing. :)

2. Aliza

Aliza I'm still standing, alone but upright

Grilled chicken fajitas!

3. Aladdin-Fae

Aladdin-Fae New Member

I love those but even now they don't sound good- so I know something is wrong. :) I am not one to go to the doctor and have made made an appointment awhile ago.

4. phildsc

phildsc New Member

Tortelloni with choice of alfredo sauce or Italian sausage sauce. Fast easy and good.

5. Aliza

Hi Phildsc!

A, you ok?

6. Aladdin-Fae

Aladdin-Fae New Member

Yes. I don't like sausage or should I say sausage does not like me. I love Alfredo sauce. I spice it with a little red pepper. :)

enjoy!

7. Aladdin-Fae

Aladdin-Fae New Member

Yeah. Just been fighting a flu or whatever and cannot kick it. Plus one of my tubes fell out and one is in my canal and infected the ear again so double blah. But I go on Thursday so no worries. My husband had a major flu and I got the brunt of it too. I know I am sick though when food does not even sound good. Especially Mexican or Italian and I know I am under weather when Middle Eastern Food sounds nauseating. LOL :) That is my favorite.

8. Aladdin-Fae

Aladdin-Fae New Member

even cookies look nasty! haha!

(I am staying signed in forever - much easier than trying to remember password all of the time - however I am not on very much of the day and won't usually be here except to check in once and awhile (daily- will try) - most people can catch me on email or Facebook but if you cannot, please message me. God bless.)

9. Aliza

Feel better, A!

10. Aladdin-Fae

Aladdin-Fae New Member

Thanks. I am thinking about:

Couscous with a sweet potato, cumin, allspice, (Arabic spice), olive oil, onion and squash. Or maybe instead of couscous using balsamic rice.

11. bulldogs

bulldogs New Member

will have fish and a salad.

12. Aladdin-Fae

Aladdin-Fae New Member

I like fish and salad.

Grilled, baked, or fried? Perhaps deep fried for you since you are in the south.

13. tm53

tm53 New Member

Doing Maple smoked pork again tomorrow.

Alisa you are welcome to come on over this time (you know there won't be leftovers) and tell Aladin to get here as well.

(I got a little lost earlier)

14. Aliza

I'm there! :)

15. Aladdin-Fae

Aladdin-Fae New Member

Oh I see - you are doing a smorgasbord now aren't you? LOL - like the menu better I suppose with BD's sea bass and Kim's salad- LOL. sigh, I know I did not cook tonight but tomorrow is another day!

How do you smoke your pork? Do you have a smoker?

Alisa - do you like pork?

Funny story - when Headnoise would visit we sat a plate for Seadog and his family for that weekend - not sure how or what prompted that. Whenever I would feel sick or down in the dump I would set an extra plate for him and family. I guess I'll have to put that leaf in the table now to include TM and Alisa....among others.

16. Aladdin-Fae

Aladdin-Fae New Member

Okay good. I am searching for that other leaf tomorrow. Well my husband will be. lol

17. tm53

tm53 New Member

In my younger years I tried rolling stuff in papers and smoking it. Totally different application but I digress.

I used to have a smoker but found I can get similar results (and less mess) with not-so-dense cuts of meat on the grill. Just discovered Maple this year for pork, it is really, really good. A bit of a smokey maple syrup flavor. Yup....

Bring whatever you want as long as I know the sodium content, I'm happy! I'm thinking baked apples as well.

18. Aliza

"Alisa - do you like pork?"

It doesn't matter much, TM invited me, but warned me of no leftovers. Maybe he'll fix me up a yummy salad? :) :)

19. Aliza

"I'm thinking baked apples as well."

Yum!

20. Aladdin-Fae

Aladdin-Fae New Member

that is too weird I just typed about making or baking an apple pie to get rid of bitter taste - I mean look at the time it posted and it will be at the same. Wow great minds do think alike. Well your mind appears great - the jury is out to lunch and left the court on my verdict.